I bought a used T-Mobile BB Priv. I did a factory reset and installed all my apps. I am on Dec security update on marshmallow and have updated all core apps. I did all that yesterday. This morning I took phone off from charger two hours ago and now it is on 80%. I've been using whatsapp web and phone has been screen on for 22m with brightness set to little under half. I have approximately 12 hours left according to battery manager.

Is this about what I should expect from the Priv? Or is my unit not up to par with others?
    Attached Thumbnails Horrible battery life on Priv-76170910-fed7-4b2b-9bb0-ce5c9d9a6291.jpg  
    01-04-17 10:21 AM
    that seems about right. two hours with 22 min screen time, WA and phone? sounds perfectly fine. phone calls use a lot of battery. so does WA
    andy957 likes this.
    01-04-17 10:33 AM
    Ok, I'm coming from an S7 edge so maybe that's why it seems so bad.
    01-04-17 10:45 AM
    to be honest, whenever I do a factory reset or even a simple reboot of my priv, i notice that the battery life is awful. it changes within a couple days. keep it running and it should optimize.
    bluetroll and Jane23 like this.
    01-04-17 10:47 AM
    You should see a slight improvement over the next day or two. Whats App does use a lot of battery.
    Read through a couple of the more recent battery posts, lots of tips on how to get better life.
    01-04-17 10:49 AM
    Also, if you can deal with it, turn down the screen brightness - that tends to also eat battery power.
    01-04-17 12:07 PM
    My Priv typically does better but I would sooner suspect the different app and setting loadout. (e.g. I don't use Whatsapp or NFC, I use Messenger Lite...)
    01-04-17 12:42 PM
    I did a factory reset on my PRIV on January 1. The battery life is very good now. It kinda sucked for a day.

I've now installed Greenify and set it up with aggressive doze and Doze on the go. The battery life is very good now. (I don't bother with hibernating apps).
    chuckiev79 likes this.
    01-04-17 01:55 PM
    Here is a good post that should help optimize. There are others but a great tip here. /blackberry-priv-f440/double-your-stanby-battery-life-1096283/
    Double your stanby battery life!
    01-04-17 03:32 PM
    Not sure why Android System is using 4%.

I don't have too much of a battery drain. I can get about 1 hour of battery if I use my phone straight at the lowest brightness.

I don't use WhatsApp web too much so I'm not sure how much of a battery drain that is.

When you factory reset do you restore? I think I've had problems with that before. Try fresh.
    01-04-17 04:33 PM
    I didn't restore, clean factory reset. I'll try some of the tips but I'd rather charge phone more often then turn down the brightness anymore. All I use the phone for is call, text, email, and whatsapp. No games or anything else. I might open snapchat few times a day so I'll disable it's background data.
    01-04-17 05:01 PM
    I didn't restore, clean factory reset. I'll try some of the tips but I'd rather charge phone more often then turn down the brightness anymore. All I use the phone for is call, text, email, and whatsapp. No games or anything else. I might open snapchat few times a day so I'll disable it's background data.
    Snapchat is very battery unfriendly.
    01-04-17 05:43 PM
    Yeah but I've used snapchat 0 times today. Doesn't show up in my battery status either.
    01-04-17 05:45 PM
    I might open snapchat few times a day so I'll disable it's background data.
    Disable background for anything that doesn't need to use data when its closed and not being used.
    Each app may not use much by it'self, but when you add it up it can be a chunk.
    Example - 10 apps, each is using 0.5% of battery, not enough to show on battery screen, but add them together and it's 5%.
    Go to your data screen, it will show you what each app is using in the background.

Android System will use a pretty good bit of battery for a day or 3 after any any substantial update, including autoload and factory data reset.
    FF22 likes this.
    01-05-17 05:24 AM
    My priv was down to 4% battery yesterday. Unusual for me to get that low. Charged overnight, on priv provided cable. Only charged to 29% and phone is very warm. Charged for a few hours in airplane mode, got up to 73%. I uplugged and started losing a percent every 2 minutes. Deleted apps I don't use. All apps are closed. I cleared the cache. I did the 32 second power button reboot twice. Phone is still very warm and the charge icon shows it is charging while plugged in, but the percent does not rise.
    01-10-17 12:32 PM
    My priv was down to 4% battery yesterday. Unusual for me to get that low. Charged overnight, on priv provided cable. Only charged to 29% and phone is very warm. Charged for a few hours in airplane mode, got up to 73%. I uplugged and started losing a percent every 2 minutes. Deleted apps I don't use. All apps are closed. I cleared the cache. I did the 32 second power button reboot twice. Phone is still very warm and the charge icon shows it is charging while plugged in, but the percent does not rise.
    I don't know if you use Facebook or FB Messenger but there were new reports today that it is again using excessive battery power.
    01-10-17 01:07 PM
    I have just deleted both of those apps and turned off the phone. I also removed and reinstalled the sim card. I am still in airplane mode. Phone is still very warm and is showing 44%, and then down to 42% while still on the charger. Phone is 14 months old.
    01-10-17 01:24 PM
    I have just deleted both of those apps and turned off the phone. I also removed and reinstalled the sim card. I am still in airplane mode. Phone is still very warm and is showing 44%, and then down to 42% while still on the charger. Phone is 14 months old.
    You might want to reboot

