From the XDA forum:

Setting up Android Marshmallow, without Google - XDA Forums

Do this and you have it setup like BB10 without all the swipes & sh!t. But at least you will have complete privacy from Google.
    10-14-15 11:23 PM
    A few weeks ago I mentioned in a post that if I got the Priv the first thing I would do would be to remove the Google bloat. Then I realized in my next sentence that if I did so there would then be no point in getting an Android powered BlackBerry when the Passport would serve all the same purposes (unless I happen to really want a slider, edge screen, and that camera lens...), then have access to the same apps, and cost $100 - $200 less.

It's a cool link though and if I do get the Priv this is still what I am going to do. Ironically, as stated in a few other posts of mine, the XDA community is the only reason why I would even a Priv in the first place.
    10-15-15 12:04 AM
    Crazy guys! It's why BlackBerry 10 exists.

Posted via Z30
    MO3iusONE likes this.
    10-15-15 12:13 AM
    Yes. You have bb10 for that, lol

Posted via CB10
    polytan02 likes this.
    10-15-15 01:50 AM
    Blackberry 10 exists for this reason yes, agreed but BlackBerry 10 will only be getting incremental updates from now on and not getting any big name native apps.

Also android apps are now becoming more and more google service dependent and amazon app store has blocked BlackBerry 10 users fromdownloading most of the good apps.

If I can remove google from the equation and have my phone secure, I would definitely get the priv.

Otherwise ios for me.

Posted via CB10
    10-15-15 02:35 AM
    Wow according to that article above, I can remove almost all things google

This is a decision changer for me.

I hope I can do it without rooting the device.

Posted via CB10
    10-15-15 02:41 AM
    LOL
    Give people a BB10, they want to put cobalt's Google play services into it
    Give people an android, they want to take the Google play services out
    10-15-15 03:15 AM
    LOL
    Lmao people want what they can't have.

Not sure I would want to do this when I get the Priv. But still interesting to know people have the option there if I want to lock it down more

As for the you have bb10 for that argument. Well, unless they really update the runtime that bb10 has started to show its age for me... I can live without the google play services. But when apps that don't require them don't work then I get frustrated (new metal gear solid 5 app for example)

*-* BBM Channel : Netflix Newsroom C003BA5E3 | facebook.com/NetflixNewsroom*-*
    Last edited by midnightdoom; 10-15-15 at 04:26 AM.
    10-15-15 03:56 AM
    Last edited by midnightdoom; 10-15-15 at 04:26 AM.
    10-15-15 03:59 AM
    LOL
    The sad story of CB lately...
    10-15-15 04:40 AM
    LOL
    On the spot!

Posted via CB10
    MO3iusONE likes this.
    10-15-15 04:45 AM
    BB10 til the end!

 Z10 STL 100-3 with vitamin 10.3.2.2639 on AT&T
    jope28 likes this.
    10-15-15 04:47 AM
    If Google is that icky, why buy it in the first place?

Posted via CB10
    extisis and howarmat like this.
    10-15-15 04:51 AM
    All of this is insane for me.

If you get an android phone to fully remove Google services being scared of being spied (for good reasons?), and end up with f-droid, better use a BlackBerry with BB10 and add the missing android apps.

At least you get a neat and polished OS that you can use fully.

This really makes me sad as privacy is a real concern for me and it seems that I will have no good choice after my Passport.
    I may give a try to the Priv but really, I'm not happy about this.

What are the remaining options for a privacy-respectful OS once BB10 is killed ? iOS, Google Android and WP are not.

Posted via CB10
    10-15-15 05:02 AM
    For me, I am buying a Priv and I going to set it up using Google play services and enjoy everything the device has to offer.

I enjoyed all the great things that OS10 has to offer, but myself along with 99% of my clients and friends require apps to get things done and it's time to embrace the Priv and the new Blackberry.
    Z30Commission and Granehill like this.
    10-15-15 05:25 AM
    I really don't understand why someone would like to get rid of Google. That's en eco-system like Apple, Windows Phone or for that matter BlackBerry. If you would take away that eco-system you would on most parts loose a lot of things. I would be hard to find apps and many wouldn't work without Google. I live in a couple of world's like BlackBerry, Apple and Android and there are a lot of things to like in all of them, but I also have to respect and hopefully like their respective eco-systems whether I like it or not.

As pointed out before, BlackBerry will not survive without a step to the Android world. As a shareholder I would expect the management to take the correct decisions in order to make the company prosper.

So again it's live or die for the company which means that some people have to jump the platform, but I will stay on as I strongly believe in the BlackBerry management and also the move to the Android platform and eco-system spiced with a lot of the BlackBerry flavours that we all love.

Posted via CB10
    10-15-15 05:36 AM
    For me, I am buying a Priv and I going to set it up using Google play services and enjoy everything the device has to offer.

I enjoyed all the great things that OS10 has to offer, but myself along with 99% of my clients and friends require apps to get things done and it's time to embrace the Priv and the new Blackberry.
    I agree, but... good to have options. If this represents an option that makes someone feel better about getting the Priv, then it's a good thing.

Posted via CB10
    10-15-15 05:40 AM
    For my self I Loosing to much.

Loosing:
    - gestures !!!
    - BlackBerry Protect
    - Picture password
    - BlackBerry multitasking
    - BlackBerry VKB swipe words
    - the way I can share pics, music, videos and other files.

Win:
    - PKB ( don't need)

I used android sometimes, but It's not for me.
    Have all apps I need.

I am using my Z30 as long as possible. Don't need every year a new phone.

Posted via my Z30 (10.3.2.2639)
    10-15-15 06:15 AM
    From the XDA forum:

Setting up Android Marshmallow, without Google - XDA Forums

Do this and you have it setup like BB10 without all the swipes & sh!t. But at least you will have complete privacy from Google.
    Thanks for finding this for all who are looking for such a resource.

 Posted via CB10 on my Q10 
    10-15-15 07:19 AM
    The beginning part of the instructions, when 1st turning on the device is what I'm not sure about.

I'll get rid of Google+ definitely. Don't need that.
    10-15-15 07:31 AM
    For those that want the apps but not Google. You can use Cobalts Gmapps patcher and remove google dependency's. Transfer the patched app onto your device and load. Don't know if all of the apps will work. The apps I use all work fine on my Note 4. Just wish I could get Blaq and iGrann on my Note 4.
    10-15-15 08:38 AM
    keep in mind you wont have root access so the first thing you cant do. AND if you do remove GPS you will have to go in and remove anything google and you will have plenty of annoying popups about not having them
    10-15-15 09:04 AM
    The bigger miss will be for the swipe gesture on my side.
    So practical...

Posted via CB10
    10-15-15 09:07 AM
    Do anything like this and every important app wont work. And when android apps start behaving funny and when google maps refuse to run without gps... you'll reboot it soon enuff.
    10-23-15 11:00 AM
    You can attempt to remove dependencies (with something like Cobalt's or Lucky Patcher) but the important apps you want won't run without those dependencies.

This is the fundamental issue and you folks keep looking for Unicorns. You want GAPPS-enabled applications (that are designed to use and work with those resources) but you don't want Google to have the data. There are a handful of apps you can remove the dependencies from and they'll run, but most will not and that leaves you in the exact same place you were with BB10 -- you can run most Android apps but those that require GAPPS will not run if you strip GAPPS.

So choose -- either Google gets access to what they want or you don't run those apps.
    howarmat likes this.
    10-23-15 11:20 AM
32 12