So, I migrated from my trusty Z10 to the priv back in early January and now need to perform a factory wipe and reset but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to backup the Notes and Tasks.
    I have over 400 items between the two apps and manually copying and pasting will be a nightmare.
    Anyone know how to backup and restored these items easily?
    Thanks.
    10-22-16 06:19 PM
    So, I migrated from my trusty Z10 to the priv back in early January and now need to perform a factory wipe and reset but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to backup the Notes and Tasks.
    I have over 400 items between the two apps and manually copying and pasting will be a nightmare.
    Thanks.
    That is why I moved away from the BB Notes app. No way to sync it with anything else and no method that I could figure out to back them up. I moved to Note Everything.

Hopefully, someone does have a solution for you.
    10-23-16 12:49 AM
    I recently moved(copy and paste) all my notes to the updated Password Keeper.

You can backup there.
    As for Task maybe just by using the content transfer app to SD card
    FF22 likes this.
    10-23-16 01:36 PM
    There has to be a better way.
    11-10-16 08:05 PM
    Thanks.
    Seems that there is no proper way to back up and restore them.
    I have checked in the BlackBerry content transfer app and from Android to Android back up everything except notes and tasks.
    BlackBerry must work on a solution in this !
    11-12-16 02:39 PM
    Use Exchange and it will sync
    11-14-16 12:52 PM
    Use Exchange and it will sync
    Still wondering if there is a Notes or Tasks backup solution? There must be a file on the phone itself one could copy and save, no?

Can average Joe use Exchange? If so, how? Info please.
    06-11-17 09:22 AM
    Exchange or bust.

Just use Google Keep or Evernote instead.
    FF22 likes this.
    06-11-17 09:32 AM
    Microsoft Exchange is a paid email service that IMO works best with BlackBerry, either BB10 or Android. Everything syncs seamlessly.

In BB10, if you're using Remember for notes, you can't transfer them to Exchange notes, but you can use a BB10 app called Memoir that will put your Remember notes into a folder in your OneDrive. I admit I haven't tried porting Memoir-saved notes into Exchange notes, so I don't know if it will work.
    06-12-17 08:20 AM
    I don't think the average person wants or needs Exchange.

I find it rather poor of BB to not have SOME kind of way to backup ones notes and tasks.
    FF22 likes this.
    06-12-17 10:19 AM
    I don't think the average person wants or needs Exchange.

I find it rather poor of BB to not have SOME kind of way to backup ones notes and tasks.
    Well you can use Hotmail/Outlook to back up tasks... but not Notes.. I agree it's frustrating as I don't think it even sync with the google backups.

As an alternative to notes you might be satisfied with Buno, it's encrypted, password protected

Or just use tasks, and put your notes in Password Keeper instead since it can back them up
    FF22 likes this.
    06-16-17 01:41 AM
    Well you can use Hotmail/Outlook to back up tasks... but not Notes.. I agree it's frustrating as I don't think it even sync with the google backups.

As an alternative to notes you might be satisfied with Buno, it's encrypted, password protected

Or just use tasks, and put your notes in Password Keeper instead since it can back them up
    I see more than one - who is the developer? And where does it sync? Their site or something of my choosing and control?
    06-16-17 11:31 AM
    I see more than one - who is the developer? And where does it sync? Their site or something of my choosing and control?
    The Dev is called HelloWorld

Notes are local, but if you turn sync on then it is their server. They say everything is encrypted and can set pass code. Seems like better option then Evernote which clearly says in privacy policy that their employees can read your notes if they want to

CrackBerry had an article about it maybe a year ago.. The apps is a basic notes app though. Doesn't have rich text or bullets or anything I don't think.. But it has good privacy policy and it syncs of you loose your phone
    FF22 likes this.
    06-16-17 04:13 PM
    The Dev is called HelloWorld

Notes are local, but if you turn sync on then it is their server. They say everything is encrypted and can set pass code. Seems like better option then Evernote which clearly says in privacy policy that their employees can read your notes if they want to

CrackBerry had an article about it maybe a year ago.. The apps is a basic notes app though. Doesn't have rich text or bullets or anything I don't think.. But it has good privacy policy and it syncs of you loose your phone
    I don't need any special formatting. I just want plain text notes and a backup/restore system that works. So this sounds reasonable for those purposes.
    06-16-17 08:10 PM
    So... I went to a web-based solution that was a little tedious...but otherwise easy to use.

SimpleNote is the application I used. I installed it on my old Priv. used the share function to share each note to the new app and then deleted the note on my Priv (just so I did not go insane with accidental repeats) Fewer clicks than the copy and paste version. AND the added bonus of being device independent. I can even view the notes using a web browser on my computer.

Hope this helps
    10-05-17 09:37 PM
    Backing up notes between BlackBerry Android devices is recommended to be done via "device switch" app; save to Google cloud then restore choosing 'this is my new device'. I'm only posting this because this page is the first result on Google for "BlackBerry notes local backup"
    08-18-19 09:44 AM
    Blackberry's notes and tasks apps are both flawed in my opinion because they are not advertised as "Microsoft exchange" only, and they have no other backup/restore capability. I long ago switched to ColorNote which I have configured to automatically sync across multiple devices, automatically backup to my Dropbox account, etc.
    08-22-19 03:58 PM
    I save BlackBerry notes via share dialog to Google Keep

One by one... no bulk save

Some say BlackBerry content transfer app can do it... sketchy
    08-30-19 12:26 PM
    I use content transfer and it works for notes. I just wish it was automatic.
    08-30-19 01:30 PM
    That is why I moved away from the BB Notes app. No way to sync it with anything else and no method that I could figure out to back them up. I moved to Note Everything.

Hopefully, someone does have a solution for you.
    If you used the local account on your phone (the default folders) there is no way to synch them wirelessly. But there may be options.

Do you have an Outlook.com or a cloud Exchange account configured?

For notes, you can use an app in BlackBerry World called "All Notes Backup" If it's available.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    08-30-19 01:35 PM