I have an AT&T Branded Priv, factory unlocked and bought via DailySteals site, and operating on the AT&T network.
    A few hours ago, received the AAH505 Build/6Nov16 Security patch.
    I had previously (several months ago) requested to join the Beta Testing program group, but was not admitted, as the enrollment had closed.
    I think that the update I downloaded today was not from AT&T, but rather the Beta release from BB.
    Is this possible?
    Does anyone know how I might determine whether this Priv has been recently admitted to the Beta Testing program?
    Any insight would be appreciated.
    11-09-16 01:17 PM
    If you were accepted into the Beta program, you would have received an email welcoming you and instructing you how to make a few tweaks on your device. Sorry.
    11-09-16 01:19 PM
    I have an AT&T Branded Priv, factory unlocked and bought via DailySteals site, and operating on the AT&T network.
    A few hours ago, received the AAH505 Build/6Nov16 Security patch.
    I had previously (several months ago) requested to join the Beta Testing program group, but was not admitted, as the enrollment had closed.
    I think that the update I downloaded today was not from AT&T, but rather the Beta release from BB.
    Is this possible?
    Does anyone know how I might determine whether this Priv has been recently admitted to the Beta Testing program?
    Any insight would be appreciated.
    Updates to the unlocked Privs are now done through BlackBerry rather than the AT&T. I read that AT&T would be handling the updates for unlocked Privs running on their network but since you bought it factory unlocked it looks like it's BlackBerry handling the updates. Beta zone membership is unfortunately still closed.
    11-09-16 02:56 PM
    Thanks for the feedback.
    I thought that BB advertised that they were starting to provide updates for the unlocked AT&T branded units that were running a non-AT&T sim card only. Maybe this is proof that BB is providing updates to all factory unlocked Privs, regardless of whether running on AT&T or another network/sim card.
    11-09-16 03:49 PM
    Thanks for the feedback.
    I thought that BB advertised that they were starting to provide updates for the unlocked AT&T branded units that were running a non-AT&T sim card only. Maybe this is proof that BB is providing updates to all factory unlocked Privs, regardless of whether running on AT&T or another network/sim card.
    Which is how it should be. I think it's stupid to have an unlocked phone (irrespective of it being AT&T unlocked) have updated run by the carrier.
    11-09-16 03:57 PM