When I delete an email or txt etc from my HUB, are they deleted from my phone or just sent to a hidden bin file?
    If they are still in existence somewhere, how do I purge them completely from my PRIV?
    04-03-18 05:19 AM
    If they are still in existence somewhere, how do I purge them completely from my PRIV?
    Depends on settings. In HUB go to Settings/General settings and find the entry "Delete on" just before "Swipe Gesture Actions". It says how items will be deleted. In my case it is HUB and Server which removes email/message from both locations...
    04-03-18 07:11 AM
    Thank you for your feedback.

At this time it says HUB only, which I presume means that it is not wiped from the phone cache/archives/bin or whatever.
    If I switch to "Hub & Server", will that lead to my emails et al being deleted from the entire phone or will it lead to emails et al being deleted from my service providers server as well?
    You might remember that this was a problem with, I think, the Blackberry 10 when first came out. If one deleted an email from phone then it was gone & couldn't be downloaded to laptop because RIM, in their infinite wisdom, thought it was a advanced idea.
    04-03-18 08:11 AM
    "Hub and Server" will delete message from local device and provider server. Deleted message will probably land in the inbox bin and depending how long emails will be kept there there is some time you can recover those messages from the bin. It does that for me for some of my email accounts... Blackberry kept local and remote inbox in sync. Deleting something locally also removed all copies of the same message. I believe Microsoft Exchange works the same way... So it looks like designed functionality of the system...
    04-03-18 09:22 AM
    if you do hub only it will just delete from hub and stay in your internet inbox, like outlook. if you delete on both it will send to deleted items folder and( including in outlook) which you can access from hub or outlook and delete from there. everything is going on in the server, not some holding tank on the phone itself
    04-05-18 10:59 PM