I have read here on CB some comments regarding the build quality and keyboard being better on the KEYone versus the KEY2. On that note, I noticed yesterday AT&T has lowered the price on the KEYone by approximately $100.00 so now it's right at $400.00.

It might be worth getting one to try out and if I don't like the style and features of the KEYone I can always return it without a huge hassle. If I don't like the format, screen size, and camera for example on a KEYone, I highly doubt I would like the KEY2.

Bob
    You won't. ..I owned both and the keyone is just the better phone..and u can get it for a steal of a deal..one I'm typing on right now I got for 280 canadian
    07-18-18 03:34 PM
    The thing with this device is if you happen to get a model with no issues then it's an amazing the phone. The chip set ..camera quality..video quality..the screen are all better then the keyones..but it's a gamble on whether the phone won't have the issues..i got very lucky I have a mint condition one and honestly I love it and I am keeping it for a long time because like I said before the key2 just feels so cheap compared to this device
    It's not a gamble at all. Every Priv has the damn 808 chipset which is terrible. However, with the right tweaking and optimizing, you can get decent serviceable battery life from it.

Typing this from my 5th Priv. I keep selling them off and missing the design and buying one again lol.

If KEY3 packs a nice AMOLED display, I may just not look back at the Priv anymore. Who knows.

It still can be used as a daily in 2018... just... there aren't anymore security patches coming, besides some exceptions (AAW068).
    And you need to optimize it, turn off a bunch of services etc and then maybe you'll achieve a full day with 5 hours of SOT.
    07-18-18 05:09 PM
    It's not a gamble at all. Every Priv has the damn 808 chipset which is terrible. However, with the right tweaking and optimizing, you can get decent serviceable battery life from it.

Typing this from my 5th Priv. I keep selling them off and missing the design and buying one again lol.

If KEY3 packs a nice AMOLED display, I may just not look back at the Priv anymore. Who knows.

It still can be used as a daily in 2018... just... there aren't anymore security patches coming, besides some exceptions (AAW068).
    And you need to optimize it, turn off a bunch of services etc and then maybe you'll achieve a full day with 5 hours of SOT.
    5 privs lol..i don't blame you its a beautiful device and it stands out more in a crowd than any of the keyones
    07-18-18 10:09 PM
    5 privs lol..i don't blame you its a beautiful device and it stands out more in a crowd than any of the keyones
    It stands out only if the slider is open lol
    07-19-18 04:08 AM
    It stands out only if the slider is open lol
    Good. I don't need to be pestered about being "still using a BlackBerry" .
    bqik likes this.
    07-19-18 08:15 AM
    My SD card works now. I inserted the card while the phone was all off, was asked by the priv to download some eFat(?) file, and voila, it worked.

I know the google thing a is a security feature vs. theft, but boy it was annoying. Luckily, I found a youtube video that offered a solution that worked with android 6.01 and 2017 security patch.

The priv has the best vkb I’ve ever used, and I usually hate those. I am surprised that I don’t use the Priv’s pkb much yet!

My priv is in pristine shape, previous owner kept very good care of it.
    The one thing BlackBerry did right was their VKB. I have looked at a number of them, and the ease of use of the BlackBerry VKB is light years ahead of the competition.

I left BlackBerry after they decided not to upgrade the Priv OS. I understand the decision, but it left me with a device that was dead in the water. It worked fine, albeit it was slow which I didn't realize until I got my 5T. That is when I realized that the low gb of Ram and the poor optimization on the Priv really hampered what should have been a home run.

So I have the BlackBerry suite of apps and the BlackBerry keyboard loaded. But if there were a Priv2 with top of the line processor and specs, I would consider it. But knowing BBMOBILE, they will cut corners, and still price it like a flagship.
    Bob80220 likes this.
    07-19-18 10:30 AM
    Every single time when I say I use a Blackberry......the reactions I get from family, friends and strangers.... Make me hold on to the PRIV longer ha ha :P
    07-19-18 11:57 AM
    Every single time when I say I use a Blackberry......the reactions I get from family, friends and strangers.... Make me hold on to the PRIV longer ha ha :P
    That's because in the eye of the general public, they picture an old Curve 8300 or Bold 9700. That's what BBMo is trying to do, to change that general perception. It takes time
    07-19-18 12:09 PM
    love my Priv, have not read a whole lot that convinces me to change. if TCL jumps in and able to make an updated Priv, call it what they want, I would buy without any hesitation
    07-21-18 10:30 AM
34 12