I'm having a heck of a time with my new Priv and notifications. With my Z10 I only had notification for calls and texts. Social media and email are too often to be getting notified audibly for me. With the Priv I'm getting notifications for every little Facebook post, invite, group I'm in, etc. The only way I've been able to stop this is to turn off notifications completely. I'd like to still see the notifications visibly on the device under notifications but I don't want to hear them. Anyone find a good way of doing this?
    12-31-15 12:27 PM
    Hi
    Look under: Settings > Sounds & Notification
    Scroll down. You'll find something called App Notifications. Choose that.

There you can select notification needs at the App level.

I have mine set to only receive audible/LED Text and Phone with various LED colors. All other notifications are quiet or LED visual only. With only one exception: the double or triple LED blink available through Powertools, I'm able to get the same customization on Priv that I had to pay for an app on Blackberry.
    12-31-15 12:47 PM
    I find that you have to go into the settings of each app and then set up the options for its notifications, kind of a pain, this is one area where bb10 is definitely more efficient.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    12-31-15 01:40 PM
    I find that you have to go into the settings of each app and then set up the options for its notifications, kind of a pain, this is one area where bb10 is definitely more efficient.

Settings > Notifications > Profile > Customize App Notifications > Choose App

To be clear, BB10 is less efficient.
    12-31-15 01:54 PM
    Settings > Notifications > Profile > Customize App Notifications > Choose App

To be clear, BB10 is less efficient.
    There is no "profile" option, unless I'm missing something here.

01-01-16 12:10 PM
    As irweezy said, on Android, notifications are best handled on a per-app basis. So, which app is annoying you? Facebook? Then open Facebook, go to its settings, and customize the notifications for Facebook to your liking. What's next? Texting? Go into your preferred texting app (I use Textra), go into its settings, and customize its notifications to your liking. Etc etc.

It gives you more fine control.
    I can see the downside of convenience and efficiency not being there, though, especially compared to how BlackBerry famously handles notifications. Each solution has its ups and downs.
    01-01-16 12:16 PM
    There are apps that provide audio profiles functionality. Just do a search for Audio Profile and you'll find a bunch. In fact, IIRC, there's one actually called Audio Profiles. That way you can switch off all your unimportant apps with the tap of a button instead of having to go through each app.
    01-01-16 01:48 PM
    I'm having a heck of a time with my new Priv and notifications. With my Z10 I only had notification for calls and texts. Social media and email are too often to be getting notified audibly for me. With the Priv I'm getting notifications for every little Facebook post, invite, group I'm in, etc. The only way I've been able to stop this is to turn off notifications completely. I'd like to still see the notifications visibly on the device under notifications but I don't want to hear them. Anyone find a good way of doing this?
    I was having a similar issue. What I did was disable notification for the App in the general settings menu. Then in the hub setting I enabled the LED notification but set the sound to silent.

01-01-16 06:42 PM
    Agreed. I have read a lot of help on this topic, as well as this thread, and some apps are quite challenging to fix. LinkedIn continues to buzz at me -- there is no option to just turn off sound but leave message notifications. It comes through the Hub, so I thought that might be the answer, but it is not. Going to have to turn off all notifications there I guess, which is not what I want.

Not intuitive, despite the additional control cited by others.
    03-13-17 02:12 PM