When I used an Autoloader, obviously some setting changed on my Verizonj Priv. I do NOT want Google backing up my photos and offering to share them with the world.

I thought the setting was in the Google Photo app but I don't see it. I also just looked in the Main Settings, Google and did not see it there either. I may have missed it or it may be yet in another setting somewhere.

I do not want them sharing my g-d photos or even backing them up.

Thanks in advance.

Oh, maybe I just stumbled on it when opening Photos. It is just there and not a setting???
    IndianTiwari likes this.
    11-17-16 09:34 PM
    Tap and hold the app, then slide up to the word "Disable"

The Piktures app is a decent replacement.

If you want to use photos, there is ap option to not backup in the app settings at the top.
    11-17-16 09:52 PM
    Tap and hold the app, then slide up to the word "Disable"

The Piktures app is a decent replacement.

If you want to use photos, there is ap option to not backup in the app settings at the top.
    This.

Why anyone would use Google Photos is beyond me. There are much better replacements out there who will not rape your privacy

CM QuickPic
    Piktures
    11-17-16 10:05 PM
    11-17-16 10:09 PM
    This.

Why anyone would use Google Photos is beyond me. There are much better replacements out there who will not rape your privacy

CM QuickPic
    Piktures
    because some people want them somewhere besides only on the phone. Some people might want quick access from anywhere. Some might want to share instantly with family.
    misterabrasive likes this.
    11-17-16 10:12 PM
    This.

CM QuickPic
    Piktures
    Cheetah Mobile? Come on, they own an ad company for a reason. https://adexchanger.com/mobile/cheet...-monetization/

f you ask Cheetah CMO Xinhua Liu what Cheetah is, Liu who quips that the M in his CMO title also stands for monetization will say, We are a data company.

And thats because the Cheetah gathers quite a lot of data on its users, everything from device ID, language, how often an app is being used, at what time of day its being used and when an app is uninstalled.

Some of Cheetahs own apps seem built for data collection. Take Clean Master, Cheetahs antivirus and Android optimizer. Its sole purpose is to scan all of the apps on a users phone with the goal of improving speed and performance.

We are able to know which apps a user is interested in and that allows us to precisely target advertisements to those users, said Ming.
    11-17-16 10:14 PM
    When I used an Autoloader, obviously some setting changed on my Verizonj Priv. I do NOT want Google backing up my photos and offering to share them with the world.

I thought the setting was in the Google Photo app but I don't see it. I also just looked in the Main Settings, Google and did not see it there either. I may have missed it or it may be yet in another setting somewhere.

Thanks in advance.

Oh, maybe I just stumbled on it when opening Photos. It is just there and not a setting???
    Open the app, Tap on the 3 dots up left , then tap settings then go to back up and synchronize and disable it.
    11-17-16 11:32 PM
    Thanks for this. Very helpful!
    11-18-16 12:48 AM

Thanks in advance.

It is in the Google Photos app unless you have changed or turned off something else. Top left menu, settings then the very first option. How do I stop Google from backing up my  photos?-1479469277537.jpg
    FF22 likes this.
    11-18-16 05:41 AM
    It is in the Google Photos app unless you have changed or turned off something else. Top left menu, settings then the very first option. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1479469277537.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	47.5 KB 
ID:	412446
    Howarmat provided the link. But that may explain why other stuff might have not been backed and restored. It may turn off most other data sync (other than contacts and calendar.

Kind of a vague warning. "Give us your photographs or we burn the rest of your data!!!!"

"Things to keep in mind about this setting:

Changing backup settings will affect all apps that use Back up & sync, such as Google Drive.
    If you have Back up & sync on, deleting the Google Photos app from your device will not turn it off. To turn off Back up & sync, follow the instructions above."
    IndianTiwari likes this.
    11-18-16 08:48 AM