I'm pretty sure that in order to license Android, the manufacturer must include a whole bunch of pretty weak google apps, like the stock SMS app and what ever the google picture gallery app is.
    In other words, don't blame BlackBerry for most of the mediocre apps. The calculator app, I think we can blame BB.
    Textra and Yatta are both solid texting apps that do integrate with the hub, there are others, but those 2 seem to be the favored. Piktures does have editing built in, nothing fancy but the basic stuff is there.
    -- Don't forget to disable whatever stock apps you replace.
    05-28-17 08:10 AM
    I dumped the calculator that came with the Priv in favor of 'Calculator Converter' in the App Store. The icon is similar to the BB 10 app.
    05-28-17 09:06 AM
    Get textra. I tried a couple of others but it is really well designed. Once you customize it, it's pretty good and integrates with hub.

And I got the paid version so I don't have to fool w ads.
    05-28-17 09:52 AM
    I'm pretty sure that in order to license Android, the manufacturer must include a whole bunch of pretty weak google apps, like the stock SMS app and what ever the google picture gallery app is.
    In other words, don't blame BlackBerry for most of the mediocre apps. The calculator app, I think we can blame BB.
    Textra and Yatta are both solid texting apps that do integrate with the hub, there are others, but those 2 seem to be the favored. Piktures does have editing built in, nothing fancy but the basic stuff is there.
    -- Don't forget to disable whatever stock apps you replace.
    I liked yaata but I had to stop using it because it wouldn't send video for me.
    05-28-17 11:07 AM
    See reply below for contact card info. For the calculator, while on the calculator screen, turn the phone over into landscape mode. Several more functions then show. Hope that helps.
    Although it doesn't have what he's looking for, you don't need to turn to landscape mode for the other functions. Just slide from the right edge in portrait mode for those functions.
    05-28-17 09:31 PM
    Seriously?? Can I really not just attach a contact card to a message on the Priv like i could on my Z10???
    I have had my Priv for about a month. I love about 98% of it, but the 2% is just ridiculously frustrating. I share your pain, and I am not one of those people that's going to tell you to just get over it. I struggle with why people encourage other to accept mediocrity, and the giant backward steps from BB10. Anyway . . .

sending contact cards is not a problem through the native BB contacts app. (make sure you have the latest update from the end of August.) Just select the contact, choose the three dots and the vcf card attaches.

Receiving them, however . . . again, I am stunned that not only is this not solved, but there's no answer anywhere. The Verizon SMS app appears to work, but I have AT&T and also didn't really like the Verizon app. I don't have any use for Textra or Yaata or Pulse or any of the others. They didn't really offer anything the SMS didn't for me.

But, there is a work around. (And, I can receive fine from some phones, but certain iPhones, I get a "couldn't load contact card" message.) For those, press and hold the "couldn't load" message. At the top of the screen chose the -> to forward it. Enter your own email that you linked on your Priv and forward it to yourself. Download it from there.

Yes, I know that's goofy, but it works and you don't have to add yet another app. And, since after much searching, I couldn't find a solution to the problem, I am posting this here for anyone else who struggles with this STUPID shortcoming. (Imagine, sharing contact information, a most BASIC business tool doesn't work with the phone out of the box!)

Oh, also, make sure your phone number + email is in your address book so it doesn't show up as spam. When iPhones first came out, there was some kind of provision for them to allow them to texts via email on phone numbers or something. Anyway, every cell phone number also has an email associated with it, so mine is [email protected]. A lot of people I talk to don't know that. (Not sure of the tech reason, but that's what I understand.)
    09-03-17 01:48 PM
31 12