Elsewhere I suggested the PRIV would have sold better if it was produce produce a NEW brand, not BlackBerry... people do not think BlackBerry Passport in th forefront of innovation or anything else... fingerprint devi 2 years later... typical & sad
    10-18-15 07:43 PM
    Plenny'a fones will come out with vertical slider KB options if Priv shows any interest... BlackBerry takes many months plus to bring out the priv... Samsung & others can do it in weeks... the crush of competition against established power players... the agony of defeat !!

Posted via CB10
    Why is that every potential little win BlackBerry might have needs to be rained on..., haha? :-D

We've seen Samsung's idea of a, can we call it, ahem keyboard... ?

Attachment 376371

�   Ahoy, Privateers...! :-)   �
    10-18-15 07:54 PM
    This fingerprint debate will go on in this forum until BlackBerry adopts a fingerprint scanner (probably in a year or two). The people who do have it think it's great. The people who don't have it think it's not. Then there are the people who can't be bothered to lock their phones vs the people who think that the Mission: Impossible team might come after them one day.

I don't know anyone who has it on their device that doesn't use it, though, which means that one's opinion probably depends on whether it's on one of your devices or not. I'm sure there are plenty of people in BlackBerry management that either own newer generation iPhones or iPads that they unlock every day with Touch ID and can see that not having fingerprint is already a competitive disadvantage for a flagship device in 2016.
    I stated why I didn't want a fp scanner and it has nothing to do with not having used one yet.

Posted via CB10
    10-18-15 07:55 PM
    I stated why I didn't want a fp scanner and it has nothing to do with not having used one yet.

Posted via CB10
    It's not because of technical or legal implications... it's out of principle. I'd like to keep biometrics out of my life as much as possible.... :-)

I feel biometrics take away from our human dignity. But that's just me and doesn't need to be discussed here...

10-18-15 07:59 PM
    On Topic:

Priv really looks more and more like an attractive package. Android users finally have a real option that goes beyond the slab and standard security.

:-)

10-18-15 08:01 PM
    Samsung has the heft to ascend the KB learning curve in a jiffy. BlackBerry has rained on their own parade & pays JC to do it...
    10-18-15 08:01 PM
    It's not because of technical or legal implications... it's out of principle. I'd like to keep biometrics out of my life as much as possible.... :-)

I feel biometrics take away from our human dignity. But that's just me and doesn't need to be discussed here...

Meh, my fingerprints were taken so I could access criminal databases, I'm not worried about legal implications either. Like you, it's principal and really no one's business.

Posted via CB10
    10-18-15 08:16 PM
    Dude, if you have information that is important to the point of someone going to all that process, you SHOULDN'T store that kind of stuff in a device that you can drop in the middle of the street. This is not holywood, you're not robbink a bank. If it's important, don't leave in the phone, because it's much easier to steal your phone than your finger print pattern
    If they steal your phone, they are ALSO stealing your fingerprint pattern.
    Part of why it's so insecure.

Posted via CB10
    10-18-15 11:11 PM
    I hope the device hits all the check points it's users want.

Posted via CB10
    10-18-15 11:13 PM
    Sony Z5 Compact. That's my backup plan.

Posted via CB10
    10-18-15 11:33 PM
    Didn't think of that problem
    I have a light sleep, that wouldn't work with me, but I can relate to some people I know... Althought you really need a psycho GF to do that. Better she find out that you're cheating on her so you can get rid of that b!tch haha
    Doesn't matter. A police officer could physically force you to unlock your phone via fingerprint. Someone could drug you and use your fingerprint. Fingerprint scanners aren't mission critical secure, but they are very convenient.

BlackBerry's Picture Password is miles better, imo.

Posted via CB10
    10-18-15 11:36 PM
    I've been searching for a 'plan b' a phone I will buy in case the price of the priv is 800+ and so far nothing. The new flagships coming out are either too big or come inferior when compared to the priv.

I came to a conclusion even if the price of the priv is 800+ I'm still getting it...no other (android) phone can match what that phone is offering (native android hub, pkb, battery life, beautiful looking)

Am I right or wrong?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    It's that keyboard that has be sold. There is no other android device with a physical keyboard. I need this.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
    Adam Frix likes this.
    10-19-15 02:23 AM
    You are right but it'll have to really be executed well - no hardware issues, double typing, screen lifting, etc

People are probably going to give them a chance and it's going to be an expensive chance at that - they'll have to deliver.

One thing they really need to get right however, in my opinion at least - is a top line camera. If it's going to be positioned against other flagships they must have a comparable camera.

Posted via CB10
    the top of the line camera is why i went to a TRUE android. LG G4. no camera compares and i have all features i had on my BB....just differently arranged. I hope they do the Priv right!!!!!!
    10-19-15 06:49 AM
    It's that keyboard that has be sold. There is no other android device with a physical keyboard. I need this.

I keep wondering why it is that no other Android OEM is "still" making a physical keyboard???? Maybe improvements in battery life and engineering will overcome some of the issues that Sliders have had in the past and that lead to their removal from the market place.

