Hi ...

As newbie in terms of BB Priv, I have a desperate issue to resolve:
    I use music streaming from my phone and play music onto a big stereo during classes as a fitness instructor. A simple jack/mini-jack cord between the two units does the job, and I can control volume from the stereo rather than the phone.
    I've done this for ages and never had problems with my previous HTC, my previous iPhone, Ipod touch... etc.

But when I use my newly acquired Blackberry Priv, it comes up with a notification in the lower right corner of the screen of either Earphones or Headphones Connected. This stops the music. I can sometimes re-start the music, but the notification keeps re-occuring at irregular intervals and stops the music again every time!.

At first, I found a factory installed app for earphones. I disabled this app, but this only meant that one type of notification has been replaced by another. It does not happen, when I plug in my earphones - only when I plug in the music stereo.

Any help as to how I can disable this notification ?
    It is a huge interruption when working as a fitness instructor and even the most tolerant of my customers are getting pretty annoyed with it !

I really need help with fixing this !

Hoping for helpful responses ;-)

FirstFeed
    03-14-16 03:05 AM
    It's the notification that wants to open an app? I know when I plug in my headphones I get a prompt to launch Tidal, but I set it to do so. Usually I just swipe the notification away and keep it pushing.

I did notice that when I plug into my car and play via aux cord I get interrupted by Google a lot and it's annoying.

Two suggestions maybe they can help you.

1. Make sure notification are on silent or set to do not disturb during your fitness class.

2. Try making sure the voice recognition is configured to shut up most of the time. Settings--language and input--voice input then hit the settings next to Enhanced Google Services

Speech output should be set to hands free and make sure "OK Google" is only activated through the app.

Maybe this will help.

Typed or swiped from my BlackBerry Priv
    03-14-16 11:24 AM
    In addition to the good suggestions of iTora, you can try a newer cable as well. The notification should only happen once so it might be an indication that the cable is faulty or its lineout type is not supported by the PRIV.
    03-17-16 10:08 AM
    Is there a way to turn this off completely? I set it to launch Poweramp when I plug my headphones in because I didn't see a do nothing option.
    03-17-16 10:54 AM
    No, not that I can see. Hopefully at some point that will be an option
    03-17-16 11:19 AM