Hey guys,

my first ever BB and, it's a Priv.

So far, I'm happy with it BUT, unlike my Samsung phones, I don't seem to be able to allocate a different home screen and so every time I press the home button, it jumps to the LEFT screen. I've tried moving this LEFT screen to somewhere else but it will then jump to the new left screen.

On Touchwiz, I would simply hold down home, all the screens would come up and I'd select the house icon on the screen I want to be the new home screen. Is there something like this that i'm simply missing? I want my home screen to be the middle screen of five.

Thank you!
    11-14-15 11:18 PM
    Different launchers are made to act different ways. With the Google Now Launcher, everything is to the left and the furthest left screen is Google Now and your home screen is the second screen from the left. The BlackBerry Launcher may be the same, as well. Samsung has their own launcher with TouchWiz, and I'm sure it has different customization options from the Google Now Launcher or BlackBerry Launcher. That's one of the reasons I use Nova Launcher, which allows me to do the exact same thing you want to do, on my Nexus because I don't like the limitations put in place with Google's launcher. So, you may just have to install a different launcher to get the home screen customization you're after.
    11-15-15 01:03 AM
    The PRIV is almost stock Android, with some BlackBerry productivity apps and security features. TouchWiz is specific to Samsung.

Posted via CB10
    11-15-15 01:05 AM
    Thanks guys.

Clearly, I know the difference that one is almost stock and Touchwiz is Samsung's launcher, that wasn't the point... the point was to highlight something I could achieve on Touchwiz but was unable to find out how on stock. Maybe i wasn't clear enough in my post.

So, I either have to "suck it up" and get on with it (and I'm stunned a simple thing like this has been missed by Google) or, install a 3rd party launcher, something I was hoping not to have to do.
    11-15-15 01:11 AM