But yes if the keyboard is what you want... there really isn't anything to compare to the PRIV. If you don't need a keyboard.... wait till the PRIV is release and there have been some reviews and some benchmarks... you'll find plenty of devices to compare too.
    10-19-15 07:46 AM
    I keep wondering why it is that no other Android OEM is "still" making a physical keyboard???? Maybe improvements in battery life and engineering will overcome some of the issues that Sliders have had in the past and that lead to their removal from the market place.
    BlackBerry has a warehouse full of keyboard patents too. You can't make a keyboard out of jujubes without running into BlackBerry.

PassportSQW100-4/10.3.2.2789
    10-19-15 07:53 AM
    Uhmm I don't think you need a Plan B because it's only for ladies

But at $800, that's just overkill and would only cater to a small audience if Mr. Chen really wants to sell 5mil devices annually.

I've been searching for a 'plan b' a phone I will buy in case the price of the priv is 800+ and so far nothing. The new flagships coming out are either too big or come inferior when compared to the priv.

I came to a conclusion even if the price of the priv is 800+ I'm still getting it...no other (android) phone can match what that phone is offering (native android hub, pkb, battery life, beautiful looking)

Am I right or wrong?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android

To BB or not to BBBBBB...?
    10-19-15 07:56 AM
    BlackBerry has a warehouse full of keyboard patents too. You can't make a keyboard out of jujubes without running into BlackBerry.

PassportSQW100-4/10.3.2.2789
    A lot of companies have keyboard patents.... there where PDA's and early smartphone on the market long before BlackBerry came along. Not saying that BlackBerry's isn't the best, just that a keyboard phone is pretty easy to make without BlackBerry's permission.

Most of the people I knew that "liked" a slider, actually preferred the full keyboard sliders....
    10-19-15 08:07 AM
    Doesn't matter. A police officer could physically force you to unlock your phone via fingerprint. Someone could drug you and use your fingerprint. Fingerprint scanners aren't mission critical secure, but they are very convenient.

BlackBerry's Picture Password is miles better, imo.

Posted via CB10
    Friend... if you have troubles in that magnitude that would make people like police or someone to Drug you to get information from your phone, that means that you shouldn't have that kind of information in your phone anyway. Important stuff like that should NEVER be on a volatile device like that. Save it on a cloud service, or somewhere safer. You can loose or get you rphone stolen at any time.The phone can even break down, and wwarranty will replace or wipe your device.
    MO3iusONE likes this.
    10-19-15 08:49 AM
    If they steal your phone, they are ALSO stealing your fingerprint pattern.
    Part of why it's so insecure.

Posted via CB10
    The finger print information (at least) on apple devices is stored in a separated memory that is [suposedly] impossible to hack... But if someone goes to that extreme to get your fingerprint, I repeat, you have stuff that you should never have on your phone.

If your phone gets stolen, lock it or wipe it remotely as fast as you can
    10-19-15 08:53 AM
    Friend... if you have troubles in that magnitude that would make people like police or someone to Drug you to get information from your phone, that means that you shouldn't have that kind of information in your phone anyway. Important stuff like that should NEVER be on a volatile device like that. Save it on a cloud service, or somewhere safer. You can loose or get you rphone stolen at any time.The phone can even break down, and wwarranty will replace or wipe your device.
    There was a blackberry user on here saying "what if I cut off my finger, how will I be able to log into my phone?"

If your finger isn't got chopped off, you other things to worry about.

10-19-15 09:01 AM
    There was a blackberry user on here saying "what if I cut off my finger, how will I be able to log into my phone?"

If your finger isn't got chopped off, you other things to worry about.

If i had anyone trying to murder or arrest me because what I have on my phone, i would go back to a nokia 3310 and live a relaxed and happy life lol.

I think people overeact here, 99% of people have password to "protect" then from their closes friends and family. Maybe they don't want their child to play in the phone without permission, or they don't want their GF to read their messages. That's all the reply's I get when I ask my friends and family how they don't get crazy by having to type a password every thime they use the phone.
    10-19-15 09:16 AM
    the price is out there well for me in the UK carphone warehouse has it going on there site if I can remember for I think �529 I am going to wait a few months and see weather the price will budge and can buy it cheaper as don't really wanna spend that much outright but it's all early days.
    Assuming the pricing model remains the same around the world, that price with VAT removed translates to about $885 (CDN)/$685 (US).
    10-19-15 09:22 AM
    I don't think there's even any android 5.0+ device with a PKB besides the PRIV let alone a slider with a full 1440p touchscreen.

 BlackBerry Z30 Chenpion 
    10-19-15 09:46 AM
    If the Priv sells even moderately, I would predict lower priced competitors in a short time...

I don't think there's even any android 5.0+ device with a PKB besides the PRIV let alone a slider with a full 1440p touchscreen.

 BlackBerry Z30 Chenpion 
    10-19-15 10:47 AM
    $925 Cdn, wait 6 months, it will drop to $250

Blackberry Passport Running 10.3.2.2789
    10-19-15 10:58 AM
111 12345