I've been searching for a 'plan b' a phone I will buy in case the price of the priv is 800+ and so far nothing. The new flagships coming out are either too big or come inferior when compared to the priv.

I came to a conclusion even if the price of the priv is 800+ I'm still getting it...no other (android) phone can match what that phone is offering (native android hub, pkb, battery life, beautiful looking)

Am I right or wrong?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    10-18-15 01:45 PM
    I won't give 800$ for one but true there is nothing like it

Posted via CB10
    10-18-15 01:55 PM
    You are right but it'll have to really be executed well - no hardware issues, double typing, screen lifting, etc

People are probably going to give them a chance and it's going to be an expensive chance at that - they'll have to deliver.

One thing they really need to get right however, in my opinion at least - is a top line camera. If it's going to be positioned against other flagships they must have a comparable camera.

Posted via CB10
    10-18-15 02:07 PM
    You are right but it'll have to really be executed well - no hardware issues, double typing, screen lifting, etc

People are probably going to give them a chance and it's going to be an expensive chance at that - they'll have to deliver.

One thing they really need to get right however, in my opinion at least - is a top line camera. If it's going to be positioned against other flagships they must have a comparable camera.

Posted via CB10
    From the sample pics that are out it doesn't look too bad. The pics look really good.

10-18-15 02:09 PM
    I am going to buy one and I am hoping for the 649 or 699 price US, hopefully we will find out in the next couple of weeks.
    Shadowyugi likes this.
    10-18-15 02:10 PM
    I've been searching for a 'plan b' a phone I will buy in case the price of the priv is 800+ and so far nothing. The new flagships coming out are either too big or come inferior when compared to the priv.

I came to a conclusion even if the price of the priv is 800+ I'm still getting it...no other (android) phone can match what that phone is offering (native android hub, pkb, battery life, beautiful looking)

Am I right or wrong?

if you want Pkb, you're already done, the priv is the only mid-high end PKB phone. Then you add stuff like the Amoled screen wich seems to be the same present in samsungs, wich are regarded as the best smartphone screen in the market... Then you add a big battery and sd-card slot that the samsungs don't have anymore.

Even if you exclude the PKB, this phone seems to have all the top end features that no other phone seems to have to be honest, maybe only the fingerprint scanner is missing
    RigoMonster likes this.
    10-18-15 02:13 PM
    I am going to buy one and I am hoping for the 649 or 699 price US, hopefully we will find out in the next couple of weeks.
    If Nov. 6th is the launch day then the price should be released this coming week, IF not then the following week forsure.

10-18-15 02:13 PM
    Am I right or wrong?

Tough to say... nobody is in your shoes. For me there is no hurry to pull the trigger. My Passport is still the best device in the market for me at this point.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639
    extisis likes this.
    10-18-15 02:14 PM
    if you want Pkb, you're already done, the priv is the only mid-high end PKB phone. Then you add stuff like the Amoled screen wich seems to be the same present in samsungs, wich are regarded as the best smartphone screen in the market... Then you add a big battery and sd-card slot that the samsungs don't have anymore.

Even if you exclude the PKB, this phone seems to have all the top end features that no other phone seems to have to be honest, maybe only the fingerprint scanner is missing
    Honestly I'm glad they didn't add the fingerprint scanner. I hate how that's the norm. Even if it is BB, I still do not feel comfortable giving a random company my fingerprint.

10-18-15 02:15 PM
    If Nov. 6th is the launch day then the price should be released this coming week, IF not then the following week forsure.

the price is out there well for me in the UK carphone warehouse has it going on there site if I can remember for I think �529 I am going to wait a few months and see weather the price will budge and can buy it cheaper as don't really wanna spend that much outright but it's all early days.
    10-18-15 02:18 PM
    Honestly I'm glad they didn't add the fingerprint scanner. I hate how that's the norm. Even if it is BB, I still do not feel comfortable giving a random company my fingerprint.

It's usefull for people that use password every time they use their phone. It's much quicker than typing a password. I personally don't use password, can't stand typing a password every time I want to use the phone.
    10-18-15 02:23 PM
    It's usefull for people that use password every time they use their phone. It's much quicker than typing a password. I personally don't use password, can't stand typing a password every time I want to use the phone.
    I have picture password going and that works just great. I hope Priv has the option.

