Hello,
    I went from the Passport to the Priv and the only reason I did was because I wanted some apps that were not available on the Passport. Garmin, Polar, Hub, etc.
    However, I was quite savvy with the Passport and I'm kind of lost with the droid. I think I will be pretty happy once I figure it out but I have the following questions:

1. How do you get Voice Mail notifications? I used to just see that as an item in the Hub and it worked great but now I don't see it. What is your favorite app or process to make sure it is immediately evident you missed a call and have a voice mail?

2. When will BB Blend be available? I sure liked that feature.

Regards,
    Guerllamo7
    11-17-15 09:55 AM
    It doesn't appear in the hub. I got a text from my provider Bell Canada and got a notification at the top. Best way is to try and leave a message yourself and see.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-17-15 10:09 AM
    I had to switch out my voicemail value pack. I was using the Passport with Rogers value pack for BlackBerry which was provisioned for visual voicemail. I've now switched over to the android value pack which offers a different way for visual voicemail to come through. Voicemail notifications now come through as a text notification and the voicemail is transcribed to a text file.

вιaсĸвεггч� ᕵяiv (STV100-3 Rogers Wireless)via CB for Android 5.1.1
    11-17-15 10:18 AM
    I currently have a ticket in with AT&T as I do not get visual voicemail at the moment, either. For now, you have to rely upon the voicemail icon at the top of the screen and dial in manually. On AT&T, I can just press and hold the 1 key and it dials my mailbox. Still have to enter my password each time though.

I have an unlocked Priv and it would be interesting to hear from someone with an AT&T Priv to see if it all works correctly for them.

11-17-15 10:32 AM
    I currently have a ticket in with AT&T as I do not get visual voicemail at the moment, either. For now, you have to rely upon the voicemail icon at the top of the screen and dial in manually. On AT&T, I can just press and hold the 1 key and it dials my mailbox. Still have to enter my password each time though.

I have an unlocked Priv and it would be interesting to hear from someone with an AT&T Priv to see if it all works correctly for them.

With T-Mobile you need their visual voice-mail app. Is there an AT&T visual voice-mail app?

11-17-15 10:39 AM
    I have an AT&T Priv. It does have AT&T Visual Voicemail app, but I have not messed around around with it. On my phone, when there is a VM waiting, I get an icon in the upper left hand corner.

How do I get voice mail notifications?-screenshot_2015-11-17-11-00-24-1-.jpg
    11-17-15 11:04 AM
    I have an AT&T Priv. It does have AT&T Visual Voicemail app, but I have not messed around around with it. On my phone, when there is a VM waiting, I get an icon in the upper left hand corner.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2015-11-17-11-00-24[1].jpg 
Views:	192 
Size:	54.6 KB 
ID:	380992
    Could you give the VVM app a try and report back for us?

There is an app on the Passport but none on the Priv; there is a "Call Voicemail" app though.

Kurt
    11-17-15 11:42 AM
    Could you give the VVM app a try and report back for us?

There is an app on the Passport but none on the Priv; there is a "Call Voicemail" app though.

Kurt
    Will do.
    11-17-15 12:09 PM
    You can use Google Voice (GV) for free visual voicemail. For Verizon you need to forward your voicemail to your Google number, but for most GSM carriers you can select an option in Android settings to have GV handle your voicemail. GV transcribes all voicemails so it's really nice. I used to use GV when I was on a Android.
    11-17-15 12:16 PM
    So I've only messed with the ATT visual voicemail. Here are some pics. I've verified with ATT that this or the Voicemail to Text have no additional fees. I haven't tested the voicemail to text yet, but so far the app is a big step up to the plane jane Call Voicemail app I've been using.

