I've had my priv for about 3 weeks now, and in the last week (maybe following the latest updates, I'm not sure), the phone would restart randomly.

It's happened while opening an email on the hub, starting a facebook video, opening reddit on chrome - all mundane things and (i think) not intensive.

What's interesting is that after it restarts, if I tap on "recent apps (ie square button)" all the apps that were previously open before the restart.

Anybody experience something similar, and has found a solution?
    12-17-15 07:11 PM
    No restarts here sounds like a bad app to me. Look at the apps you have installed and remove one by one to see which is causing issue. I always do a daily reboot on my priv to keep it running fresh daily.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    12-17-15 07:13 PM
    I haven't installed anything new in the past 2 weeks - I guess at this point I'm debating doing a factory reset, or going mouse-app-hunting.

Annoying though lol
    12-17-15 07:16 PM
    There were lots of people who had problems with the Passport SE doing this - I was one of them. An app shouldn't cause your device to reboot, and most certainly not the Hub! I agree with the factory reset approach, then if that doesn't fix it I'd go back to BlackBerry (or your provider) for a replacement. Be quick though - diagnose this within 30 days and you should be able to demand a replacement, otherwise it's back to BlackBerry for a repair (and wait). With my Passport SE I was beyond 30 days but got an advance replacement by giving them my credit card details and they reserve an amount in case you don't send the faulty one back.
    12-17-15 08:32 PM
    I've had my priv for about 3 weeks now, and in the last week (maybe following the latest updates, I'm not sure), the phone would restart randomly.

It's happened while opening an email on the hub, starting a facebook video, opening reddit on chrome - all mundane things and (i think) not intensive.

What's interesting is that after it restarts, if I tap on "recent apps (ie square button)" all the apps that were previously open before the restart.

Anybody experience something similar, and has found a solution?
    Nope, been very stable for me. Restarts on android really dont happen very often. I've seen this only once and that device had a bad memory chip. I would factory reset and if the issue appears again, RMA it.
    12-18-15 12:28 AM
    No restarts here sounds like a bad app to me. Look at the apps you have installed and remove one by one to see which is causing issue. I always do a daily reboot on my priv to keep it running fresh daily.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    How do you reboot the Priv? I know about going through settings and restarting that way, but when I had a Sony Xperia I could press a tiny red button under one of the flaps if the phone became unresponsive. Is there a way to do this on the Priv? It's quite important because Android can freeze sometimes and without the removable battery you need something like that otherwise you have to wait for the battery to deplete fully just to reboot the device.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639 O2 UK
    12-18-15 01:45 AM
    How do you reboot the Priv?

Holding down the power button is a "hard restart"; will work regardless of whether the software is frozen or not.

As for my initial problem, I'll try a factory reset on the weekend if it persists; I really don't want to RMA as this is already a replaced unit (the first one had a broken volume up button out of the box)
    12-18-15 02:06 AM
    How do you reboot the Priv? I know about going through settings and restarting that way, but when I had a Sony Xperia I could press a tiny red button under one of the flaps if the phone became unresponsive. Is there a way to do this on the Priv? It's quite important because Android can freeze sometimes and without the removable battery you need something like that otherwise you have to wait for the battery to deplete fully just to reboot the device.

Long press on power button for power and restart? And longer press if phone is frozen for power off eventually without the menu to chose power off/restart

Posted via CB10
    12-18-15 03:18 AM
    Thanks Steff and inv4zn

01-05-16 12:03 PM
    If working normally, 12 second power key press will perform a soft reset of the system
    If a 12 second press does not work then user should press and hold the power key for 32 seconds
    12 second press is not guaranteed to fix any stuck state problem as it may not even be enabled at the point the system is stuck
    24 second press will fix most problems but not certain stuck state problems
    32 second press will fix any stuck state problem
    This is equivalent to a battery pull
    01-06-16 04:08 PM
    Just so you know, that's supposed to be like that. If you restart your phone with apps open in the background, they reopen when you reboot (they'll be in the background/multitasking menu).
    01-06-16 04:32 PM
    I had this issue in the past 2 days and it was happening whenever i'd plug earphones in and it would turn off and restart so what i did was i disabled the google play music app and installed a third party music app called Apollo and now my phone works as it should, sounds stupid but give it a try.
    09-12-17 03:27 PM
    Periodically clear your cache.
    09-15-17 08:16 PM
    I'm embarrassed to admit the cause of some random restarts on my Priv a few weeks ago... but I'll fess up in the hope it might help someone else out there. I moved my dashboard bracket (in landscape mode), and the new location allowed the power button to quietly brush against a high spot on the dash whenever the car hit a bump just right. I didn't figure out the cause for a couple of very frustrating days. Sometimes the simplest solution is the correct one.
    FF22 likes this.
    09-16-17 01:29 AM
    @inv4zn same issue for about 2 weeks. I have my Priv STV100-4 (Orange France) since february 2016 and never had any issue like that before. The starting point seems to match the last security patch that I've received very late (september 25th).
    It happens whenever i'm using the phone, typing a message, or Chrome, ... or not using it. Suddenly the phone restarts itself. It used to happen after reaching 20% battery left, and after the reboot battery was only about 5%. But now it can happen even with 50% left, restart with 15% or less !!
    I've made a Factory reset last week, didn't install any third party apps, but it didn't solve anything, issue reappeared a few hours later.
    Last week-end I used the autoloader (strange thing, I thought it would flash Android 6.0.1 back to original 5.0 but it didn't, and september security patch was there too !), no issue for about 24h, but finaly the issue reappeared.

Don't know if the issue is due to the battery, or memory, or something else.
    10-12-17 07:33 AM
    Axxis: I have the same problem! Random reboots and after the reboot the battery percentage is significantly lower. Were you able to fix it? I think that the battery could be faulty. But the market for Priv batteries is pretty much empty. I can't find a new replacement battery.
    If you could fix this problem please let me know how.
    -pac

Posted via CB10
    11-10-17 02:37 AM
    Hi, I didn't fixe this issue, my PRIV has been replaced under operator's waranty.
    But I strongly suspect a battery failure on the old one.
    11-10-17 03:57 AM
    2019 and almost 2020 here and I have the same issue.
    Restart with no warning..
    God I hate android...
    12-27-19 09:11 AM
    2019 and almost 2020 here and I have the same issue.
    Restart with no warning..
    God I hate android...
    That's like saying you hate your cereal when it's actually the spoon that's uncomfortable lol
    12-27-19 05:23 PM
    That's like saying you hate your cereal when it's actually the spoon that's uncomfortable lol
    Could be.
    No other os restarted by itself with no prior notice.
    12-28-19 03:07 AM
    I think the issue is app related.
    Like updates etc
    01-25-20 01:00 AM
    Could be.
    No other os restarted by itself with no prior notice.
    Well, with Windows for example, the "prior notice" is usually just a BSOD. Not sure that's really better - often I'd rather have the computer just restart instead of waiting for me to press reset....
    01-29-20 03:40 PM