Might be a huge noob question here, but I want to change my notifications so I know what type of message I'm receiving. Thought I had seen it somewhere when setting up my Priv initially, but cannot find it now.
    Found the "HowTo" advice straight from BB but it either doesn't apply or the instructions are so vague they're kinda irrelevant. Going into the individual apps for example........BBM does not have an option that I can find, and there doesn't seem to be a separate app for each of sms and email. There's one called "messages" for sms it apprears, but then where is the native email one and it's settings for this?

Appreciate some help. Cheers all.
    07-02-17 09:01 AM
    I really would like to help you, but forgive me for asking for a bit of clarity to access your situation.

Am I correct in thinking you don't want to use the Hub, that you prefer to keep your various email accounts and communications separate?

And when you say you want to change your notifications, so you know what type you are receiving, are you talking about tones, LED colors or some set up with the Notification shade?
    07-02-17 09:22 AM
    Might be a huge noob question here, but I want to change my notifications so I know what type of message I'm receiving. Thought I had seen it somewhere when setting up my Priv initially, but cannot find it now.
    Found the "HowTo" advice straight from BB but it either doesn't apply or the instructions are so vague they're kinda irrelevant. Going into the individual apps for example........BBM does not have an option that I can find, and there doesn't seem to be a separate app for each of sms and email. There's one called "messages" for sms it apprears, but then where is the native email one and it's settings for this?

Appreciate some help. Cheers all.
    To change BBM notifications, open BBM, and go to the "Me" tab at far right (the head & shoulders). Below, tap on Notifications, Notifications on the next page, then Tone. FYI, you can also change the LED colour on that page.

For the stock SMS Messages app, open the app, tap the 3-dots at top left, and select Settings > Notification sound.

For Hub email, open the Hub and tap the 3 lines at top right, the select settings. Tap on the email account you want to change, and scroll down for Notification settings.

*Some have reported issues with a custom tone not being maintained after a reboot when the tone is on the mSD card. Storing a copy on internal storage seems to work fine though.
    FF22 likes this.
    07-03-17 04:23 PM