Hi, i just swapped from a Q10 to the Priv, still trying to get it all set up.

I realized that i seem to not be able to change the physical input to QWERZ. This was easily possible on the Q10.

Any one managed to find out how to do it on the priv?

thanks a lot!
    11-29-16 04:55 PM
    I think you can't do that. No PKB phones I've had had that possibility so I got used to typing on a QWERTY keyboard on phones.
    11-29-16 05:01 PM
    It's a physical keyboard. You can't exactly change it. I'm not really sure what you are asking.
    11-29-16 07:58 PM
    Well I could change the keyboard mapping of webOS PKB phones from qwerty to qwertz so you type physical key Y and get a Z. As regular qwertz user you don't care if the key has a Y lasered on as you know it's the Z there on this physical key. So the request is valid, but as I have a physical qwertz STV100-4 I didn't bother to do this on android.
    11-29-16 08:08 PM
    Interesting, I didn't know that you could re-map the Q10 keyboard. All the BB10 devices I had were touch screen. As for the Priv, I don't know, I have never tried to see if the physical keyboard layout can be re-mapped.

I have never tried on my Priv as I got the keyboard version that I prefer. I guess if there isn't a way, you might just have to use the virtual keyboard in instances you really need QWERTZ.

I understand the want to change the mapping if possible. I recently moved back to a QWERTY country from living in a QWERTZ country. All the physical keyboard Berries I bought there were QWERTZ and you couldn't change them on the old BB OS. I just simply had to get used to it.

Haha I had a big QWERTY/QWERTZ adventure: devices at home were QWERTY, typing devices I bought locally (including Blackberries) were QWERTZ, at work I used an external QWERTZ keyboard mapped to QWERTY as my work laptop was QWERTY (our IT guy had mercy on me and ordered me a US QWERTY version) and other common shared computers around the workplace were QWERTZ. Talk about constant typing mind games! :0
    11-30-16 01:58 AM
    11-30-16 02:19 AM