I thought of the perfect compromise: have a lock button for the keyboard. That way people that don't want the keyboard or if you don't want the keyboard sliding out automatically, have a button that locks the keyboard so it doesn't slide out.

What do you guys think?

Posted via CB10
    03-03-15 05:36 PM
    oh stop worrying about that stupid phone for gosh sakes!
    Don't buy it.
    Something better will be coming.....
    Mecca EL and Bla1ze like this.
    03-03-15 05:41 PM
    Don't buy it.
    I want to buy a new phone to replace my z10. This is the perfect phone minus the keyboard

Posted via CB10
    03-03-15 05:43 PM
    Don't buy it.
    Jaydee, it's not a stupid phone, it is the perfect marriage of the physical keyboard and the traditional 16:9 smartphone aspect ratio. I can't imagine anything better at all. This phone was sent from heaven to save us!

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2480 O2 UK
    03-08-15 05:09 AM
    I don't think a lock is necessary. If you don't want to use the physical keyboard, just don't slide it out.

Posted via the super amazing BlackBerry Q10
    03-08-15 07:10 PM
    Don't buy it.
    She's on the right track guys. We have no input in anyway, even if we like to think we do, and how this device will turn out. Let's see how this unfolds when it unfolds.

Posted via CB10
    03-08-15 11:19 PM
    I don't think a lock is necessary. If you don't want to use the physical keyboard, just don't slide it out.

Posted via the super amazing BlackBerry Q10
    I agree. I've had a number of sliders is the past. The kb will stay put if you don't slide it out. Nobody needs to worry. All the touch screen holdouts will be holding out for a very long time if they are fixated on saving a few extra mm thickness. Besides who couldn't use a physical keyboard once in a while?

Posted via CB10
    03-09-15 07:09 AM
    Definitely no need for a lock.

Posted via CB10
    03-09-15 07:43 AM
    Definitely no need for a lock.

Posted via CB10
    Why not? It'd be so simple to implement. And serves multiple functions

Posted via CB10
    03-09-15 11:10 AM
    Why not? It'd be so simple to implement. And serves multiple functions

Posted via CB10
    One more moving/plastic part to break.

I've owned a few sliders and the keyboards always stayed closed unless you opened them. BlackBerry of course but also LG and Motorola. I've held a few lower end sliders that seemed loose and it felt like they'd slide open or shut too easily, but I doubt a high-end BlackBerry slider will be like that.

A case that holds it closed might be a better solution, but how will the curved screen work with a case?

Posted via CB10
    03-09-15 11:40 AM
    One more moving/plastic part to break.

I've owned a few sliders and the keyboards always stayed closed unless you opened them. BlackBerry of course but also LG and Motorola. I've held a few lower end sliders that seemed loose and it felt like they'd slide open or shut too easily, but I doubt a high-end BlackBerry slider will be like that.

A case that holds it closed might be a better solution, but how will the curved screen work with a case?

Posted via CB10
    That's why I don't want a case. Maybe Dhabkirk can make a render or a case for the Slider

Posted via CB10
    03-09-15 12:14 PM
    That's why I don't want a case. Maybe Dhabkirk can make a render or a case for the Slider

Posted via CB10
    I would actually like to see this. Dhabkirk,what says you?

Posted via CB10
    03-09-15 01:15 PM
    You can buy the iBand. It's a rubber band made by Apple to keep your slider shut. Just think of a rubber band with an Apple logo on it and a $100 price tag.

Posted via BlackBerry Classic
    tufcustomer likes this.
    03-09-15 02:07 PM
    You can buy the iBand. It's a rubber band made by Apple to keep your slider shut. Just think of a rubber band with an Apple logo on it and a $100 price tag.

Posted via BlackBerry Classic
    While humorous, slightly uncalled for lol.

Posted via CB10
    03-09-15 02:42 PM