So I am looking to control my Priv via USB connection while at work since I can't over Wi-Fi or wireless due to firewall rules on our corporate LAN. I've tried lots of programs from the Play store and so far the one that has come closest to working is Mobizen. I can connect and see the screen and even get the volume buttons to work, but I can't control the screen with my PC. I've tried contacting Mobizen support and did all the troubleshooting but still no avail.

Has anyone successfully found a program/solution for this?
    12-02-15 11:57 AM
    So no one has a solution?

Blah...
    12-07-15 03:59 PM
    What do you mean by control your computer with your smartphone via USB? We cannot read your mind so you will not receive any assistance to an unclear question.

BlackBerry Priv with CrackBerry App for Android
    12-08-15 06:58 PM
    What do you mean by control your computer with your smartphone via USB? We cannot read your mind so you will not receive any assistance to an unclear question.

BlackBerry Priv with CrackBerry App for Android
    He said control his PRIV from his computer via USB ala Blend. Sorry I can't help but am very interested in the answer myself. Dying for blend on PRIV.
    12-08-15 07:11 PM
    He said control his PRIV from his computer via USB ala Blend. Sorry I can't help but am very interested in the answer myself. Dying for blend on PRIV.
    Actually, maybe I misunderstood as well as you could not control the "screen" with blend.
    12-08-15 07:13 PM
    That's why I didn't mention Blend since it didn't control your PC. But yes, I did mean exactly what I wrote. Control my Priv from my PC. Thanks for the replies but I hope someone comes up with a solution.

Posted from my Priv
    12-08-15 07:39 PM
    Is this something work related? Why not ask your IT department to help you? The LAN is their property. Unless it is for nefarious reasons. I think you're on your own.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    12-08-15 10:09 PM
    Is this something work related? Why not ask your IT department to help you? The LAN is their property. Unless it is for nefarious reasons. I think you're on your own.

I work for a large company (10000's of employees) and IT isn't gonna help one guy troubleshoot his Priv networking issues. And yes, the LAN is their property which is why I need to do it over USB. This has nothing to do with my corporate LAN. And no, this isn't for anything "nefarious". Not everyone who requests something not supported is out to hack the network.

I just want to be able to use my phone without actually touching my phone, is that so hard to fathom? I typically remote dekstop/VNC/TeamViewer/VM into multiple machines from my work terminal and I would like my phone to be one more of those. And yes, while I couldn't actually control my phone with Blend on BB10 (via USB), I could access all my hub accounts through it which was what I want to do with my Priv, but since I can't, remote control software is the next best thing.

As for "I think you're on your own.", why is that the case? People loved Blend on BB10 and used it on their work machines all the time. Now that some have moved to Priv, I am sure more than just I want to continue that type of function on the Priv.

I have local admin rights on my workstation and as previously mentioned I am not using the LAN. So solving his has nothing to do with my IT department and everything to do with finding the correct software/settings on my phone and workstation. I can't even get this to work on my home PC which I want as well because if I leave my phone upstairs I can still access it while downstairs in my computer room. I just didn't mention home first because I know someone's reply would have been, have you tried these wi-fi solutions but as previously mentioned, I want this to function at work as well.
    12-09-15 09:32 AM
    From the very little research I did when I was missing my Blend, there were two basic flavours of what's out there, neither of which really do it for me, personally:

- USB/wireless notification and file transfer (e.g. AirDroid) -- these help aggregate *some* notifications, such as calls, e-mails, texts, as well as file management, but no "other" notifications like BBM, etc.

- Screencasting (e.g. Mirror) over wireless -- haven't seen a non-root version of this over USB, but these apps essentially let you see your Android screen and click around, do stuff, etc.

There are some other apps that would work swimmingly to meet our Blend needs, but I haven't been able to get the Priv / Android composite USB drivers to recognize my phone for them. #Sad

12-09-15 09:56 AM
    I've tried the most popular ones from the play store and about 6 or 7 programs in total, AirDroid included.

Mobizen was the one that got closest to working.

jm1219 on here http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...sider-1052783/ said it's because of QHD.

Maybe I just need to wait for one of those companies to update their app.
    12-09-15 10:08 AM
    So I think your looking for a solution that works similar to Samsung Sidesync. With Samsung Sidesync, you connect your computer or your tablet to your smartphone, and once connected, an image of your smartphone shows up on the screen of the computer or tablet, from there you can control everything on your smartphone just as if the smartphone was in your hands. It's like BlackBerry blend on steroids lol. For people that have never used it before, they will think blend is the greatest thing since sliced bread, but Samsung has created something that is way more advanced.

