A website I use for facilities trouble calls at work has a 2 mbyte limit on attaching pix files, yet most pix I take via Priv are more like 3-5 mbyte. Is there a setting to compress the jpg file for a given pix in Google Photos? I'd prefer to take the pix at full resolution and compress them only for a particular website.
    12-06-17 03:09 PM
    Sometimes have used Google photos where I do an edit and then save at a lower size. Good luck
    12-08-17 04:05 AM
    OK, so you use Google photos to save at a lower resolution-great. How do I find that setting (I claim I've looked)?
    12-08-17 11:22 AM
    Google does the compressing... if you select to save on Google high quality, they tally against your allotment... select lower quality & not counted and unlimited...
    12-08-17 03:39 PM
    try emailing them to yourself from your device. that's what I do when I have pics I need to attach or put into a spreadsheet because I run into that file size limit also sometimes. when I hit send it gives me 4 options to reduce the files sizes (original, large, medium, small)
    hamilgs likes this.
    12-10-17 03:42 PM
    JPEG is a already a compressed file format but you can reduce file sizes further with more compression by using an app like Photo & Picture Resizer from the Play Store.
    hamilgs likes this.
    12-10-17 05:42 PM
    A website I use for facilities trouble calls at work has a 2 mbyte limit on attaching pix files, yet most pix I take via Priv are more like 3-5 mbyte. Is there a setting to compress the jpg file for a given pix in Google Photos? I'd prefer to take the pix at full resolution and compress them only for a particular website.
    Not using Google Photos directly. You need to email to yourself and then select to reduce the file size, or use another App.
    hamilgs likes this.
    12-10-17 06:04 PM
    Thanks Event! Glad to know I wasn't entirely brain dead, as I couldn't find the "compress this pix" setting in Photos-because its not there.
    12-11-17 10:02 AM
    I use "Piktures" rather than the stock Google picture album, lots of us do, it's way better. If you email from the Piktures app, it will bring up an option screen allowing you to remove GPS co-ords, and choose Full Size, Full HD (1920x1080), HD (1820x720) or VGA (640x480). Each option indicates the file size for that picture(s).
    If I chose a pic directly from compose in the hub, I can click on the 3 dot menu and get similar downsize options, but no option to remove GPS co-ords. Not sure if this is due to the Piktures app. While composing, try the 3 dot menu and chose resize image. It may work with the stock app.
    hamilgs likes this.
    12-12-17 05:31 AM