i cant find a setting to turn that off...it keeps happening even when notification volume is all the way down.
    03-24-16 03:35 PM
    What if you MUTE (Vol Down all the way) the sound? But I find that useless since you have to remember to turn sound back on for the rest of the notifications!

I think a BB rep in here mentioned it was being looked at or maybe changed.
    03-24-16 04:07 PM
    That's odd. I have never heard the screenshot sound once in all the time I have had my Passport.
    Sound all the way up or muted, there is never a sound.

Posted via CB10
    03-24-16 04:58 PM
    That's odd. I have never heard the screenshot sound once in all the time I have had my Passport.
    Sound all the way up or muted, there is never a sound.

Posted via CB10
    The OP is talking about the priv, not the passport.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    andy957 and WT44 like this.
    03-24-16 05:00 PM
    Japan and Korea have laws mandating the sound, at least that is what I've heard. Cost too much to make separate phones just for those 2 countries, so all the newer phones have a shutter sound. The bigger question is why does turning the volume down work, it shouldn't.
    Do your own research, cuz I'm only 95% sure of this.
    There have a couple of attempts by our congress in the US to adopt similar laws. That I'm 110% sure of.
    03-24-16 05:55 PM
    Japan and Korea have laws mandating the sound, at least that is what I've heard. Cost too much to make separate phones just for those 2 countries, so all the newer phones have a shutter sound. The bigger question is why does turning the volume down work, it shouldn't.
    Do your own research, cuz I'm only 95% sure of this.
    There have a couple of attempts by our congress in the US to adopt similar laws. That I'm 110% sure of.
    Why for a screenshot? I can see the whole "locker room" picture issue and privacy.

Oh, well, I guess I answered my own question. I was able to take a screenshot of the Camera App's viewfinder image.

Still the sound is obnoxious. And one could just as easily take a real point/shoot camera into a private place and take a picture discreetly.
    03-24-16 06:25 PM
    I screwed up too, I thought this was the "why can't I turn off the shutter sound on my camera" thread.
    Prob all interrelated in half a dozen or so of androids many brains.
    03-24-16 06:42 PM
    My screen shots are silent, just tried it. With all the volumes at max I get the tiniest hint of a beep in the blue tooth. Turned off the blue tooth and totally silent.
    Turned off the earpeice, I didn't actually turn phone BT off - hang on I'll try that.
    Total silence with BT off on phone.
    Now I have to figure out how to delete all these screen shots.
    03-24-16 06:53 PM
    This is interesting. If I select do not disturb the camera is silent, but the screen shot is not

Posted from my Priv
    03-24-16 07:19 PM
    https://sites.google.com/site/enforcedstreamsilencer/

Download this for silent screen shot.
    03-24-16 07:26 PM
    https://sites.google.com/site/enforcedstreamsilencer/

Download this for silent screen shot.
    Next: Silence the shutter when taking a picture!

But what is "enforced stream silencer?"
    03-24-16 09:54 PM
    Next: Silence the shutter when taking a picture!

But what is "enforced stream silencer?"
    It makes the screen shot silent lol , it is very annoying for me until I found this app ,no way we can silent the screen shot sound on priv with normal way
    03-24-16 10:00 PM
    It is disable stream sound system to 0
    Attached Thumbnails how do i stop the screenshot sound ?-1458874877197.jpg  
    03-24-16 10:01 PM
    So why the heck is mine not making any noise?
    Camera still makes it's sound.
    03-24-16 10:10 PM
    On my ATT Priv, the screen shot sound was constant, but on my VZ one, it's random if it makes a sound or not.
    03-25-16 08:19 AM
    So why the heck is mine not making any noise?
    Camera still makes it's sound.
    Because you're a troll.
    There are dozens and dozens of messages and threads about this issue on this forum and many others. Haven't met a single person who doesn't have this loud screen shot sound. It sometimes miraculously happens that it doesn't make a sound, but the next one or third one will.

Besides, your argumentation that the screen shot sound (and on BB classic OS devices also the shutter sound of the camera) could be there because of so-called privacy issues, is moot. Then tell me why only BlackBerry's have these two extremely loud "anti-perv" sounds that can't be muted no matter what setting you use??!!

There shouldn't be a need for an app to deal with this matter to start with. At least BlackBerry didn't confront us with loud camera shutter sounds that can't be muted without an app.
    03-25-16 09:02 AM
    Starting from one of the recent updates, the screenshot sound on my Priv became intermittent. Most of the time it is there but I have seen a few times it is completely silent.

03-25-16 10:18 AM
    Starting from one of the recent updates, the screenshot sound on my Priv became intermittent. Most of the time it is there but I have seen a few times it is completely silent.

I'm afraid that it has nothing to do with any recent updates as most peoples screenshot sounds have been intermittent since day 1. But yeah, when you're lucky and you don't hear it for a change then you will the second or third time you take a screen shot and then after you hear it for the first time, there's no stopping from thereon. But people saying that they don't encountered this issue at all? For sure something for America's funniest home videos.
    03-25-16 10:42 AM
    Re: Shutter sound when taking photos (besides screenshots)....

I see a number of apps but they seem to be substitute camera apps rather apps that can silence the Priv's native camera app (or is the Priv's camera app just a google app anyway?). I have not tried any of them.
    03-25-16 11:18 AM
    Because you're a troll.
    There are dozens and dozens of messages and threads about this issue on this forum and many others. Haven't met a single person who doesn't have this loud screen shot sound. It sometimes miraculously happens that it doesn't make a sound, but the next one or third one will.

Besides, your argumentation that the screen shot sound (and on BB classic OS devices also the shutter sound of the camera) could be there because of so-called privacy issues, is moot. Then tell me why only BlackBerry's have these two extremely loud "anti-perv" sounds that can't be muted no matter what setting you use??!!

There shouldn't be a need for an app to deal with this matter to start with. At least BlackBerry didn't confront us with loud camera shutter sounds that can't be muted without an app.
    No troll here, and I agree with your last sentence.
    And it's not my argument, it seems to be consensus explanation, on many other web sites and applies only to the more recent devices.
    I explicitly said "do your own research"

My screen shots used to make noise, not quite as obnoxious as the camera. But I took 5 or 6 during posting here, just playing around and not a one of them made a sound. That's not saying it won't next time I take one. I have no idea why it had the sound to start with, and no idea why it doesn't now, or rather didn't then.
    03-25-16 09:59 PM
    Re: Shutter sound when taking photos (besides screenshots)....

I see a number of apps but they seem to be substitute camera apps rather apps that can silence the Priv's native camera app (or is the Priv's camera app just a google app anyway?). I have not tried any of them.
    The stock app is actually a Blackberry app.
    Last edited by Wezard; 03-25-16 at 10:18 PM.
    FF22 likes this.
    03-25-16 10:01 PM
    BTW - Just took 2 more screen shots, for use on another thread, no sound.
    I have no explanation.
    03-25-16 10:20 PM
    Just got my blackberry passport, have had it a few days.. doesn't make a sound when taking screen shots! :-/
    10-08-16 10:37 AM
    It is disable stream sound system to 0
    Dragging you back into this!

Does this app still work? On MM?
    10-08-16 11:49 AM
    Dragging you back into this!Does this app still work? On MM?
    Nope. Not for me, anyway.
    FF22 likes this.
    10-08-16 12:35 PM
40 12