Hi all,

I am trying to help a few Priv owners optimize their devices as much as possible as I have a few friends who converted from iPhone and bought Priv's during the Black Friday sale in 2016.

One friend has had some performance issues and I have assisted him in getting it running much smoother and less hot. I attempted to do a hard reset or a reset etc. I held down the power button for 32 seconds but I don't know if that was the correct way to do it.

I did a few You Tube video searches and it looks like the proper way is to hold down the volume up and down buttons for 32 seconds?

This won't delete or do anything to the data, will it? I don't want him to lose anything significant. I don't own a Priv so I am not that familiar with it.

Thanks for the assistance

Posted via CB10
    06-27-17 05:34 PM
    I did a few You Tube video searches and it looks like the proper way is to hold down the volume up and down buttons for 32 seconds?

This won't delete or do anything to the data, will it? I don't want him to lose anything significant. I don't own a Priv so I am not that familiar with it.
    That's basically just a soft reset. It won't trash any data or anything but the chances of it doing anything helpful are also slim to none. If they're having that many issues with their Priv, it's best to just do a full on factory reset and start fresh.

http://helpblog.blackberry.com/2015/...to-reset-priv/

https://crackberry.com/how-factory-r...lackberry-priv
    06-27-17 09:34 PM