Seriously?? Can I really not just attach a contact card to a message on the Priv like i could on my Z10???
    Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.
    I am so sick of trial-and-erroring half-azzed ad-laden android apps (file managers, photo managers, task managers) just to get this thing to function as a useful business tool. Maybe I'm missing something, but now it appears I need an app for something as basic as sending or receiving a contact card?!? Isn't sharing contact information the most basic of business practices?

Why anyone who actually used a Z10 for more than a week for conducting business would ever bash it in favour of android is completely beyond me.

Blackberry Maps (GPS) gone in favour of G Drive (not even remotely as sensitive I'm finding and full of ads), and the calculator is terrible........no unit conversion tool? Really?? The Z10 one was so nice and simple but super useful for everyday stuff. By the time I locate and open the native Priv one and key in what i need, I could have done most of it's functions long-hand on paper.

So as an aside, if anyone knows a way to bring a simple BB10 app (like the calculator) over to my Priv, that would be phenominal.
    05-18-17 09:08 AM
    Hello to share contacts on PRIV, go to contacts, open contact you want to share, select 3 dots top right, select share. You will be given all the different apps you can share. Works great.
    Good luck
    bluesqueen23 likes this.
    05-18-17 10:29 AM
    Seriously?? Can I really not just attach a contact card to a message on the Priv like i could on my Z10???
    Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.
    I am so sick of trial-and-erroring half-azzed ad-laden android apps (file managers, photo managers, task managers) just to get this thing to function as a useful business tool. Maybe I'm missing something, but now it appears I need an app for something as basic as sending or receiving a contact card?!? Isn't sharing contact information the most basic of business practices?

Why anyone who actually used a Z10 for more than a week for conducting business would ever bash it in favour of android is completely beyond me.

Blackberry Maps (GPS) gone in favour of G Drive (not even remotely as sensitive I'm finding and full of ads), and the calculator is terrible........no unit conversion tool? Really?? The Z10 one was so nice and simple but super useful for everyday stuff. By the time I locate and open the native Priv one and key in what i need, I could have done most of it's functions long-hand on paper.

So as an aside, if anyone knows a way to bring a simple BB10 app (like the calculator) over to my Priv, that would be phenominal.
    See reply below for contact card info. For the calculator, while on the calculator screen, turn the phone over into landscape mode. Several more functions then show. Hope that helps.
    05-18-17 10:33 AM
    Hello to share contacts on PRIV, go to contacts, open contact you want to share, select 3 dots top right, select share. You will be given all the different apps you can share. Works great.
    Good luck
    Sure, got that part. But what about starting from a text? You know, the intuitive way. Where's the paperclip icon that then let's me search what I want to attach?

All I seem to have is a "+" option beside the message box that opens camera, pictures, emoticons, immediate voice note, and location. What about contacts and files? Are you telling me I can't do this from the message itself and have to go through the backdoor first???
    05-18-17 12:41 PM
    Thanks for the calculator tip (flipping sideways), but there's still no conversion tool that I see.
    My windows calculator even does that.
    misterabrasive likes this.
    05-18-17 12:44 PM
    Thanks for the calculator tip (flipping sideways), but there's still no conversion tool that I see.
    My windows calculator even does that.
    The calculator is definitely weak compared to the one in BB10.
    05-18-17 01:31 PM
    Sure, got that part. But what about starting from a text? You know, the intuitive way. Where's the paperclip icon that then let's me search what I want to attach?

All I seem to have is a "+" option beside the message box that opens camera, pictures, emoticons, immediate voice note, and location. What about contacts and files? Are you telling me I can't do this from the message itself and have to go through the backdoor first???
    What messaging app are you using? If you are using the native one that came on the phone, it is limited. Since it is so limited, the good thing about android is there are plenty more that are far better and easier to use.

