Hello everyone,

I've been debating about ordering the priv, like a lot of people, but my main concern isn't the device itself, nor the price, it's blackberry!

Yes, once again, blackberry bashers have made sure that every review, positive or negative, tells your that this is the make or break device for blackberry. Anyone still waiting on a Palm Pre update? Ya... that is the problem. People will buy a device for 2 years. If I buy a blackberry priv today, will it get updates for the next 2 years?

John Chen and his gang have to stop telling people they're going to quit the hardware business. It's killing the device before it's even out there!

I'm using a Samsung S6 at the moment (yes, I do have a passport and an iphone 6 plus, perks of working in the app business ). I really like the idea of the Priv. The 699$ price (899$ in Canada) is what you would expect from an iPhone 6s Plus or a Samsung S6 Edge. But Samsung and Apple aren't saying : Hey, if we can't sell enough of our phones this year, we will kill our phone business!

There's a bigger risk factor in my mind to buy a Nextbit Robin (https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...ter-smartphone) and yet they still managed to raise over a 1 million on kick starter with a forecast of selling millions of phones. They key, they are positive about their business. You don't get 15 news reports per week saying they're going bankrupt or are going to stop selling phones!

You want to sell blackberry phones. Blackberry has to start thinking and acting positively!

It's just my 2 cents, and I will probably end up ordering a Priv anyway but I'm so sick of the negativeness surrounding blackberry.

For the android haters & bb10 supporters: The priv, the not "so pure" blackberry is probably the best decisions the company has made in 2 years. Blackberry killed blackberry 10 when it took 4 years to release it! Developers were put on hold! Don't get any new apps out for BB 5.0/6.0 because as soon as BB10 is out, they will be obsolete (no direct support for BBOS apps). Then, BB10 didn't come,didn't come,didn't come, and soon it became irrelevant wether it was going to come out or not, the world had moved on.

It would be nice to get an editorial from @kevinmichaluk about this. He has followed BB since the beginning and probably has a point of view on this matter.

Personally, I say go BlackBerry go! And I support Blackberry on Android!
    jonwb and fanisk like this.
    11-04-15 06:39 PM
    Hello everyone,

I've been debating about ordering the priv, like a lot of people, but my main concern isn't the device itself, nor the price, it's blackberry!

Yes, once again, blackberry bashers have made sure that every review, positive or negative, tells your that this is the make or break device for blackberry. Anyone still waiting on a Palm Pre update? Ya... that is the problem. People will buy a device for 2 years. If I buy a blackberry priv today, will it get updates for the next 2 years?

John Chen and his gang have to stop telling people they're going to quit the hardware business. It's killing the device before it's even out there!

I'm using a Samsung S6 at the moment (yes, I do have a passport and an iphone 6 plus, perks of working in the app business ). I really like the idea of the Priv. The 699$ price (899$ in Canada) is what you would expect from an iPhone 6s Plus or a Samsung S6 Edge. But Samsung and Apple aren't saying : Hey, if we can't sell enough of our phones this year, we will kill our phone business!

There's a bigger risk factor in my mind to buy a Nextbit Robin (https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...ter-smartphone) and yet they still managed to raise over a 1 million on kick starter with a forecast of selling millions of phones. They key, they are positive about their business. You don't get 15 news reports per week saying they're going bankrupt or are going to stop selling phones!

You want to sell blackberry phones. Blackberry has to start thinking and acting positively!

It's just my 2 cents, and I will probably end up ordering a Priv anyway but I'm so sick of the negativeness surrounding blackberry.

For the android haters & bb10 supporters: The priv, the not "so pure" blackberry is probably the best decisions the company has made in 2 years. Blackberry killed blackberry 10 when it took 4 years to release it! Developers were put on hold! Don't get any new apps out for BB 5.0/6.0 because as soon as BB10 is out, they will be obsolete (no direct support for BBOS apps). Then, BB10 didn't come,didn't come,didn't come, and soon it became irrelevant wether it was going to come out or not, the world had moved on.

It would be nice to get an editorial from @kevinmichaluk about this. He has followed BB since the beginning and probably has a point of view on this matter.

Personally, I say go BlackBerry go! And I support Blackberry on Android!
    im in the same boat. hard to justify spending 900 eur if not even blackberry is confident in the product. the priv looks stunning though hardware wise
    11-04-15 06:46 PM
    objectively, I am still on the fence with it. I will wait for sure until prices come down (yes I am moaning about the price), 808, 3gb ddr3, 2mp front cam and without carrier support this end, it is not telling me to buy it outright and import it. It is just me ...
    11-04-15 06:50 PM
    Blackberry still supports and updates bbos, not as much but they do. And there not going bankrupt or closing down. To me even if they do kill the hardware business I still see them updating there phones and so on, I mean will continue as a software company and it would be stupid of them not to update they software at that point, especially if businesses around the world are using there devices weather it's bb10 or the priv.

I think the priv will actually do pretty well though, there's a more positive vibe about this device in the phone industry then you was for any bb10 device. I ordered one and will be putting my s6 up for sale and it's only a month old.

Posted via the CrackBerry App
    DJM626 likes this.
    11-04-15 07:54 PM

Here we go again! To Priv or Not to Priv-mockit_04112015202113.jpg

Z10 10.3.2.2639 via CB10
    BerryRipe likes this.
    11-04-15 09:23 PM
    They will continue support of Priv perpetually and all BlackBerry devices. Remember Priv is mainly now an Android OS so that will still be around.
    IF BlackBerry exits the hardware business that is one thing. They won't exit the software business as that is their future.
    They will continue to support mobile OS and business Software.
    Despite their turnaround efforts which are on track . They have a lot of money in the bank and are no risk of going under. They will be acquired before that happens. They are still over a billion dollar annual company.
    I hold stock and am very confident in their future as a company. (device division we will see, but as a company you bet!)

BlackBerry Priv!!
    Bay 13 likes this.
    11-04-15 09:34 PM
    They will continue support of Priv perpetually and all BlackBerry devices. Remember Priv is mainly now an Android OS so that will still be around.
    IF BlackBerry exits the hardware business that is one thing. They won't exit the software business as that is their future.
    They will continue to support mobile OS and business Software.
    Despite their turnaround efforts which are on track . They have a lot of money in the bank and are no risk of going under. They will be acquired before that happens. They are still over a billion dollar annual company.
    I hold stock and am very confident in their future as a company. (device division we will see, but as a company you bet!)

BlackBerry Priv!!
    Well, what about the playBook? No support!
    What if Google or Samsung acquires them once they kill hardware?
    Ever since mid 2013, BlackBerry has been telling the world that they are up for sale or that they will terminate the hardware business while putting out new phones (starting with Z30) and expecting people to have enough confidence to buy them.
    11-04-15 10:39 PM
    I'm thinking if we buy it they'll gain confidence. Crazy what some folks post on here.

Posted via CB10
    11-04-15 10:43 PM
    Priv

BBM Channel: C0001F285
    11-05-15 12:06 AM
    Take that money you were going to spend on an expensive phone that you don't really need and give it to charity instead.
    11-06-15 01:02 PM
    The keyboard is holding me back..when I tried the demo unit at store I couldn't stand it..small..squishy...low accuracy. Would miss my q10 too much.

BlackBerry just make a classic form factor with latest specs/cameras on android!! And maybe a 4 inch screen if possible. It would sell like hotcakes. With this priv phone they are trying to appease one too many people. Just leave it as a touchscreen and release a separate proper keyboard one.

Posted via CB10 from my Q10
    11-06-15 09:24 PM