No you won't lose anything
    09-12-17 12:12 AM
    No you won't lose anything
    Thanks. I didn't lose any apps or some setup but I lost customization things.

I did a 12-second reboot, restarted, then powered off and back on. (Accidentally - I thought holding it would power it off, but instead rebooted.)

Anyway, I lost all my custom ringtones for contacts and some app-specific notification sounds. I have all the custom sounds or ringtones in the "ringtones" folder, but had to redo everything anyway. What am I doing wrong? Will I have to redo customization every time I restart the phone?
    09-12-17 10:46 AM

I did a 12-second reboot, restarted, then powered off and back on. (Accidentally - I thought holding it would power it off, but instead rebooted.)

Anyway, I lost all my custom ringtones for contacts and some app-specific notification sounds. I have all the custom sounds or ringtones in the "ringtones" folder, but had to redo everything anyway. What am I doing wrong? Will I have to redo customization every time I restart the phone?
    If you do the 32 second reboot by holding down the power button until the phone vibrates, then no. You will not lose anything.
    09-12-17 06:48 PM
    No sure what part of IT you are in. But as someone who worked in IT for over 20 years, my understanding of hard reset is temporary disconnect the power source....verus then soft reset where you will do it from the SW side. Example will be the Physical reset button on a PC verus then doing reboot/reset using the OS.

Posted via the CrackBerry App on Priv
    You are correct. That's how the terms originated :

Hard reset= hardware initiated (battery pull, physically remove from power).

Soft reset= Software initiated (OS or software initiated, procedural shut down with automatic restart or manual software controlled shutdown with manual start up.
    09-13-17 12:02 AM

Do you have your ringtones in the internal memory or on the SD card? Need to be internal.
    09-14-17 07:46 PM
    Do you have your ringtones in the internal memory or on the SD card? Need to be internal.
    They are in the internal memory "ringtones" folder.
    09-15-17 08:54 AM
    brings back memories of my old software days when applications were on floppy disk. with Lotus 123 you could copy the application to your hard disk by entering - 'copy Hard-' or 'copy On'. commands. Tech support guy told me he had a user who couldn't get it to work, when he asked user what they were typing they responded with 'Hard On'. ..... I'll say no more than the user was very embarrassed
    09-15-17 10:14 AM
    i've done scores of 32 second reboots. it does not affect apps or customizations. It is like the apple a dsy thst keeps the doctor away - good for much of what ails your Priv.

The key is to press the power button down and keep it held down fór 32 consecutive seconds. It will whir and the Blackberry name and logo will come on and off, bu just keep holding the power button down. I give it an extra 2-3 seconds just to be sure I did not count too fast.

then release the power button and your Priv will reboot all nice and clean. For some reason, this seems to fix 90% or more of the bugaboos or gremlins with the Priv.
    09-19-17 12:42 AM

Will I lose all my customization if I do a 32 second reboot?
    No you will not. It is like a battery pull. I do it periodically.
    09-19-17 02:12 PM
34 12