Hello,
    I am new to the Priv and Android MM (previous was 4.0.1). I read, that I can open a taskmanager when I hold the homebutton (middle) for a few seconds. However it opens some google-****.. liek google now or something. I don't even know. What the hell please ?
    04-30-16 10:39 AM
    Nope. Dunno where you got that from.

Square button takes you to recent apps screen. And that's it.

Although the iPhone has double tap on home button for recent apps, and long tap for siri

This is why the home button design is outdated and obsolete, but apparently people can't figure out phones without them.

Posted via a Priv on an 6.0 Mushroom
    04-30-16 10:45 AM
    Hello,
    I am new to the Priv and Android MM (previous was 4.0.1). I read, that I can open a taskmanager when I hold the homebutton (middle) for a few seconds. However it opens some google-****.. liek google now or something. I don't even know. What the hell please ?
    You may have already found this out, but pressing the soft button (square shape) to the right of home gives a task manager of sorts, allowing you to view and switch between the apps you have opened.

If you're looking for a task manager with resource usage information, I thoroughly recommend OS Monitor from the Play Store.

Hope this helps.
    04-30-16 01:14 PM
    Arrow = back
    Circle = Menu/ Home
    Square = task manager
    Last edited by paulwallace1234; 04-30-16 at 03:04 PM.
    fanisk likes this.
    04-30-16 01:31 PM
    so square should be a task manager but I just see what I opened last. And HOLDING circle opens some weird google thing. what is this please?
    04-30-16 06:21 PM
    op, holding the home bottom activates Google Now on tap. you answered your own question on your first original post.
    04-30-16 06:28 PM
    Holding the Circle should bring up Now On Tap. It basically reads what's on the screen and does a Google search on the contents of the screen. So for example, if somebody sends you a text/SMS message that says "Hey! I just ate at Jimmy Johns and I love their sammiches!", and while that text is on the screen and you longpress the circle for Now on Tap, you'll get popups of a Google Search for Jimmy Johns, a Google Maps location of the closest Jimmy Johns location near you, and probably some online reviews. There are other features as well, like sharing the screen to others (basically another method of taking a screenshot).

The square button should not just show your last opened app, but all apps that you have opened but not explicitly closed. All in a stacked cards form that you can scroll through, each card showing screenshots of where you last left off in the app.
    Last edited by DenverRalphy; 04-30-16 at 06:40 PM.
    Square is not supposed to be a "task manager" in the typical sense. More like a summary of currently open applications. Holding down the circle is activating a feature called Google Now on Tap, which you can learn more about here: https://support.google.com/websearch.../6304517?hl=en
    Note that you can disable Google Now on Tap if you'd like.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    op, holding the home bottom activates Google Now on tap. you answered your own question on your first original post.
    This is a MM feature???
    04-30-16 07:26 PM
    This is a MM feature???
    Yep. It's an Android feature introduced with MM.

I use it quite often. Especially when I get an email requesting a scheduled meeting/appointment. While the email is on the screen, I just longpress the home button to activate Now On Tap, select Create Calendar Appointment, and all the information is already filled out for rme.
    FF22 likes this.
    04-30-16 07:36 PM
    So the three choices (device search, google, hub) are gone?

Posted via the CB App for PRIV
    04-30-16 07:57 PM
    Well google now doesn't seem anything i would ever use. It wants a lot of things to know and all I see is a google searchbar and weather in some city. Useless trash for me. How can I get it away?
    04-30-16 08:05 PM
    So the three choices (device search, google, hub) are gone?

Posted via the CB App for PRIV
    Those are choices when swiping up from the home button. Google Now On Tap pops up as a result of a longpress of the home button. You just gotta learn to recognize the difference between a swipe up and a long press.
    04-30-16 08:30 PM
    Well google now doesn't seem anything i would ever use. It wants a lot of things to know and all I see is a google searchbar and weather in some city. Useless trash for me. How can I get it away?
    If you're not seeing anything useful, then you're probably only seeing what's interpreted based on the lack of information displayed on your screen at the time Now On Tap is activated, and probably only what's displayed on your default home screen which isn't much more than icons. If you haven't used it under circumstances where it's most effective, you won't get much out of it. But hey, If you don't want it, you can disable it. A link a few posts up pointed out how to do so. There are benefits to the Now On Tap feature if you so choose, but if you choose not to use it... it's easily turned off. It's not required, just an option. Myself personally, I get a lot of use out of it. Especially when somebody sends me an Appointment confirmation, and all I do is longpress the home button, tap Add To Calendar, and I'm good to go (and that's only one example).
    04-30-16 08:37 PM
    I really don't understand the usage of it. When Google now opens, I just see a google search bar and the weather on the bottom, of cities I don't even know. All I figured out is, that I turned ot position tracking. How can I disable Google now completly?
    05-01-16 11:14 AM
    I really don't understand the usage of it. When Google now opens, I just see a google search bar and the weather on the bottom, of cities I don't even know. All I figured out is, that I turned ot position tracking. How can I disable Google now completly?
    Settings, apps, disable google app.

Keep in mind that it also disabled speech to text, and the search bar on the home screen.

Posted via a Priv on an 6.0 Mushroom
    05-01-16 01:04 PM
    Well okay, than I rather get used of it: How can I change the place ( I would like to have a fixed place) to show how the weather is in Google Now. And Can I change the time between the refreshing of it?
    05-01-16 01:17 PM
    Those are choices when swiping up from the home button. Google Now On Tap pops up as a result of a longpress of the home button. You just gotta learn to recognize the difference between a swipe up and a long press.
    Long hold on circle AND swipe up pre MM did the same thing (3 choices etc)

So it's a replacement of one of these methods that is annoying the OP apparently with MM

Swipe up is still my fav app, and it's been updated- I make my swipe up task manager so I pretend it's WebOS and bb10 in my dreams

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    05-01-16 02:44 PM