Love my PRIV- but no software came with it to install on my PC for back-ups. Now I have a new update for the PRIV...it recommends backing up the device- but I have no way to do it. Miss the BB software of Link and Blend where this was a snap! Not an Android User previously, so please offer the Apps I should consider.
    04-12-16 09:16 AM
    There is a backup option in Settings. I've never had to restore so don't know how effective it is!
    It works just fine. I had to replace my Priv after a stupid accident. The backup restored all apps and settings properly.

BTW, Microsoft's "SyncToy" works great for incremental backups from mSD card to PC. Depending on how you set the options, it will copy, delete, or rename as required.

Download SyncToy 2.1 from Official Microsoft Download Center
    Yes, that is an issue. There's a few threads on it. One is called something like "using an autoloader, how to back up"

In the main, I manually backup photos, docs and music and other unique data. I use Win Explorer and drag/drop/copy to my computer. In the main, my music and videos came from the computer so they already have a permanent place on my computer and need little re-backing up. Similarly, any photos from my own collections exist on the computer. So, I backup photos taken by the Priv and I generally do that as I take them at the end of a day or hiking trip.

My Calendar and Contacts are in the google cloud (which means privacy suffers but a tradeoff).

Apps, well, you can download them again. But their settings are a different story. There is a backup option in Settings. I've never had to restore so don't know how effective it is!

Others will chime in with more help, I suspect.
    Sigewif and MapleLane like this.
    04-12-16 09:54 AM
    There is a backup option in Settings. I've never had to restore so don't know how effective it is!
    It works just fine. I had to replace my Priv after a stupid accident. The backup restored all apps and settings properly.

BTW, Microsoft's "SyncToy" works great for incremental backups from mSD card to PC. Depending on how you set the options, it will copy, delete, or rename as required.

MapleLane likes this.
    04-12-16 02:05 PM

Thanks for the info , I had the same question .
    04-13-16 01:07 PM