I recently bought and installed a SD card on my Priv, as I have a memory problem due to the apps that I am using. In order to be able to move the apps to the card and run them from the card, I need to set up the card as an internal memory. But I can't find that option when installing the card.
    04-22-19 06:10 AM
    But I can't find that option when installing the card.
    Settings>Storage>Menu>Storage Settings>Format as Internal.. if I recall.
    04-22-19 01:14 PM
    "Adoptable" storage.

OP, I hope you have a very fast, premium name-brand card. Using adoptable storage is a ticking time-bomb in my opinion.
    PHughes likes this.
    04-22-19 01:26 PM
    I should have mentioned that. I have tried Settings>Storage>Menu
    But the only option I get in the Menu is "USB computer connection". I do not see the option Storage Settings.
    I do not have the phone connected to the PC when trying this.
    04-22-19 02:23 PM
    Settings>Storage>Menu>Storage Settings>Format as Internal.. if I recall.
    Confirmed as present on my device...
    Bla1ze and SusanneSvensdotter like this.
    04-22-19 04:13 PM
    You have to reformat your Sd card as Internal. At the stage when the Question comes if format as Internal or External Memory, just Tick on Internal. But frankly saying, it's a really bad Idea. I did it first ( it was a very good Brand and only 32 Gb Sd) but after an half of Year it got busted ( it was after an Update, after that the Phone lost it's Encryption/ Decryptionkey and didnt Work right anymore. I had no access to the Sd card. Even a new format didnt work anymore. I had to buy me a new Sd card. So, just think twice. Regards, Fed.
    04-23-19 03:59 PM
    I would not do it. I use app backu/restore to microSD (can also backup to Google drive) and keep very large space hogging apps uninstalled if I only use them rarely... if you uninstall them without removing data or cache, they reinstall with everything.
    SusanneSvensdotter likes this.
    04-24-19 12:49 PM
    I do not get the Question of whether I want to format as internal or external memory. The SD card just mounts.
    04-24-19 03:33 PM
    I do. But I take note of your warning.
    04-24-19 03:34 PM
    When I click on Menu, the only option that I get is "USB computer connection". Is it possible that the phone is configured as a USB card without being connected to the computer?
    04-24-19 03:37 PM