I think the main limitation where blend excels is that with blend you can connect via USB, local WiFi, or remotely over cellular network, whereas with Samsung Sidesync you can only connect via USB and local WiFi.

With all this being said, I have not found something that will work like this with non Samsung devices.

12-09-15 10:16 AM
    Have you tried Vysor? It uses ADB drivers to achieve mirroring/remote control (USB debug mode must be on) and Chrome browser + Vysor plugin.

How to Fully Control Your Android Device from Any Computer � Android Gadget Hacks

Edit: except that will only work if we had ADB drivers from Blackberry available, which we don't. Because of... PRIVacy.
    Last edited by ViggenZ; 12-14-15 at 09:12 AM.
    Myedvyed likes this.
    12-11-15 08:45 AM
    Yah, I am pretty sure I tried Vysor and it's like you said. I tried generic ADB drivers and I couldn't get my Priv to detect correctly.
    12-11-15 09:54 AM
    I'm a big fan of team viewer

12-11-15 11:55 AM
    I'm a big fan of team viewer

Teamviewer 11 app for your desktop
    Teamviewer quick support app on the priv

12-11-15 11:57 AM
    I'm a big fan of teamviewer too and have used it since BB10 and continue to use it on my Priv. I tried version 11 and all it can do is mirror my screen, I still can't control my phone with it.
    12-11-15 12:00 PM
    Have you tried Vysor? It uses ADB drivers to achieve mirroring/remote control (USB debug mode must be on) and Chrome browser + Vysor plugin.

How to Fully Control Your Android Device from Any Computer � Android Gadget Hacks

Edit: except that will only work if we had ADB drivers from Blackberry available, which we don't. Because of... PRIVacy.
    Yah, I am pretty sure I tried Vysor and it's like you said. I tried generic ADB drivers and I couldn't get my Priv to detect correctly.
    Thanks for pointing me to this tool, I didn't know I'd have use for it until I actually installed it
    Makes replying to my fianc�e while on the PC even faster than using the Priv's PKB :P

Actually it works perfectly fine with the generic ADB drivers I installed a while back to change the screen resolution / dpi:

Note that I installed the full Android SDK though, maybe that made the difference. Unfortunately I don't remember the exact process to install all of that.

Once those prerequisites are available, using Vysor is easy:
    - Priv: Enable development options (added for completeness, you already did this)
    - Priv: Allow USB debugging (added for completeness, you already did this)
    - Chrome: Install Vysor plugin
    - Priv: Connect to PC
    - Vysor plugin: Find devices
    - Vysor plugin: Should show the Priv (or STV100-x), if not, the prerequisites are somehow not complete.
    - Vysor plugin: Select the Priv
    - Priv: You may get a pop-up dialog asking you to accept the debugging connection. Click Yes (or No, if you're masochistic and followed these steps for no reason :P )
    MikeRotch76 and ViggenZ like this.
    12-11-15 12:15 PM
    Thanks!! I didn't install the Android SDK, I'll give that a shot and see how it goes.
    12-11-15 12:37 PM
    Actually it works perfectly fine with the generic ADB drivers I installed a while back to change the screen resolution / dpi:
    Thats great to hear. I actually tried this driver and it didn't work on Windows 10 Pro x64
    Google USB Driver | Android Developers
    I will download full SDK and give it a shot.

My ADB Interface HW ID is:
    USB\VID_0FCA&PID_8032&REV_0300&MI_01

Edit: Nope, even if I update Google USB Driver to Rev 11 (through SDK Manager), Windows still does not like this driver for ADB interface. If someone else is more successful please let me know.
    Last edited by ViggenZ; 02-02-16 at 04:45 AM.
    MikeRotch76 likes this.
    12-11-15 02:09 PM
    I'm still on Windows 8.1 Pro, not sure if that could have anything to do with it?

I just looked up my SDK directory, I downloaded it on Nov. 29th apparently. And it starts coming back to me now.

The Android SDK is in E:\AndroidSDK\android-sdk-windows on my machine which is not the default path.

I opened the SDK manager, but I remembered having some issues with that, maybe because of the path.
    In the end I got it to work and downloaded some stuff. All in all I have the following packages on my system now:

From Tools:
    - Android SDK Tools
    - Android SDK Platform-tools (version 23.0.1, currently outdated)

From Extras:
    - Android Support Library (probably not needed)
    - Google USB Driver

Then I ran ADB from the platform-tools subdirectory and ran some commands for testing DPI / resolution changes (having some sizing issues when connecting a projector via Slimport, etc.). So I used ADB a few times before installing Vysor.

