I am experiencing this weird issue with my Priv screen. Basically it is split in half, where half the display is normal and the other half is sputtering or doing something crazy. I will attach some people pics to show what I am referring to. I have tried hard resets, and just tried a factory reset but it is still doing it. Also, I have it in a case a pretty sure it hasn't been dropped or anything, and the screen is not broken. I have never experienced anything like this so I am hoping there is some type of fix. If anyone could help me out that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Help! - Weird screen issue-31513.jpg  
    10-13-18 07:58 PM
    More pics
    Attached Thumbnails Help! - Weird screen issue-31518.jpg  
    10-13-18 08:05 PM
    Not sure why I can't attach more than one pic at a time!
    Attached Thumbnails Help! - Weird screen issue-31521.jpg  
    10-13-18 08:07 PM
    Ouch. Looks like a hardware issue. Sorry for the hurt.
    10-13-18 08:18 PM
    Most likely a hardware issue. You need to find a screen replacement. However, I wouldn't drop over $60 or so to save a Priv. Typically new AMOLED screen assemblies for this device cost more than that, but you could get lucky. Maybe if you find on eBay a defective Priv that has another issue you could pick it up cheaper than a screen assembly and just use the working panel to swap it onto yours.

Good luck and enjoy your KEY2
    10-15-18 03:59 PM
    Most likely a hardware issue. You need to find a screen replacement. However, I wouldn't drop over $60 or so to save a Priv. Typically new AMOLED screen assemblies for this device cost more than that, but you could get lucky. Maybe if you find on eBay a defective Priv that has another issue you could pick it up cheaper than a screen assembly and just use the working panel to swap it onto yours.

Good luck and enjoy your KEY2
    Thanks for the reply. I didn't mention this in my previous post but it doesn't happen all the time. It strange. You're probably right, that it's a hardware issue, but wouldn't it happen all the time?

Definitely enjoying the Key2! Thanks!
    10-15-18 05:04 PM
    I suspect the display connectors might have got lose as PRIV slides in and out. Just throwing it out.
    10-15-18 05:33 PM
    You aren't alone. My Priv did the exact same thing last week. The first time I was able to power on and off the screen a few times and it came back. Then it did it again and nothing would bring it back. I've factory reset it, smacked it around and pressed down to try and shake any loose hardware.... Now I type to you from a spare lg g3..... I miss my keyboard desperately, however despite this phone being older, it is so much faster than the Priv I cannot justify buying a replacement Priv, my conversations take longer, but every app, gps, and general use is quicker. It was a sad realization, perhaps one day a Priv 2.

If you find any solutions be sure to post!
    10-16-18 09:57 PM
    You aren't alone. My Priv did the exact same thing last week. The first time I was able to power on and off the screen a few times and it came back. Then it did it again and nothing would bring it back. I've factory reset it, smacked it around and pressed down to try and shake any loose hardware.... Now I type to you from a spare lg g3..... I miss my keyboard desperately, however despite this phone being older, it is so much faster than the Priv I cannot justify buying a replacement Priv, my conversations take longer, but every app, gps, and general use is quicker. It was a sad realization, perhaps one day a Priv 2.

If you find any solutions be sure to post!
    I'd go for a KEYone/KEY2/LE At this point
    10-17-18 07:07 AM
    I'd go for a KEYone/KEY2/LE At this point
    I have been debating it. I'm still waiting for a full success story with the Key2 le and verizon.
    the_boon likes this.
    10-17-18 07:11 AM