Hi all. The contacts on my Priv are constantly changing /deleting/duplicating. I correct them and after a while I find a number missing or the contact info for some people is gone or changed. First, where do I find the contact data? I use File Commander and can't find contact data either on the device or on the SD card. Second, I'd like to copy all of the contracts from my desktop Mac to the SD card externally, then put it back into the phone, hoping that they won't change from then on. It's easy enough to do with music files, just copy and paste to the music folder on the card, but I can't find the folder where the contact data is kept. Any suggestions or tips?
    10-24-16 01:52 PM
    Is there a "merge contacts" option in contacts that may be switched on?

There are probably "contact manager" apps that can do what you need.

Sorry, I'm on BB10 and use "Max Contact Manager".

A quick search on google's play store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....contactbackup

But I would do some research first.

Developer:
    "This Great Utility app developed at NEXG ESPL, helps you Backup your contacts data as well as email on your SD Card. A copy of backup will be sent to your desired Email ID. You Can Delete All the duplicate contacts from the phone-book. This App is totally thread based, thereby increasing performance and avoids ANR(Application not responding messages). Now forget about data loss on mobile loss or mobile change."
    10-24-16 02:07 PM
    Hi all. The contacts on my Priv are constantly changing /deleting/duplicating. I correct them and after a while I find a number missing or the contact info for some people is gone or changed. First, where do I find the contact data? I use File Commander and can't find contact data either on the device or on the SD card. Second, I'd like to copy all of the contracts from my desktop Mac to the SD card externally, then put it back into the phone, hoping that they won't change from then on. It's easy enough to do with music files, just copy and paste to the music folder on the card, but I can't find the folder where the contact data is kept. Any suggestions or tips?
    The Contacts, Calendar, etc are most likely stored in some kind of Internal Database that is not exactly a file which we have access to. If you synch to Google or other, you might be able to Export in comma delimited or some other format, paw through that for cleanup and then import them back.
    10-24-16 04:00 PM
    Thanks for the replies. Love the Priv and would never change it for anything else. Being able to use it on android makes it more flexible but BB10 is still the best OS out there! If I could load it on the Priv, I would for what I want a phone to do!
    coffee-turtle likes this.
    10-25-16 10:10 AM
    I wish you could have the old,old memo app, that spell check , the dictionary spell check that capitalized names, the simple contacts that did NOT pull in names from emails or notes on email /just simple contacts from the Torch 9800 . I have tried to eliminate language input on PRIV because it even changes clients name spellings. I had to enter those in the dictionary but on TEXT app it re-spells them wrong again.Also the cursor will be placed to insert a missing letter and it hops up a line--I slowed the cursor speed/same deal. But please just give me contact names not 30 contact names pulled from all places they occurred or were mentioned just a one name search ! Frustrating

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    FF22 likes this.
    11-03-16 04:59 AM