Is there a way to reply to the notification on the top like from BBM without going into the App?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-14-15 12:09 PM
    I have not found a way so far, there is a reply option but that opens the app. These are notifications and so far it looks like Android makes them static they are one way only from the app to the OS does not seem like the OS can talk back to the app. Hopefully in newer versions of Android it might be possible.
    11-14-15 12:18 PM
    Bummer looks like we were major spoiled in BB10

11-14-15 12:21 PM
    Maybe someone else has suggestions but I don't think you can install an app to do it. There would have to be an API in the app to receive the data back to it and send out the message.
    11-14-15 12:22 PM
    Download snowball...it's an android hub that let's you reply from the slide down menu and notifications, for whatsapp, BBM, FB, etc

Posted via CB10
    11-14-15 12:28 PM
    Cool maybe some apps support that then accounts in the HUB you should be able to reply to because BlackBerry has access to them but the notification would have to come from the HUB not the system I would think. I am still learning this new Android system.
    11-14-15 12:33 PM
    The toast notifications that show now.. Those are all from the HUB are they not? If CTV news send me a notification it just pits a notification icon up
    11-14-15 12:34 PM
    The more I think about it you have to have a system that ties into all your accounts to do this. The BlackBerry OS used to tie into every account, now there is just the HUB so any accounts in there they could do the reply in the toast pop up. BlackBerry would have to keep the HUB app up to date with all third party apps though, really they are reprogramming the entire BlackBerry Message system for Android. I hope they do and bring the best feature of BB10 to Android
    11-14-15 12:45 PM
    Just tried snowball it does indeed allow you to reply from the toast but it replaces the whole notification drawer. I think the Hub should eventually be able to do this. I don't really like the look of snowball for the slide out but the instant replies work exactly like BB10.

Thanks

11-14-15 01:00 PM