Have fun with figuring out someone's picture password.
    I've done mine in front of multiple people, and they are wrong every time.

Posted via CB10
    I've been able to unlock my phone randomly without looking at the screen using picture password. If I could do that essentially any stranger can as well.
    10-18-15 04:18 PM
    If BlackBerry wanted a wow, they could use the crappy front camera to authenticate via retinal scan... a descent front camera would have done better...
    You just write crap mate... The "retinal scan" as you call it, is made by a iris scanner, and the iris scanner is not a selfie camera
    10-18-15 04:18 PM
    I've heard it's as easy as getting your hands on a print and some type of graphite powder. Plus think about it. What's more secure, a password thats in your head, or a fingerprint that someone could forcibly make you input?
    Like i said before, someone could see you put a password on it. How many people know eachothers password? and how many people have a copy of the other's finger print scanner? not many, and I doubt you'll see many in the future.
    10-18-15 04:20 PM
    I've been able to unlock my phone randomly without looking at the screen using picture password. If I could do that essentially any stranger can as well.
    That was freakish luck though. The chances that would happen the one time a thief gets a hold of it with his five tries would be crazy low.

PassportSQW100-4/10.3.2.2789
    10-18-15 04:21 PM
    Didn't Jack Bauer do it to a finger sleeve to get in somewhere ?? Contact CTU for a wiki...

Further, if someone really wants your stuff, they could lop off your finger & make the sleeve directly... ask Johnnie Cochran, if it fits...
    Dude, if you have information that is important to the point of someone going to all that process, you SHOULDN'T store that kind of stuff in a device that you can drop in the middle of the street. This is not holywood, you're not robbink a bank. If it's important, don't leave in the phone, because it's much easier to steal your phone than your finger print pattern
    10-18-15 04:22 PM
    That was freakish luck though. The chances that would happen the one time a thief gets a hold of it with his five tries would be crazy low.

Last time I checked was 10 times, but could have been updated
    10-18-15 04:22 PM
    But, some such means could be developed... isn't M$ claiming to have that on their new stuff...? It could be iris recognition would be accessible to the front camera & be robust enough for NFC payment schemes, a potential cashcow for BlackBerry...

your insults don't make you appear creative or smart...

You just write crap mate... The "retinal scan" as you call it, is made by a iris scanner, and the iris scanner is not a selfie camera
    10-18-15 04:23 PM
    But, some such means could be developed... isn't M$ claiming to have that on their new stuff...*

your insults don't make you appear creative or smart...
    It's not unsult, you are just throwing crap to the wall and see if it sticks to people that know less than you. You're posting misinformation to trying to make an argument, and that's unfair and kind of disgusting to be honest.

By the way, iris scanner was already developed AND implemented, the new Microsoft 950XL has it. But it has both, the iris scanner AND a camera beside it, not 2 in 1, they are independent modules. The fact that one phone doesn't have 1 or 2 features doesn't mean it's outdated, otherwise every phone is outdated, because every phone is missing some feature or another that already exists.

Be honest...there's nothing like it-lumia-950-iris-scanner.jpg

There's simply NO PHONE with all the specs you want combined.
    10-18-15 04:27 PM
    Last time I checked was 10 times, but could have been updated
    Five times with picture, then type BlackBerry, then five more tries with alphanumeric password.

10-18-15 04:27 PM
    Five times with picture, then type BlackBerry, then five more tries with alphanumeric password.

oh ok, got it mate, thanks
    10-18-15 04:30 PM
    Crap at the wall is a reduced cost means to an end in some cases... even accidental recognition can be monumental... viz: Flemming
    10-18-15 04:32 PM

It is low but it still worries me which is why I don't use it any more. Perhaps there is a better idea to get rid of random chances.
    10-18-15 04:36 PM
    how is copying my fingerprint easy? even if I gave you mine, you would still have to do moulds, build it from a material that's conductive, etc etc... it's not just touch a paper printed with my printscreen in the phone that is going to unlock it
    Hacker fakes German minister's fingerprints using photos of her hands | Technology | The Guardian
    10-18-15 04:45 PM
    It is low but it still worries me which is why I don't use it any more. Perhaps there is a better idea to get rid of random chances.
    The best would be to choose between 1-3 pictures or repeat the same images 2-3 times in a row?
    10-18-15 04:48 PM
    I never said was Unhackable, becase even mythbusters managed to "hack" a high end fingerprint scanner. It's possible for sure.

