How can I disable the side volume buttons on my BlackBerry PRIV (Android/Verizon) so it doesn't keep changing settings when I have the screen locked? It's driving me nuts --- HELP!!!
    09-07-16 03:57 PM
    I've been using Sound Profile (Corcanoe). While it doesn't disable the keys, it will automatically reset to your preferred profile, including sound level, if they get adjusted accidentally.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for
    BlackBerry Priv
    09-07-16 04:07 PM
    Thank you, very much, hbelkin! I first bought the Pro 'key' and after not being able to find/use it, I emailed the developer. He emailed back telling me to get the app. So, I got the free app and it seems to involve quite a bit of aggravation (or, in my case, confusion) to accomplish my goal = The reason I want the app is to basically override the side volume keys on my BlackBerry PRIV which I can�t otherwise disable from changing volumes when my screen is locked (I can�t have my phone ringing or making noise in Church, Court, etc.). He hasn't got back to me about my questions, below.

Do you have a 'quickie' way for me to accomplish this??? Another big problem for me is how to deal with the many times when I will want to mute or otherwise change my volume (usually the phone ringer) outside of the 'profile' times or whatever I need to set up? I appreciate your time and help!!! BTW, this was your "777 Posts" tedbratton ( email: [email protected] )

PS: Another concern is that the app requires every permission and even allowing 'cookies' -- which I, quite reluctantly, agreed to.
    09-08-16 11:28 AM
    I figured out enough to determine that the suggested app doesn't work for me; interferes with many other apps (e.g., Bible, BlackBerry side screen battery charging bar; Gmail stopped ...); and, I uninstalled it.

Thus, my question/issue/problem remains: How can i disable the side volume buttons on my Android BlackBerry PRIV?
    09-09-16 04:52 PM
    You can't. Not really.

But there is another solution. Everytime you have to go somewhere or do something, enter it on your calendar.

The blackberry calendar will silence the phone whenever there is a "meeting"

That should help.

Or you know, remember to turn it down each time, takes two seconds to check.

Posted via a Priv on an 6.0 Mushroom
    09-09-16 05:53 PM
    09-10-16 08:02 PM