I currently own a Blackberry Priv where I use BBM. I'm about to switch devices (I'm switching to an Android phone), and I was just wondering if it would even be possible to log in with the same BBID on the new device and whether my contacts, groups, and chat histories would sync up on the new device.

Thanks!
    10-21-18 03:33 PM
    Your contacts and groups will re-sync but your open and active chats will be gone. You can save them if they're that important under Me>Auto Save Your Chat History
    10-22-18 11:36 AM
    How do restore the chats on a new phone once you have once you have saved them from a previous phone?
    10-23-18 07:48 AM
    Same question here on an Android KEYone. I had my BBM set to saving chats automatically, so how do I restore these saved chats?
    11-11-18 07:48 PM
    Same question here on an Android KEYone. I had my BBM set to saving chats automatically, so how do I restore these saved chats?
    You can't restore private chats - only contacts, and some group stuff.
    11-11-18 07:52 PM
    https://help.bbm.com/en/support/solu...6-chat-history clearly says "If you do not choose to automatically save your chat history, You cannot restore chats that are lost when you migrate devices, reinstall BBM, or log out. You can turn on the feature to save your chat history by doing the following......"

So if you DO save your chat history, this official BBM for Android website seems to imply that you CAN restore chats that are lost when you migrate devices, reinstall BBM, or log out. What else would it mean by saving the chat history?
    11-11-18 07:54 PM
    https://help.bbm.com/en/support/solu...6-chat-history clearly says "If you do not choose to automatically save your chat history, You cannot restore chats that are lost when you migrate devices, reinstall BBM, or log out. You can turn on the feature to save your chat history by doing the following......"

So if you DO save your chat history, this official BBM for Android website seems to imply that you CAN restore chats that are lost when you migrate devices, reinstall BBM, or log out. What else would it mean by saving the chat history?
    Saving chats simply allows you to archive them.
    11-11-18 08:25 PM