I keep running out of storage space on my Priv/I went through and deleted a bunch of photos and videos...but now when I delete something, it says the Trash is full, so whatever I'm deleting will be deleted permanently. Which is fine, but where is this trash folder/how do I empty it?? I've tried turning it off/on/rebooting all that basic kind of stuff.
    06-01-16 02:37 PM
    I ran into this as well. Here is the solution I found by fiddling around with this. If the default manager is being used (the one that looks like a pinwheel) click on it and your photos will appear. To find the trash folder: click on the 3 horizontal lines at the top left and the drop down should have a folder that says trash. If you click on that you will find deleted photos for the last 60 days. Open it and there is a memo says they will be deleted permanently after 60 days. However, you can click on the individual pics and they will open. If you then click on the 3 dots on the right side then a drop down will give the options to delete or restore. for photos you want to delete click "Permanently delete" and then you get a memo to confirm that you want to delete, or you can cancel. If you click on "delete" then it is GONE. I emptied out several videos I had deleted that were still in the trash folder plus a number of other pictures. Voila--now I have room in my trash.
    What app are you using? Which File Manager or app?
    06-02-16 10:39 AM
    I'm not sure I entirely understand the question (I am fairly illiterate when it comes to technology) - it's not just in a particular app - it's the phone storage/trash as a whole, according to the pop-up message.
    06-02-16 02:57 PM
    Have you cleared the cached data and individual app cache? For the system cache go to settings, then down to storage and USB, tap on it, look down where is says cached data, tap on it, it will ask if you want to clear all, tap OK.
    For individual apps, again under settings, go to apps (just above the storage and USB), tap on it, start at the top of the list and tap on it (when you do this it opens up the app info) tap on storage and clear cache. Careful NOT to do clear data as it will reset your app, meaning all your settings and that will be deleted) hope this helps

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    06-02-16 03:33 PM
    Thanks for your reply! I tried clearing the cache and still no dice. It still says the device trash is full :/
    06-05-16 12:58 PM
    I'm not aware of a concept of a "trash" on Priv.
    In both the Camera app and the Photos app, when I delete files, they are gone for good.
    If you are using some other app to delete files, it is possible that this "trash" concept is implemented there. (like a file manager app of some sort).
    06-06-16 02:01 PM
    Thanks for your reply! I tried clearing the cache and still no dice. It still says the device trash is full :/
    If you are still getting that pop-up message, take a screen shot when it appears and post it so we can see exactly what it's doing. It will be easier to help you if we can see the issue.
    06-06-16 02:16 PM
    I ran into this as well. Here is the solution I found by fiddling around with this. If the default manager is being used (the one that looks like a pinwheel) click on it and your photos will appear. To find the trash folder: click on the 3 horizontal lines at the top left and the drop down should have a folder that says trash. If you click on that you will find deleted photos for the last 60 days. Open it and there is a memo says they will be deleted permanently after 60 days. However, you can click on the individual pics and they will open. If you then click on the 3 dots on the right side then a drop down will give the options to delete or restore. for photos you want to delete click "Permanently delete" and then you get a memo to confirm that you want to delete, or you can cancel. If you click on "delete" then it is GONE. I emptied out several videos I had deleted that were still in the trash folder plus a number of other pictures. Voila--now I have room in my trash.
    Last edited by Sigewif; 06-06-16 at 02:39 PM. Reason: Clarifying (hopefully) the instructions
    06-06-16 02:31 PM
    Adding to the above post, I was not able to permanently delete more than one photo or video at a time. Maybe someone knows how to do that. Seems as though it is set up so you can make sure you want to delete them. (As long as there is room in the folder) I have restored a few when going through the file.
    06-06-16 02:59 PM
    Adding to the above post, I was not able to permanently delete more than one photo or video at a time. Maybe someone knows how to do that. Seems as though it is set up so you can make sure you want to delete them. (As long as there is room in the folder) I have restored a few when going through the file.
    OK, now I found how all the items in trash can be emptied out at once without having to do each photo individually. When in the trash folder, there are 3 dots at the right. Click on them and then the option appears to "select items" or "empty trash." If you choose the "select items" option, you can pick and choose what you want to delete. A memo will appear that it is permanent if you delete them. If you choose the option "empty trash" you get the memo that it will permanently remove everything in trash at once. I looked through what I had in my trash and rescued a few then emptied the trash. After emptying the trash I then re-booted my Priv. This last step is good to do. I was still getting intermittent memos like before. I guess that rebooting helps clear out residual data or resets it after things are permanently deleted. After rebooting all is now well. I have Marshmallow with the latest updates so I do not know if every option is is the same for those still using Lollypop.
    06-14-16 03:00 AM
    I'm sorry, but what manager with pinwheel are you referring to?
    08-18-16 12:33 PM
    I'm sorry, but what manager with pinwheel are you referring to?
    Google photo app

BlackBerry PRIV STV100-1 6.0.1
    Classic SQC100-1/10.3.2.2876
    Acchaladka likes this.
    08-18-16 01:47 PM
    On mine it's the icon with "Photos" below it
    07-09-17 11:57 AM
    So did someone find the solution fro this cuz I can't figure it out from the instructions from sigewif
    10-06-17 11:22 AM
    Didn't know there was a trash can in photos. Nice tip. Took 30seconds for all my trash to clear
    I use a file manager and another app for photos so never use the Google photo app..
    Cheers
    10-07-17 09:34 PM
    It's the Photos app. Just press the 3 line on the upper left side, then it will show you the entire menu. Look for the trash. Under the trash, look for the 3 dots on the upper right corner. It will give you option to delete the all in your trash.
    10-10-17 08:35 AM