After going to the ATT store to try the Priv, I asked the sales associate lets see it charge, there was no charge meter on the side edge of the screen. I asked the associateto see if he can turn it on. He didn;t know how..
    Was it a demo Priv or something? How do you see the battery charge meter on the edge of the screen like it showed in those reviewes?

Thanks.
    (Posted in Ask a question, reposted it in the correct category, Blackberry Priv)
    11-18-15 01:39 PM
    Plug the phone in and when the screen times out the bar will show.

Posted via CB10
    11-18-15 01:44 PM
    There
    Attached Thumbnails How Do I See The Battery Edge Charging Meter on The Priv?-1447872570304.jpg  
    ProjectBrett, Sparksx and sidhuk like this.
    11-18-15 01:49 PM
    There
    Believe it or not, but those tabs were actually ON, set exactly as you have pictured there. We both waited for the screen to go black (2 minutes idle thing) and we were both just staring at the black screen until we double tapped the screen it came back on. During that time nothing showed on theedge screen, no bar, at it was like at 42% when it came back on and the battery icon flashing and lightning bolt charging. Did they have a bunk copy or something? I thought it was suppose to show a bar on the edge?
    11-18-15 01:54 PM
    Believe it or not, but those tabs were actually ON, set exactly as you have pictured there. We both waited for the screen to go black (2 minutes idle thing) and we were both just staring at the black screen until we double tapped the screen it came back on. During that time nothing showed on theedge screen, no bar, at it was like at 42% when it came back on and the battery icon flashing and lightning bolt charging. Did they have a bunk copy or something? I thought it was suppose to show a bar on the edge?
    You have to wait until the screen goes black, THEN you plug the charger in. Do NOTHING for the next 5 minutes or so and you'll see the bar showing up on the right hand side edge of the screen.... or until some bozo or email notification ruins your "sightseeing" of a battery charge because the screen would wake up again...but....... and if you still do nothing, the screen goes black again, the bar charge on the edge screen shows back up.

For example, right now mine shows 91% 10 minutes left. lol
    11-18-15 02:08 PM
    Mine doesn't work either and I have it turned on, also my screen doesn't wake when I get a notification and have that turned on also

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-18-15 02:27 PM
    Ambient display has to be turned on as well under Display
    11-18-15 02:32 PM
    No need to wait five minutes. Turn screen off, be in a well lit room, hold volume up for about five seconds.
    Skrypno and BMCruiser like this.
    11-18-15 03:29 PM
    Thanks Droidberryguy! I was wondering a better way to have it display properly.
    How Do I See The Battery Edge Charging Meter on The Priv?-img_20151118_223952.jpg

Posted via CB10
    11-18-15 10:42 PM
    I have only seen the battery bar a couple times. I wish it was present more often. Maybe it has something to do with super amoled screens burning images into them, my original ps vita had that problem.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-18-15 10:46 PM
    I found that besides having Ambient display on, Screen wakes to Lock Screen Notification needs to be on also.
    11-18-15 10:57 PM
    I found it wasn't even necessary to hold the volume up. It just needs enough ambient light in order to display. When in a low light environment, it stays off, probably so you are not disturbed by the light at night. Try shining a brightish flashlight on the screen and see what happens.
    FF22 likes this.
    03-13-17 01:02 AM
    I found it wasn't even necessary to hold the volume up. It just needs enough ambient light in order to display. When in a low light environment, it stays off, probably so you are not disturbed by the light at night. Try shining a brightish flashlight on the screen and see what happens.
    They should have an option to change that, example; the window in my room is on the opposite side of the house when the sun comes up. So there is barely enough light to trigger the battery charge indicator to come on yet, the room is still reasonably well lit.

I thought for the longest time it was broken till i learned about this little tid bit.
    03-13-17 02:00 AM
    Yup, thought mine was broken too and actually came here looking for a answer. DroidBerryGuy's post above got me thinking about ambient light so decided to test with a flashlight. Usually charge my phone during the day when there is plenty of light, but today it wasn't yet fully light when I put it on charge, so the edge didn't light up.

Maybe they will implement an override for that at some point.
    03-13-17 04:04 AM