I use Pulse. I can text people from a tablet, phone or my computer. It has the paper clip so you can easily add a contact. I think some use yaata and textra.
    05-18-17 01:43 PM
    Does it blend into hub nicely? Or am I now using a separate interface just for sms with that.....
    05-18-17 02:03 PM
    Dude, why on earth would you ever want to deal with VCFs ? You need to chill and install FB and watch sports and movies on your Priv. Soon you will forget all that tech & business stuff. Get with the program and just do what Google/Android wants you to !
    FF22 and Wezard like this.
    05-18-17 04:06 PM

On the Verizon message + app I use, if you hit the plus sign there's an option with 3 dots that's says more. Touch that and the contact card is the first option. Other apps may different but that's how mine works
    FF22 likes this.
    05-18-17 04:22 PM
    Dude, why on earth would you ever want to deal with VCFs ? You need to chill and install FB and watch sports and movies on your Priv. Soon you will forget all that tech & business stuff. Get with the program and just do what Google/Android wants you to !
    And if "all that tech and business stuff" wasn't how my bills got paid, I would be happy to forget it all.
    Until that day however, do you have anything helpful to add?
    05-18-17 08:23 PM
    On the Verizon message + app I use, if you hit the plus sign there's an option with 3 dots that's says more. Touch that and the contact card is the first option. Other apps may different but that's how mine works
    No 3 dots in the native message app. I guess ultimately I just have to get a solid messenger outside the native app in order for it to actually be functional ....... totally asinine by the way. Who designs message software that can't handle file attachments??? I have a phone to make things more efficient, not the opposite.

Seems like the Priv is about a decade behind what BB10 was.
    05-18-17 08:40 PM
    No 3 dots in the native message app. I guess ultimately I just have to get a solid messenger outside the native app in order for it to actually be functional ....... totally asinine by the way. Who designs message software that can't handle file attachments??? I have a phone to make things more efficient, not the opposite.

Seems like the Priv is about a decade behind what BB10 was.
    Oh my lord, download a third party messaging app, there are tons of them. I too came from the BB10, I too liked it, a lot, but now I use the Priv and have it working well, for communication. That's all I really use my phone for, and the Priv is now better for that than my BB10 device was. Learn it, and modify it for your needs. One thing Android has going for it is the ability to customize with different apps, you don't have to use what came with the phone.

If you take time and learn it, you will be much happier.
    05-18-17 08:49 PM
    Oh my lord, download a third party messaging app, there are tons of them. I too came from the BB10, I too liked it, a lot, but now I use the Priv and have it working well, for communication. That's all I really use my phone for, and the Priv is now better for that than my BB10 device was. Learn it, and modify it for your needs. One thing Android has going for it is the ability to customize with different apps, you don't have to use what came with the phone.

If you take time and learn it, you will be much happier.
    Okay great. So then because I barely have time to scratch my own ***, let alone spend hours trial-and-erroring apps that should be basic native software, can you suggest one app that has all the basic and intuitive functions........ without slamming the user with ads?
    If I gotta pay for it, fine.
    05-18-17 09:04 PM
    Okay great. So then because I barely have time to scratch my own ***, let alone spend hours trial-and-erroring apps that should be basic native software, can you suggest one app that has all the basic and intuitive functions........ without slamming the user with ads?
    You seem to have plenty of time to complain and get angry at people trying to help you.

Seriously, I never found it time consuming to send a contact via the share function in the contact app, but Textra does it from within the messaging app.

Sorry you're having a hard time, but posting angrily won't help much, and it certainly won't get you a lot of people wanting to help you.

Have a nice night.
    05-18-17 09:09 PM
    You seem to have plenty of time to complain and get angry at people trying to help you.

Seriously, I never found it time consuming to send a contact via the share function in the contact app, but Textra does it from within the messaging app.

Sorry you're having a hard time, but posting angrily won't help much, and it certainly won't get you a lot of people wanting to help you.

Have a nice night.
    Textra...... cool. Thanks for the suggestion. Now, is that app going to integrate with hub? Or is it going to be a separate interface for sms?

Not angry by the way, a bit frustrated that I ditched a seamless device yes, but not angry. And maybe somewhat dumbfounded by the developers of the Priv software.
    Came here searching for precise functional solutions other post-BB10 users have discovered. I'll surely share any tidbit I figure out.
    Vague advice to go shopping or forget about it isn't really helpful to anyone.
    05-18-17 09:55 PM
    Textra...... cool. Thanks for the suggestion. Now, is that app going to integrate with hub? Or is it going to be a separate interface for sms?

