Any ideas?

Posted on CB10 using my Z30 STA 100-5 on OS 10.3.2.2639
    09-28-15 06:30 PM
    First, get a Priv.

I expect BlackBerry will have a method by then for migrating data from a BB10 device to the Priv.

So, you have a couple of months. In that time, you can also export you PW keeper data, if you wish. Settings > Export Passwords. You can turn off encryption to allow importing into another cross platform password vault. (I used LastPass.)
    gqmovement and 00stryder like this.
    09-28-15 06:39 PM
    First thing you will have to do is get a Priv.
    Second thing would be to "Export Passwords" to a file or to a cloud like "The Box"
    Third thing would be to import them passwords into the Priv...... umm once you actually get one.
    09-28-15 06:40 PM
    You guys saying I am worrying prematurely?! Ha ha.

09-28-15 06:45 PM
    You guys saying I am worrying prematurely?! Ha ha.

Maybe, just a little.
    09-28-15 06:46 PM
    Can't you just backup the passwords to your SD card and then import on the Priv?

Posted via CB10
    09-28-15 07:18 PM
    Can't you just backup the passwords to your SD card and then import on the Priv?

Posted via CB10
    Assuming there is compatible software on the other end (Priv).

09-28-15 08:15 PM
    I've switched platforms more than once, so I know that problem of getting all your data to another device.
    For passwords I'm using a KeePass 2 database, which is not only platform independent but also much more secure than this BlackBerry Password Keeper Stuff.
    Yeah, you have to type in every single password in this new database once again since I don't know any way to sync this BB Stuff over to KeePass, but I definitely think that it's worth it.

With KeePass you're able to see your passwords on literally every device - on your BlackBerry, most other smartphones, PCs with Windows, Mac, Linux, BSD and I bet any other unix-alikes..

I don't know a better solution for this problem. Maybe - and hopefully - BlackBerry will build a good app to sync your BB10 data to Android. But if this isn't going to happen just take a little time to inform yourself about KeePass. I just can recommend it.

Posted via CB10
    09-28-15 11:26 PM
    I've switched platforms more than once, so I know that problem of getting all your data to another device.
    For passwords I'm using a KeePass 2 database, which is not only platform independent but also much more secure than this BlackBerry Password Keeper Stuff.
    Yeah, you have to type in every single password in this new database once again since I don't know any way to sync this BB Stuff over to KeePass, but I definitely think that it's worth it.

With KeePass you're able to see your passwords on literally every device - on your BlackBerry, most other smartphones, PCs with Windows, Mac, Linux, BSD and I bet any other unix-alikes..

I don't know a better solution for this problem. Maybe - and hopefully - BlackBerry will build a good app to sync your BB10 data to Android. But if this isn't going to happen just take a little time to inform yourself about KeePass. I just can recommend it.

Posted via CB10
    What makes it more secure than BlackBerry Password Keeper?

09-28-15 11:33 PM
    Both applications encrypt their database with the Advanced Encryption Standard algorithm. I can't find which length the key of the BlackBerry database has, but it's likely not more than a AES-256bit key. At this point both ways, BlackBerry Password Keeper and KeePass are on the same security level since KeePass also uses a 256bit long AES key.

But with KeePass your additionally able to have a key file next to your password, which is needed to decrypt your database. This key file could be literally any file on your device, but it may be a file on a SD-card or an USB device.
    Your only able to see your passwords if you know your master password for the database AND you're able to redirect the KeePass application to this one special key file.

It's just another security layer on top of the standard way which both applications use.

To be honest, AES-256 keys are pretty secure. For today's standards I think it's 'enough'. But in security concerns you shouldn't be comfortable with 'enough'.

I hope my explanations are clear enough to understand. English isn't my native language.

If interested here's the wikipedia article regarding KeePass -> https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/KeePass

Posted via CB10
    09-29-15 08:05 AM
    Any ideas?

1. Sync passwords in Password Keeper with BlackBerry Cloud (2 way).
    2. On the new mobile, add dummy entry in Password Keeper.
    3. All prior saved passwords will be returned to new mobile. Now, delete dummy record.

Works all the time.

 Curve 8520 ~> skipped OS6 ~> skipped OS7 ~>  Z3 (STJ100-1 / 10.3.2.2639)
    Zeratul57 and anon(9186565) like this.
    10-04-15 12:47 PM
    1. Sync passwords in Password Keeper with BlackBerry Cloud (2 way).
    2. On the new mobile, add dummy entry in Password Keeper.
    3. All prior saved passwords will be returned to new mobile. Now, delete dummy record.

Works all the time.

 Curve 8520 ~> skipped OS6 ~> skipped OS7 ~>  Z3 (STJ100-1 / 10.3.2.2639)
    You are assuming that Password Keeper will be on the Priv.
    10-05-15 12:43 PM
    You are assuming that Password Keeper will be on the Priv.
    And you're assuming that anyone who can truthfully answer your question will answer it here and now.
    It's listed here under the security suite.

Until they make an official announcement, you only have rumours.
    You can still export the database as a .csv file if you select an encrypted export.
    10-05-15 01:41 PM