can't figure this out - when i plug the phone into a windows pc the "USB computer connection" menu has four options: media device, camera, charging, and mount sd card. choosing "media device" brings up only the internal storage, and choosing "mount sd card" does nothing - windows does not detect a drive. anyone know how to solve this? SD card works fine internally to the phone.
    11-08-15 01:40 AM
    My PC works fine, I just copied a bunch of files.
    I picked "Mount SD card". Have to wait half a minute for the PC to install the driver (automatic). Did you see driver install failed message?

Try a different USB port, don't use a hub, also try to use the blackberry usb cable.
    gocanucks99 likes this.
    11-08-15 02:09 AM
    Also make sure on your PRIV: Click "Settings", "Storage", Click the "..." on the upper right hand corner. Click USB computer connection, make sure "Mount SD card" is checked.
    gocanucks99 likes this.
    11-08-15 02:11 AM
    Try this.

1. Go to settings > storage.

2.In the storage menu, click on the overflow icon on the top right and click on "USB computer connection '

3. In the menu, select "mount SD card"

4. Connect device to computer, drivers will be install on PC. Once installed, you can use the SD as an external drive
    gocanucks99 likes this.
    11-08-15 02:13 AM
    Many thanks for the replies. the issue turned out to be the card. even though data was being written and retrieved to the card fine, it was not showing up properly in settings/storage, in addition to not mounting on a pc. I think this may have been because it was formatted in exFat before being put into the phone. after choosing "erase SD card" it is now working properly and mounts on a PC.
    11-08-15 02:55 AM
    can't figure this out - when i plug the phone into a windows pc the "USB computer connection" menu has four options: media device, camera, charging, and mount sd card. choosing "media device" brings up only the internal storage, and choosing "mount sd card" does nothing - windows does not detect a drive. anyone know how to solve this? SD card works fine internally to the phone.
    U are missing the exfat add on.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-08-15 03:41 AM
    i had it - downloaded automatically when i put the card in. the card was working reasonably well internally, but would not mount on PC.
    11-08-15 04:01 AM