No idea how Vysor picked up on ADB being installed though, it all just worked. I don't have any environment variables in my system pointing to the SDK folder, it's not in my PATH either.

Edit: I just noticed that your link downloads the Google USB driver in the same way, via the SDK manager. Did you also install it by right-clicking the android_winusb.inf file -> install, and then reconnecting the phone? Will seem like a n00b question if you did, but may be helpful for others reading this

I don't recall installing the driver but I probably did it that way, since I also don't recall reading this page that Google refers to: http://developer.android.com/tools/e...stallingDriver, so I probably didn't follow those instructions!
    ViggenZ, Jonneh and MikeRotch76 like this.
    12-11-15 02:45 PM
    I am probably making some silly mistake, but no joy so far.
    I tried installing from inf, but the device is still unknown for windows. Pointing directly to folder does not make a difference either.

Could you post a screenshot of the Driver tab in your ADB device properties please?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Edit: OK. I got it to work! This is what I have done (might be different for someone else):
    1) disabled Driver Signature Verification in Windows 10 not required
    2) installed ADB driver with ADB Driver Installer Downloads - ADB Driver Installer use RIM drivers instead
    3) selected "Blacberry by Blackberry" in Vysor, but that didn't work, it could not find any device
    4) went down to command prompt and started "adb bugreport" (from sdk\platrom-tools directory), I have a feeling any other adb command would work, so it just starts "talking" to the device - thanks Myedvyed!
    5) It notified me the adb server was out of date and tried to restart the daemon couple times, until it succeeded
    6) Vysor loaded automatically!!!

Some observations:
    - animations are a bit laggy, but I can live with that.
    - I have to restart chrome every time I want to reconnect (otherwise it is a bit buggy)
    - you can see your actions on the phone screen in real time
    - if the phone is in they BB case/pocket (it forces screen to turn off), there is not way to actually use it

Last edited by ViggenZ; 02-02-16 at 04:42 AM.
    Myedvyed, Jonneh and MikeRotch76 like this.
    12-11-15 02:56 PM
    Glad you got it to work as well! So just using adb by itself might have 'opened it up' somehow.

I still went to Device Manager to look at the Driver properties as you asked, and found that interestingly, the driver is actually by BlackBerry. Do you see the same thing?

P.S.: I also noticed that when I just connected my PRIV, Vysor automatically opened. And you can resize the screen to make it render in higher resolution, but it's a bit finnicky about how you resize it.
    MikeRotch76 likes this.
    12-11-15 05:07 PM
    Oh wow, your driver is from BB and is signed Mine is from Google and is not signed...

Where did you get it? Any chance you could find out / send it to me ?;p

Cheers.

P.S. I noticed you video is not laggy at all, the drives are probably the reason why.

How can I control my Priv from PC via USB?-driver.jpg
    Last edited by ViggenZ; 12-11-15 at 05:26 PM.
    MikeRotch76 likes this.
    12-11-15 05:12 PM
    Ah, so I wasn't actually using a generic ADB driver after all (without realising - sorry!), yet you still got it to work on one :P

Well, I just searched for it again on the BB site, it's a bit tricky to find because the first 'Download drivers' link I saw pointed me to the Hub's manual. But eventually I found it. And guess what? That page DID look familiar

Not sure if this direct link works:
    https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/D...3D915F5ABCD900

Otherwise you can try accessing it through their support site but it's a bit of a mess, e.g. http://us.blackberry.com/support/devices/ gives a 404, and clicking the 'Downloads' menu item I see in the original link seems to get stuck in an infinite redirect loop or something. (Edit: sometimes I get a similar weird loop when clicking the devices link I just posted, sometimes a 404 again)
    12-11-15 05:16 PM
    Thank you.
    I also found this one Download Driver BlackBerry Inc - Other hardware - BlackBerry Android Composite ADB Interface

Time for some tests!

Edit: And the results below
    How can I control my Priv from PC via USB?-driver2.jpg

Reinstalled the driver package form RIM, just to have the proper ones.
    It is not as laggy as it was on the generic driver, but not 100% smooth either. Still much better experience.

I am glad we got it to work! Thanks again Myedvyed!
    Last edited by ViggenZ; 12-11-15 at 05:47 PM.
    MikeRotch76 likes this.
    12-11-15 05:19 PM
52 123