for me, whether its at school or out and about people are usually like ":O" its like they have never seen anything like it before.

How do people act when you slide up your Priv?-download.jpg
    02-16-16 08:59 AM
    There is no doubt that the PRIV is a very unique device....
    02-16-16 09:08 AM
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...dersound&hl=en

Used that to set the slide out sound to the communicator sound from Star Trek.
    02-16-16 09:09 AM
    Priv gets noticed due to the SLIDER & Passport still draws lot of attention due to its size and pkb . These last two devices by Blackberry have been unique and engineering marvels in terms of design and always command unparralled attention.
    02-16-16 09:16 AM
    Panties melt
    Attached Thumbnails How do people act when you slide up your Priv?-priv-slide.jpg  
    02-16-16 09:36 AM

Can you post a link to the mp3 or show me where to get it. Just bought the app.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    02-16-16 09:46 AM
    Priv gets noticed due to the SLIDER & Passport still draws lot of attention due to its size and pkb . These last two devices by Blackberry have been unique and engineering marvels in terms of design and always command unparralled attention.
    i agree 100%. when i had the passport, everyone was like "wow, what is that" and same with the priv.
    IndianTiwari likes this.
    02-16-16 09:47 AM

search "kirk communicator" on zedge (another app for free ringtones)
    02-16-16 10:34 AM
    "Hey, a slider! That's neat... Whoa, it's a BlackBerry?"

PRIVateering since 2015.
    IndianTiwari and ProjectBrett like this.
    02-16-16 10:49 AM

http://www.trekcore.com/audio/commun...os_chirp_2.mp3
    02-16-16 12:08 PM
    "WTF??" How can u do that? :0 ??!! That's very cool!

ProjectBrett likes this.
    02-16-16 12:36 PM
    "WTF??" How can u do that? :0 ??!! That's very cool!

That's what people say to me. I tell them "Your phone can do it too, you just have to believe"
    Jonneh, Jake2826, blambtn and 1 others like this.
    02-16-16 12:39 PM
    They are very surprised!
    02-16-16 12:52 PM
    for me, whether its at school or out and about people are usually like ":O" its like they have never seen anything like it before.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	download.jpg 
Views:	1477 
Size:	76.1 KB 
ID:	391519
    The "slide out" is normally part 3 of my Priv show off.

1. Picture password
    2. "Oh by the way, it's running on Android"
    3. Slide out the keyboard
    4. Keyboard "trackball"

That usually gets its fair share of "wows", " omgs", and "that's a Blackberry!!".

And when they see me in my Aston Martin, they think I've done something special to get this phone. Too funny.

ProjectBrett likes this.
    02-16-16 02:13 PM
    To my surprise, nobody seems to care about the slide-out so far (using the Priv since half November). Back in the day, my other (landscape) QWERTY sliders would surprise people. Maybe the difference is that with those, I had to tilt the phone 90 degrees to slide out the keyboard, so the action as a whole was more visible. The Priv's slider is more subtle, which is nice since it's more low profile. Only people in the Secret Club of true PKB-lovers notice it.

Then again, I haven't visited an airport yet since I had the Priv, those are usually the best place for getting curious looks (mostly from other business travelers) whenever I have a 'special' phone, notebook, or camera.
    02-16-16 02:42 PM
    made mine plays slider sound with tasker. plays lightsaber on when i slide out and people immediately turn their heads over with expression like
    :0 , :O , . they always commenting it as "cool" got couple of guys wanting to get it
    theegoldenone likes this.
    02-16-16 04:08 PM
    OK! I admit it. I must be getting on in years. But I'm only 64 and still have all my hair (to my waist no less).

I have a feeling from what I read here is that you think you're somehow really cool and on this ego trip about letting others know what a awesome guy you are (not you... just generally speaking)
    because of some small digital handheld mobile device which is really just a very sophisticated toy. If you 're 12... yeah, it's cool! But otherwise, NO ONE REALLY CARES anymore than the brand of underwear you're wearing.

Blackberry IS the best mobile device made but there are over 100 other companies that make mobile devices that look pretty sharp, too

Ya want attention, get your Priv in pink.
    It's just a phone, afterall!!

(in my opinion, of course.)

02-17-16 10:51 PM
    In college today someone asked me "Omg hey that's so cool and retro... Is that a sidekick?" And I'm like...."Lol...close its better its a Priv" 😅

02-17-16 11:23 PM
    First they start shivering uncontrollably until finally collapsing from the glee they've just experienced by me opening my phone. You see, they're normally accustom to seeing people type on a glass slab and become so overwhelmed at the idea of a physical keyboard when they see one that they shiver and collapse.

Posted via CB10
    anon(3732391) likes this.
    02-18-16 12:29 AM

It's usually envy of the keyboard or disgust of the keyboard. 50/50, I'd say.
    02-18-16 05:51 AM

Thanks for sharing.
    02-18-16 07:45 AM
    http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/w8wut.gif

It's usually envy of the keyboard or disgust of the keyboard. 50/50, I'd say.
    Sooo, Which half of the keyboard do you prefer??
    02-18-16 08:22 AM
    They scream and then run for their lives. :-D

No one cares about your device history.
    02-18-16 09:27 AM
    In reality people are always impressed by how the device can be used as an all touch, but then there is this hidden little secret called a physical keyboard. Nobody has ever said they don't like it, everybody I've shown it to finds it intriguing and have a positive reaction to the device. There is absolutely nothing a person could legitimately dislike about this phone without opinions and personal dislike of BlackBerry that causes their "kneejerk" reactive negativity toward the name BlackBerry, not the devices.

The only thing anybody has complained about to me is the price of the PRIV. I personally don't care about the price at all because it is a very well designed and heavily engineered piece of kit. It's high end merchandise, that's why it is more expensive. Anyways, off topic on a tangent now. So, yeah, everybody I've shown the device to actually likes the physical keyboard.
    Johnpetter and jm1219 like this.
    02-18-16 05:09 PM
    bloody friggin brilliant lol! thanks for the tip man!

Posted via Droidberry Priv 👍
    02-19-16 03:41 AM
30 12