From BB blog: How to reset PRIV by BlackBerry | Inside BlackBerry Help Blog

Three restart/reboot methods

The first method, which should be used 99.9% of the time when you want to reboot your device, is using the Reboot option that appears after pressing the Power key.

Press and hold the Power key for 3 seconds
    Select Reboot from the menu that is presented

The second reset method should be used if pressing the Power key does not produce the menu with Power Off and Restart. For example, if an app or game you are using won’t close, use this option to restart your device.

Press and hold the Power key for 12 seconds

Third method: Should your device fail to respond, the final reset method is to press and hold the Power key for 32 seconds which is equivalent to removing the battery. This should result in your device booting up successfully.

If it fails to start, however, verify you are not pressing any other keys such as Volume Up, Mute, or Volume Down while performing any of the reset methods listed above. If you use a case for your device you may want to remove it as it might be pressing a button inadvertently.

And just for an extra measure, if needed:

Safe Mode:

The next step is placing your device into safe mode.

When used, Safe Mode will disable any third party apps or games you have installed. As a result of this, should your device not exhibit the issue while in Safe Mode it’s safe to assume the issue is specific to an app or game you have installed. Safe Mode may also remove apps and/or widgets from your various home screens when you go back to Normal.

Press and hold the power key
    Tap and hold Power off (that is Press/Hold the Power Off prompt line) when it appears
    When prompted, tap OK to reboot to Safe Mode

To get out of Safe Mode, press and hold the power key followed by tapping Reboot.

After testing, should your device not exhibit any issues, the next step is to remove recently installed applications one by one until the issue is resolved.
    01-10-17 02:23 PM
    Thank you, I had already done all of those, except for Safe Mode. However, it has been charging for an hour and I am up to 61%, and the phone is no longer warm. It seems that deleting Facebook and it Facebook Messenger did the trick. (hopefully!!!)

Edit: another hour later: I did speak too soon. As soon as I get out of airplane mode, the phone heats up and starts losing power. I am in Safe Mode now, and the phone still gets really warm and battery level goes down while still charging.
    Last edited by [email protected]; 01-10-17 at 03:15 PM.
    FF22 likes this.
    01-10-17 02:30 PM
    Thank you, I had already done all of those, except for Safe Mode. However, it has been charging for an hour and I am up to 61%, and the phone is no longer warm. It seems that deleting Facebook and it Facebook Messenger did the trick. (hopefully!!!)

Edit: another hour later: I did speak too soon. As soon as I get out of airplane mode, the phone heats up and starts losing power. I am in Safe Mode now, and the phone still gets really warm and battery level goes down while still charging.
    Check the battery monitor to see what's the highest user.

If anything, as much as I dislike it, factory reset and no restore.
    01-10-17 10:32 PM
    Check to see if there is any swelling on the back of your priv. This is what my first priv looked like. The battery had swollen up.
    Attached Thumbnails Horrible battery life on Priv-img_20160731_211542.jpg   Horrible battery life on Priv-img_20160731_211549.jpg   Horrible battery life on Priv-img_20160731_211554.jpg  
    01-10-17 10:41 PM
    I've also been experiencing terrible battery life on my Priv since I bought it in December. I needed a full charge around 1pm to survive the day.

The latest software update which was available last night has made an enormous difference. now almost 7pm and I have 40% with the regular day's usage.

Thanks for the update BB/Google. There was clearly a battery management issue which is now resolved with this latest update.
    FF22 likes this.
    03-15-17 01:48 PM
    I find battery life to be average to good. I get 4.5-6 hours SOT. Thats pretty good in my opinion.
    03-15-17 03:24 PM
    I bought a used T-Mobile BB Priv. I did a factory reset and installed all my apps. I am on Dec security update on marshmallow and have updated all core apps. I did all that yesterday. This morning I took phone off from charger two hours ago and now it is on 80%. I've been using whatsapp web and phone has been screen on for 22m with brightness set to little under half. I have approximately 12 hours left according to battery manager.

Is this about what I should expect from the Priv? Or is my unit not up to par with others?
    This is normal. Pretty much any device where you can get a full day of mixed use on a full charge, is the norm for today's smartphones.
    03-15-17 07:50 PM