Hi

Please help on how to set default email in the hub.

I have several email. I want to set a default email so when I share via email it will be using the default email I like.

Thanks in advance..

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    12-26-15 07:25 AM
    OK, this one took me a bit to figure out.......and it's not a good answer.

Seems to be an overlooked oops by BBRY.

If you change the order of the email accounts in the HUB settings, it does NOT follow thru to the OS and apps or the like.

After MANY trials, I found out that the OS remembers what order you create the email accounts and uses this as the selection list.

The only way to fix this is to delete all accounts and recreate them in order of importance to you.

I did, and now Google pics remembers what default addy I want for sending pics and files.

I hope, BBRY fixes this in an upcoming update. It's rather annoying and defeats the point of HUB ordering.

Hope that helps.

Posted via Priv
    STV100-3
    bluetroll likes this.
    12-26-15 11:33 AM
    Unable to find how to change the default mail account which is used in short cuts
    It is just going with the account I set up first
    01-19-16 11:22 AM
    Unable to find how to change the default mail account which is used in short cuts
    It is just going with the account I set up first
    I merged this with an existing thread, which has yet to be answered by a BB employee?
    01-19-16 11:39 AM
    OK, this one took me a bit to figure out.......and it's not a good answer.

Seems to be an overlooked oops by BBRY.

If you change the order of the email accounts in the HUB settings, it does NOT follow thru to the OS and apps or the like.

After MANY trials, I found out that the OS remembers what order you create the email accounts and uses this as the selection list.

The only way to fix this is to delete all accounts and recreate them in order of importance to you.

I did, and now Google pics remembers what default addy I want for sending pics and files.

I hope, BBRY fixes this in an upcoming update. It's rather annoying and defeats the point of HUB ordering.

Hope that helps.

Posted via Priv
    STV100-3
    Wow that's annoying, thank you. I'll give it a while then consider that
    01-19-16 12:06 PM
    Whatever email account you enter first in hub will be default is correct. It may prompt you to set up your Gmail account first but if not the one you want press "other" then go from there.
    Mine is an Outlook email so went with other first. Works great now. Enter accounts in priority

Posted via the my Priv
    01-19-16 02:24 PM
    I've found you don't (necessarily) have to delete ALL accounts. Only those that you added before your preferred default account.
    andy957 likes this.
    04-13-16 01:03 AM
    I've found you don't (necessarily) have to delete ALL accounts. Only those that you added before your preferred default account.
    Correct, I delete my outlook account and now it is the default for sending email
    04-13-16 01:05 AM
    Remember that the Hub and the OS are two different things. For OS/Google purposes, your initial Gmail will always be your default. For the Hub, I find that that same Gmail sets as the default if you let the Hub auto add it when setting up the Hub. I assume you could reject the offer to add that account to Hub, set up the account you want to have as default, then set up your Gmail (if you want).

Serious oopsy by BlackBerry.

04-13-16 06:28 AM
    Is there any acknowledge of our BlackBerry guys, that there's no way atm to change default mail account in hub?
    05-25-16 01:17 PM
    My original isse is relate to de BlackBerry calendar app, not the default mail account in Hub.
    Under settings I can see both accounts (gmail and work Google apps) but in default calendar I can only choose the personal Gmail account .
    In the calendar I can see Events of both accounts but when creating a new event I cannot change to my Business acoount/calendar.
    In the native Google calendar app, all is well and Events can be created for either account.
    Ideas?

05-25-16 02:21 PM
    There is no way to select a "default". Account per se. If you want to send from a specific account then select that account in the hub and compose an email and it will default to that email account. Otherwise if you stay in the BlackBerry Hub when you compose an email you must select the account you want to use. You can only select a default account in the calendar app.

05-25-16 10:19 PM
    Android it�s a big big big ***ssshiiiitttt****
    10-11-16 06:20 AM
    Wish there were a way to define the default email account. Feedback emails I send from apps keep getting sent from my work account because I forget to check and change (because I didn't have to do so in BB10) it to my personal email account.

Don't really want to go through the trouble of having to delete and add email accounts just for this...
    11-24-16 01:42 AM
    Will be there in nov. hub update according to newest beta apps article on CB-blog. Perhaps some of the betatesters can comment on this.
    FF22 likes this.
    11-24-16 01:59 AM
    Will be there in nov. hub update according to newest beta apps article on CB-blog. Perhaps some of the betatesters can comment on this.
    Yeah it's gonna be there. But the thing is, the beta is still on testing, no sign of when it's out of beta and be officially released. I've been waiting for that!
    11-24-16 02:07 AM
    Yes it is there I got it How can I set the default email account (on Priv)?-1479978079747.jpg
    FF22 and Vidge like this.
    11-24-16 03:01 AM
    Many thanks for this - great to be able to change the default account.
    12-12-16 02:46 AM
    Many thanks for this - great to be able to change the default account.
    Yes, it is working well for me.
    I am glad to have this feature!!
    12-12-16 06:34 PM
    Wish there were a way to define the default email account. Feedback emails I send from apps keep getting sent from my work account because I forget to check and change (because I didn't have to do so in BB10) it to my personal email account.

Don't really want to go through the trouble of having to delete and add email accounts just for this...
    Happens to me too, all the time.
    12-12-16 08:26 PM
    Has there been an update that allows the default account to be selected yet (like in the posted image above)?

I just got my Keyone and also have this OP issue.
    Lansing2002 likes this.
    06-08-17 12:37 PM