Lets be honest here folks, if you have information that is that important, you're not going to store in a phone that can be stolen or lost. 99% of users that use password, or finger print access, just use it so that their children can't play on the phone without permission, or to impede the girlfriend to sneak in the phone and watch their messages...
    10-18-15 04:49 PM
    I never said was Unhackable, becase even mythbusters managed to "hack" a high end fingerprint scanner. It's possible for sure.

Lets be honest here folks, if you have information that is that important, you're not going to store in a phone that can be stolen or lost. 99% of users that use password, or finger print access, just use it so that their children can't play on the phone without permission, or to impede the girlfriend to sneak in the phone and watch their messages...
    Your Nosy Boy/Girlfriend Can Unlock Your iPhone 5s With Your Thumb While You Sleep | TechCrunch
    10-18-15 04:51 PM
    Didn't think of that problem
    I have a light sleep, that wouldn't work with me, but I can relate to some people I know... Althought you really need a psycho GF to do that. Better she find out that you're cheating on her so you can get rid of that b!tch haha
    jsmith00075 and Justin Couto like this.
    10-18-15 04:59 PM
    I think it's still hard to beat the finger print scanner. With that, you don't even have to look at the phone to unlock. You can unlock it by taking it out of the pocket.

And if I see you unlock your phone, I know your password, copying a finger print is a lot harder.

Like I said, I don't use that kind of stuff, I don't have anything to hide, and I don't store important information in something as volatile as a phone... But if I did, finger-print scanner seems by far the most hassle free option.
    Pretty hard to know what I'm doing with picture password. Enough organizations have my fingerprints due to my work. Google doesn't need them too.

Posted via CB10
    10-18-15 05:02 PM
    Smart to have another cheater fone then, or else leave her handcuffs on overnite...

Didn't think of that problem
    I have a light sleep, that wouldn't work with me, but I can relate to some people I know... Althought you really need a psycho GF to do that. Better she find out that you're cheating on her so you can get rid of that b!tch haha
    10-18-15 05:10 PM
    I've been searching for a 'plan b' a phone I will buy in case the price of the priv is 800+ and so far nothing. The new flagships coming out are either too big or come inferior when compared to the priv.

I came to a conclusion even if the price of the priv is 800+ I'm still getting it...no other (android) phone can match what that phone is offering (native android hub, pkb, battery life, beautiful looking)

Am I right or wrong?
    I believe your correct but if you stray into windows phones the new XL looks pretty darn good and cheaper.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    10-18-15 05:19 PM
    I carry an Iphone and a blackberry and the Priv will be a nice addition from what I see in the latest videos.
    10-18-15 05:30 PM
    Isn't the XL bigger (wider) than the priv? Of course, the un-slid priv will be as tall as the iPadMini on its side & slid almost up to the mini standing up... BIB'un 4sure

10-18-15 05:37 PM
    So far the Priv is the phone to buy for me and it is unique. I am going to wait for a nice deal, maybe through my employer on a corporate plan etc
    2 mp camera? meh who cares...as long as it is well priced for me.

Plan B? not sure yet
    10-18-15 07:04 PM
    Well I just read another article in a different forum post, Priv does have picture password. Good deal

Posted via CB10
    10-18-15 07:05 PM
    This fingerprint debate will go on in this forum until BlackBerry adopts a fingerprint scanner (probably in a year or two). The people who do have it think it's great. The people who don't have it think it's not. Then there are the people who can't be bothered to lock their phones vs the people who think that the Mission: Impossible team might come after them one day.

I don't know anyone who has it on their device that doesn't use it, though, which means that one's opinion probably depends on whether it's on one of your devices or not. I'm sure there are plenty of people in BlackBerry management that either own newer generation iPhones or iPads that they unlock every day with Touch ID and can see that not having fingerprint is already a competitive disadvantage for a flagship device in 2016.
    10-18-15 07:26 PM
111 1234 ...