Every time I turn on my screen I get a pop-up notification to check for networks so I can get WiFi Calling. This happens when there are no WiFi access points a round and when WiFi is turned off. It makes me want to throw my phone across the room!

I would like to use WiFi Calling, but if someone can't figure out how to connect to WiFi on their own they should be beaten. I don't need to be told 100 times a day.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    01-25-16 07:11 AM
    This has to be in the settings of the voip phone you are using. I have nettalk and Skype but neither do this
    01-25-16 07:54 AM
    Turn off wifi calling in both general and phone app settings.

01-25-16 08:02 AM
    Turn off wifi calling in both general and phone app settings.

Then I can't use WiFi Calling.

I have changed it to Cellular preferred for now just to get rid of the stupid notification. I'd like to use the WiFi network preferred setting and not have to open the phone app, settings, select WiFi Calling, and check a new box every time I want to toggle WFC.

01-25-16 08:05 AM
    Do you have that stupid notification on that "recommends" close by wifi networks? If so try turning that off.

01-25-16 09:26 AM
    Do you have that stupid notification on that "recommends" close by wifi networks? If so try turning that off.

I have that disabled. I can't find any way to disable the notification except changing the preferred call network or disabling it entirely.

01-25-16 09:28 AM
    I have that disabled. I can't find any way to disable the notification except changing the preferred call network or disabling it entirely.

So annoying

01-25-16 11:22 AM
    Good to hear someone else is having an issue with this as it's ANNOYING as #*@!?@#!!!

I will try to notify BlackBerry as to setting up an option for this as I am currently testing Mushroom for them on Mt Priv (T-Mobile).

So annoying

05-13-16 03:01 PM
    Did anyone figure out how to get this fixed? It's literally driving me insane! I have an unlocked factory BlackBerry Priv and use T-Mobile USA network. I constantly have that stupid phone icon with red asterisk and when you look at it in the notifications tray all it say is "calls will be made over wifi, Tap here to access preferences". Wonderful I'm glad calls will be made over Wi-Fi because that's exactly what I have it setup to do in my settings. Why in the world does this need to tell me this in perpetuity!!!??? This is obviously a glitch that needs to be patched.
    05-18-16 08:37 AM