Not angry by the way, a bit frustrated that I ditched a seamless device yes, but not angry. And maybe somewhat dumbfounded by the developers of the Priv software.
    Came here searching for precise functional solutions other post-BB10 users have discovered. I'll surely share any tidbit I figure out.
    Yeah, it is frustrating, but you will be able to get things set up so you can work they way you want.

Textra does integrate with the Hub. I haven't used it extensively, since I used the included messenger app, but I have it now. It actually works better in the Hub than most apps, when you click on a message, it opens a popup in the Hub itself, instead of going to the App.

There are other messaging apps, but I haven't personally tried them.

Keep in mind, BlackBerry didn't create most of the included apps, the Messenger app is Google. Blackberry hardened the OS, but left it basically stock Android after that'd.

Good luck. With some work and customization, you should be happy with it. I prefer BB10 as well, but it just became too limiting unfortunately. If you want a device that is bad for communications, try the clunky way iOS handles attachments, pure hell.
    05-18-17 10:02 PM
    Textra...... cool. Thanks for the suggestion. Now, is that app going to integrate with hub? Or is it going to be a separate interface for sms about it isn't really helpful to anyone.
    Oh, and for photos, I use Piktures. For the calculator I have Multi Calculator. I paid for it. It works well, but there are plenty out there. https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...jee.calc&hl=en
    05-18-17 10:08 PM
    I've messed with iOS on my kids' stuff. What Apple did to nail down that much business market share is pure magic and a complete head-scratch at the same time. I could barely get past their virtual keyboard........ brutally unresponsive and inaccurate. Same with a Galaxy I had for no longer than a week.
    Thanks for the other direct suggestions. I'll give them a go.
    Cheers
    PHughes likes this.
    05-18-17 10:19 PM
    I've messed with iOS on my kids' stuff. What Apple did to nail down that much business market share is pure magic and a complete head-scratch at the same time. I could barely get past their virtual keyboard........ brutally unresponsive and inaccurate. Same with a Galaxy I had for no longer than a week.
    Thanks for the other direct suggestions. I'll give them a go.
    Cheers
    Anytime. I hope you find something that works for you.
    Cheers
    05-18-17 10:44 PM

Textra for sure is your answer for sending contacts issue. As far as calculator, I know i have downloaded multiple free graphing calculators, Desmos being my favorite. Not sure if it has what you need, but I'm sure it's out there.

I know change is frustrating, but it's just a different philosophy. Bb10 was focused on giving you a phone and you were required to like and use it as is, and if you don't, you had to back Android apps or find a new OS. Android gives the basics, but encourages you to download apps that suit your needs.

Right or wrong, easier or harder, fact is that the two platforms that work this way, Android and iOS have succeeded. The two that didn't, BB and Windows, didn't.
    05-19-17 06:53 AM
    And if "all that tech and business stuff" wasn't how my bills got paid, I would be happy to forget it all.
    Until that day however, do you have anything helpful to add?
    My bad for torquing you. I was being sarcastic. Imagine a system for which it is so hard to exchange contact cards ! I do have Verizon and the tip below your original post works for me. Again, I apologize !
    newcollector likes this.
    05-19-17 02:53 PM
    If the Verizon message + app is available to you it really is a pretty good. I got rid of the stock Google one on the first day. I don't know if Verizon makes that app available to non customers or not
    05-19-17 04:26 PM
    If the Verizon message + app is available to you it really is a pretty good. I got rid of the stock Google one on the first day. I don't know if Verizon makes that app available to non customers or not
    I did install Message+ on my ShopBB which had a tmobile sim card.
    05-19-17 05:54 PM
    Was just checking out Piktures for a photo manager (absolutely hate the idea of google having their mitts in all my business). Thanks for the reference to that.
    Does it have any integrated editing features?
    05-27-17 05:33 PM
31 12