How do I get voice mail notifications?-screenshot_2015-11-17-13-23-17.jpgHow do I get voice mail notifications?-screenshot_2015-11-17-20-29-20.jpgHow do I get voice mail notifications?-screenshot_2015-11-17-13-25-37.jpgHow do I get voice mail notifications?-screenshot_2015-11-17-13-22-32.jpg
    11-17-15 07:50 PM
    Ah, thanks. My open ticket with AT&T still has not been resolved but will keep everyone posted. Thanks for confirming that it works on their phones though.

Kurt

By the way, I installed the AT&T visual voicemail app just to see and, of course, it does not work.
    Last edited by kfehling; 11-17-15 at 07:59 PM. Reason: Added some info.
    11-17-15 07:56 PM
    I have the opposite issue. I am using ATT Visual voicemail on my Priv and it works great. Now, I need to stop/disable the regular voicemail notification as it duplicates the one from the Visual voicemail app. Anyone know how to do that? Thank you!
    11-18-15 10:44 AM
    On my two previous Android phones (Nexus 5, Blue Studio), I used Google Voice for my phone's voicemail. It worked really well, providing a visual log of VMs, as well as a Google-transcribed text transcript of the messages. It was often incorrectly transcribed, but in hilarious ways. To change this setting, you first set up a Google Voice number (free), download the app, then go into Phone -> Settings -> Call Settings, then change Voicemail from "Carrier" to "Google Voice." It worked great...in the past.

I definitely recommend Google Voice...it's worth it, if you can get through the battle on the Priv to get it working.

Now on the Priv (and apparently on the new Nexus devices, 5X and 6P), it doesn't work. You get a number of errors about not being able to set call forwarding, and to contact your carrier. After some struggles, I was able to finally get it to work yesterday. You basically have to contact the carrier and asked them to set your forwarding to the Google Voice number whenever a call goes unanswered. It's sort of a workaround, but seems a good solution.
    11-18-15 11:17 AM
    So I called AT&T back today to check on the status of my open ticket regarding no LTE or Visual Voicemail. The first dunderhead in tech support I spoke to argued with me that AT&T does support the Priv let alone sell it. Seriously! You should be fired. Hung up and called again. The next guy was super helpful and recognized the issue. I asked if we could try the IMEI from my previous unlocked Passport that worked fine on their system and he thought that was worth trying. I shut off wifi, turned off the phone while he did that. Turned it back on and after about five minutes, the Priv finally popped up with LTE AND Visual Voicemail. Both problems solved with the old IMEI from my Passport. The AT&T rep said that their system was seeing the Priv's real IMEI as a non GSM phone so it was not allowing it to get LTE.

Lesson: Get AT&T to get a proper IMEI number in there for you and hopefully all of these issue will be solved. Good luck everyone.

Kurt
    11-18-15 12:46 PM
    I just got off the phone with AT&T and my visual voicemail is now working on my unlocked Priv

Step one is to download the AT&T Visual Voicemail app from Google Play...duh, but such a strange concept to me when it was just there on my BlackBerry(s)!

They kept sending me instructions on how to activate VVM on a BlackBerry. It took a while for them to understand that yes, it shows up as a BlackBerry in your system but it is an android OS. They wound up resetting my voicemail, I had to reboot, download the app and run through set-up and now all is working as it should. So there is hope if you've got an unlocked Priv! (Still waiting for LTE to kick in but they swear it will. If not by tomorrow I will try the different IMEI route...)

ETA: LTE is now working. Woo Hoo... only took a two hour chat with AT&T to get it all straight (and I did have my SIM card in an AT&T Priv prior to putting it in the unlocked one, but they did enter the IMEI for unlocked device), but I have to say they were very nice in spite of being sadly uninformed about a new device. :-)
    11-18-15 01:38 PM
    This is the ATT visual voice mail with the voice-mail to text featured enabled. That is actually word for word what was in the voice-mail(the "hey its on" was my pop telling my mom that the voice-mail was in...lol)
    Attached Thumbnails How do I get voice mail notifications?-1447891218833.jpg  
    11-18-15 06:01 PM