I'm really hoping for a port of BlackBerry sms built into Priv Hub. For the first few days of using the Priv i kept the hub disabled. Basically for 2 reasons-
    1) both my personal Gmail account as well as my Google Apps for business account have no push abilities in the hub which just doesn't work for me (especially for work).

2) the hub having to open up another text app just to view is text is really irritating. No texting app with the exception of chomp will default back to the main conversation list upon closing. So when using textra or messenger i have to manually tab back to get to the main conversation list every time.

I solved problem 1 by disabling Gmail and setting up my Outlook email in the hub instead which pushes. Then setting up my Google Apps account up through exchange which then pushes my work Gmail.

Problem 2 is currently unsolvable and made more bearable by using chomp but still less that ideal.

It's clear after switching to push accounts in the hub that BlackBerry did a great job with the email app. The lack of Gmail push is Google fault and not BlackBerrys.

I just wonder how difficult it would be to build sms into the hub app. They did it with email and there are no api restrictions i know of that would prevent them from building there own sms app into it. This added functionality would easy improve the hub experience and make it at least 70% as useful as it was on my z10 with regards to what i use it for.

Does anyone else feel my pain? And does anyone know if a BlackBerry sms app is in the works?
    talalal likes this.
    12-05-15 03:58 PM
    But the HUB supports IMAP push, and Google supports IMAP push, so what is not working?
    12-05-15 04:44 PM
    Textra opens as an overlay, not a new app, and supports gestures to just swipe it out the way.

Quick swipe right and you're back in hub, just like BB10.

Doesn't update read status properly though...

They did mention in the Hub feedback on Google Play that built in SMS may come in the future. I hope so!

Posted from my BlackBerry Priv
    scott082801 likes this.
    12-05-15 05:26 PM
    But the HUB supports IMAP push, and Google supports IMAP push, so what is not working?
    Imap push is not reliable. Some times its instant and others it the 15 minute poll time. I have 15 employees and once a month im on call to nearly 70 folks. I need reliable instant email that BlackBerry used to be known for and exchange still is (this is the only thing i miss about BIS). When setting up exchange or even a free outlook account, push is displayed in the frequency option. However with gmail and Google Apps accounts 15 is the highest frequency and push isn't even in the frequency options.
    12-05-15 07:14 PM
    I downloaded textra today, way better than messenger

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    12-05-15 07:39 PM
    It would be really cool if I could interact with MMS / SMS just like how BBM works in the BlackBerry PRIV Hub. That would be super!

Posted via CB10
    12-05-15 07:48 PM
    Can someone post a video of the textra app in the HUB? Thanks

Posted via CB10
    fadi.alsaidi likes this.
    12-05-15 07:49 PM
    I downloaded textra today, way better than messenger

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    I agree. Messenger would be tolerable if it was a bit more customisable. It's way too colorful. Looks like a 5 year old designed it.
    12-05-15 09:16 PM
    Imap push is not reliable. Some times its instant and others it the 15 minute poll time. I have 15 employees and once a month im on call to nearly 70 folks. I need reliable instant email that BlackBerry used to be known for and exchange still is (this is the only thing i miss about BIS). When setting up exchange or even a free outlook account, push is displayed in the frequency option. However with gmail and Google Apps accounts 15 is the highest frequency and push isn't even in the frequency options.
    Must be differences in their systems,.. We have not seen any hickups like that with IMAP,.. Actually the mobile devices seems to get the message before desktop clients..

Did do a test using activesync with two Google Apps accounts, and did not see any noticeable difference..

But.. The main thing is that you found something that works for you...
    scott082801 likes this.
    12-05-15 10:10 PM