I absolutely detest any vibration notification, and have vibration turned off everywhere on my Priv I have found. Aside from the annoying noise this makes, it also decreases battery life.

Most apps have their own notification settings; however, one app I use and need is the ring.com app. This app does not have its own notification settings, and I've already brought this to the developer's attention to correct asap.

This app chimes and vibrates when it receives a new notification (new motion). I don't mind the chimes at all (I need the chimes), but I just can't get rid of the vibration it makes at the same time.

Yes, I already have vibration turned off in Sounds and Notifications, but it appears this app is overriding the phone's setting. Only thing I can do is shut off all sounds and notifications on my phone, but then I miss calls and text messages.

Am I missing a Priv setting to completely disable vibration for EVERYTHING? I hope someone can help! TIA
    04-01-17 06:21 AM
    I absolutely detest any vibration notification, and have vibration turned off everywhere on my Priv I have found. Aside from the annoying noise this makes, it also decreases battery life.

Most apps have their own notification settings; however, one app I use and need is the ring.com app. This app does not have its own notification settings, and I've already brought this to the developer's attention to correct asap.

This app chimes and vibrates when it receives a new notification (new motion). I don't mind the chimes at all (I need the chimes), but I just can't get rid of the vibration it makes at the same time.

Yes, I already have vibration turned off in Sounds and Notifications, but it appears this app is overriding the phone's setting. Only thing I can do is shut off all sounds and notifications on my phone, but then I miss calls and text messages.

Am I missing a Priv setting to completely disable vibration for EVERYTHING? I hope someone can help! TIA
    Have you gone into Sounds/Notification and check "App Notifications" and seen if that app (and others) can be controlled from there. Android can be a pain figuring out where to control sounds, vibrations and led colors.
    04-01-17 09:43 AM
    There was a guy recently whose vibration motor died and was looking for a replacement. Sell yours to him and problem solved for both of you.

The developer of your app needs to provide options for configuring notifications and disabling vibration. I don't believe there is any other way.
    04-01-17 12:10 PM
    Have you gone into Sounds/Notification and check "App Notifications" and seen if that app (and others) can be controlled from there. Android can be a pain figuring out where to control sounds, vibrations and led colors.
    YUP, I did that other day when I had them on the phone. I made a screen shot what was back there, and weird, but every other app shows up the same way!

How to completely disable Priv vibration-ring-app-notifications.png
    04-01-17 01:59 PM
    There was a guy recently whose vibration motor died and was looking for a replacement. Sell yours to him and problem solved for both of you.

The developer of your app needs to provide options for configuring notifications and disabling vibration. I don't believe there is any other way.
    Awwww....I'd just give mine to him just to get rid of this thing! lmao Maybe I should just let mine run constantly so it'll die a quicker death! hahahaha

I'm still staying hopeful someone will know how to disable the vibration, but in the meantime, I have to wait for the developer to update the app. I've already voiced my concern, very nicely!
    04-01-17 02:15 PM
    Awwww....I'd just give mine to him just to get rid of this thing! lmao Maybe I should just let mine run constantly so it'll die a quicker death! hahahaha

I'm still staying hopeful someone will know how to disable the vibration, but in the meantime, I have to wait for the developer to update the app. I've already voiced my concern, very nicely!
    I went on a hunt through my device settings and app setting for you but I couldn't find a setting that allows notifications but disables vibrations.

The best thing would be to message the Developer (which I see you did) and ask for an update. 😃
    04-01-17 02:33 PM
    I'm not a big fan of the vibration notifications either. I know my LinkedIn App does this as well when I receive a notification and there is no ability to turn it off.
    04-01-17 03:05 PM
    I went on a hunt through my device settings and app setting for you but I couldn't find a setting that allows notifications but disables vibrations.

The best thing would be to message the Developer (which I see you did) and ask for an update.
    Matty, thanks so much for taking the time to see if you could find anything....I really appreciate it! Nothing for me to do about this except wait!
    Matty likes this.
    04-01-17 03:05 PM
    I'm not a big fan of the vibration notifications either. I know my LinkedIn App does this as well when I receive a notification and there is no ability to turn it off.
    ugghhhhh....maybe they need to update their app too!
    04-01-17 06:08 PM
    Lol I'm sitting here laughing because I hate chimes most of the time and prefer the vibrate notification
    FF22 and MsBree like this.
    04-01-17 06:11 PM
    Lol I'm sitting here laughing because I hate chimes most of the time and prefer the vibrate notification
    Haha that is pretty funny. Notifications on android and its Apps could definitely use some improvement. I thought this was something that was coming with Android N or O...
    MsBree likes this.
    04-01-17 08:20 PM