Posted via CB10
    WT44 and hkkelvinlee like this.
    10-18-15 02:44 PM
    Good timing on BlackBerry for bringing this out in time for the Christmas season.

I will wait and see if price comes down a bit after the holiday frenzy. ;-)

Posted via CB10
    10-18-15 02:53 PM
    I have picture password going and that works just great. I hope Priv has the option.

Posted via CB10
    I think it's still hard to beat the finger print scanner. With that, you don't even have to look at the phone to unlock. You can unlock it by taking it out of the pocket.

And if I see you unlock your phone, I know your password, copying a finger print is a lot harder.

Like I said, I don't use that kind of stuff, I don't have anything to hide, and I don't store important information in something as volatile as a phone... But if I did, finger-print scanner seems by far the most hassle free option.
    10-18-15 03:03 PM
    I think it's still hard to beat the finger print scanner. With that, you don't even have to look at the phone to unlock. You can unlock it by taking it out of the pocket.

And if I see you unlock your phone, I know your password, copying a finger print is a lot harder.

Like I said, I don't use that kind of stuff, I don't have anything to hide, and I don't store important information in something as volatile as a phone... But if I did, finger-print scanner seems by far the most hassle free option.
    Have fun with figuring out someone's picture password.
    I've done mine in front of multiple people, and they are wrong every time.

Posted via CB10
    10-18-15 03:39 PM

Posted via CB10
    It has been confirmed that it will.

PassportSQW100-4/10.3.2.2789
    10-18-15 03:47 PM

From what I remember copying a finger print is not that hard. Plus I can't see why someone thinks a single password (you can't change it) is supposed to be secure.
    10-18-15 03:56 PM
    Plenny'a fones will come out with vertical slider KB options if Priv shows any interest... BlackBerry takes many months plus to bring out the priv... Samsung & others can do it in weeks... the crush of competition against established power players... the agony of defeat !!

Posted via CB10
    10-18-15 03:57 PM
    Plenny'a fones will come out with vertical slider KB options if Priv shows any interest... BlackBerry takes many months plus to bring out the priv... Samsung & others can do it in weeks... the crush of competition against established power players... the agony of defeat !!

Posted via CB10
    BlackBerry patents are extremely comprehensive in the area of keyboards. It would cost Samsung far less to simply licence the keyboard from BlackBerry.

PassportSQW100-4/10.3.2.2789
    southlander likes this.
    10-18-15 03:58 PM

Am I right or wrong?

You're right.

Posted via CB10
    10-18-15 03:59 PM
    From what I remember copying a finger print is not that hard. Plus I can't see why someone thinks a single password (you can't change it) is supposed to be secure.
    how is copying my fingerprint easy? even if I gave you mine, you would still have to do moulds, build it from a material that's conductive, etc etc... it's not just touch a paper printed with my printscreen in the phone that is going to unlock it
    Elephant_Canyon likes this.
    10-18-15 04:04 PM
    And if I see you unlock your phone, I know your password, copying a finger print is a lot harder
    And this is where the problem lies with society. Convenience, everyone wants it. True that it's hard to copy a fingerprint, but at least passwords can change, fingerprints cannot

Posted via CB10
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    10-18-15 04:05 PM
    Didn't Jack Bauer do it to a finger sleeve to get in somewhere ?? Contact CTU for a wiki...

Further, if someone really wants your stuff, they could lop off your finger & make the sleeve directly... ask Johnnie Cochran, if it fits...

how is copying my fingerprint easy? even if I gave you mine, you would still have to do moulds, build it from a material that's conductive, etc etc... it's not just touch a paper printed with my printscreen in the phone that is going to unlock it
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    10-18-15 04:06 PM
    If BlackBerry wanted a wow, they could use the crappy front camera to authenticate via retinal scan... a descent front camera would have done better...
    10-18-15 04:13 PM
    I've heard it's as easy as getting your hands on a print and some type of graphite powder. Plus think about it. What's more secure, a password thats in your head, or a fingerprint that someone could forcibly make you input?
    10-18-15 04:16 PM
111 123 ...