I've just taken delivery of the Priv.... my previous phone was a Q10. I'm liking the new phone and have set up most things. However, the pictures and camera I have set to store on the SD card. I have backed up all the pictures from the Q10 on my computer and loaded them on the SD card. The system asked me where to store pictures and Camera Photos so I have defaulted it to the SD card. Now if I try and delete a file it will not let me. I'm also having a challenge getting into the DEVICE MANAGER. On the Q10 you had a GALLERY that worked great. The new PHOTOS app will not let you move images, create files etc. Not sure what I'm doing wrong ???
    11-12-15 01:55 PM
    You need to download a file manager from Google Play. If you specifically want a pictures gallery with those capabilities try..

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...lerynext&hl=en

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...icFolder&hl=en

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....gallery&hl=en
    11-12-15 02:21 PM
    You need to download a file manager from Google Play. If you specifically want a pictures gallery with those capabilities try..
    Damn, Bla1ze. Why didn't BB build a file manager? Even My POS Galaxy S3 had (a crappy) one. Is this how vanilla Android comes nowadays, without a file manager?

And no native music player either? I can understand if Google's Android came without a native one, but come on BB...
    11-12-15 03:29 PM
    Damn, Bla1ze. Why didn't BB build a file manager? Even My POS Galaxy S3 had (a crappy) one. Is this how vanilla Android comes nowadays, without a file manager?

And no native music player either? I can understand if Google's Android came without a native one, but come on BB...
    There's kind of one in there but it's so bare bones it might as well not even exist. I mean there's not even an icon for it lol. As for music, well you have Google Music loaded.
    raino likes this.
    11-12-15 05:10 PM
    I've just taken delivery of the Priv.... my previous phone was a Q10. I'm liking the new phone and have set up most things. However, the pictures and camera I have set to store on the SD card. I have backed up all the pictures from the Q10 on my computer and loaded them on the SD card. The system asked me where to store pictures and Camera Photos so I have defaulted it to the SD card. Now if I try and delete a file it will not let me. I'm also having a challenge getting into the DEVICE MANAGER. On the Q10 you had a GALLERY that worked great. The new PHOTOS app will not let you move images, create files etc. Not sure what I'm doing wrong ???
    OK. this is what i've done. Don't know if it'll work for everybody.
    Any new pictures taken with the phone or existing photos already on and saved directly on the SD card can be deleted. Go to photos icon, long press and select picture, tap 3 dots on top right corner and select delete copy from device. If it's a picture you took from this device and saved to sd card, it should delete it permanently. If they're pictures that came with the SD card , just follow the above steps but this time after your done you'll still see the picture there. Delete it again using the trash can. It will allow you this time. Unfortunately there will be times you'll have to delete them twice, but it will work. The initial delete is the main picture which is from the card and the second is considered the back up. I guess that stays in the photo icon. Hope this works for you guys.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-14-15 08:13 PM
    1.Open the photos app click on the you want delete then click on the garbage can.

2.Open the photos app select one or more photos click on the three dots upper-right corner and click on delete from device

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-14-15 08:48 PM