I restarted my phone and after boot-up it no longer shows any app icons at all. I just have a blank page with my background pick. Not even the app drawer or phone icon. The apps are there, if I search for them on device search they come up and I can use them, but I have no more icons to press to start the apps. Anyone else have this happen to them? I have restarted the phone 4 times and the apps are still not coming up, yet everything works if I search for them. Notifications still come, phone still works, and it's burning through the battery like crazy (wasn't before) while in this state.

Ideas? I'm trying to avoid a wipe as I just got everything set up.
    11-16-15 04:47 PM
    actually, this just happened to a friend of mine. He rebooted and everything was missing. Try rebooting again?
    11-16-15 04:50 PM
    Try hard reset? Press and hold power until it's off. Then leave it for a good 5 min... Then switch on leave it for another 5 before using.
    sophace and ezapper2 like this.
    11-16-15 04:52 PM
    actually, this just happened to a friend of mine. He rebooted and everything was missing. Try rebooting again?
    I have 4 times, not sure how different a 5th time will be but I'll try again.
    11-16-15 04:55 PM
    Try hard reset? Press and hold power until it's off. Then leave it for a good 5 min... Then switch on leave it for another 5 before using.
    Tried that as well, still no luck, still no icons. Looks like it has happened to others on Android 5.1.1, hoping there is another solution other than security wipe.
    11-16-15 05:26 PM
    Tried that as well, still no luck, still no icons. Looks like it has happened to others on Android 5.1.1, hoping there is another solution other than security wipe.
    Ok the second time I did this and waited 5 minutes, it worked! Not just restarting, but holding the power button down for over 10 seconds and then waited 5 mins before unlocking the phone. Thanks!
    11-16-15 05:43 PM
    Hey I lost my contact icon somehow. Does anyone know how to get it back ?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-17-15 05:35 PM
    just happened to me right now... I can get into the settings and the launcher works but no icons or app drawer on the home screen. I tested creating a second profile and that works but I don't want to lose all my apps and settings on the original profile.

testing the off on for 5 minutes
    02-10-16 01:03 PM
    just happened to me right now... I can get into the settings and the launcher works but no icons or app drawer on the home screen. I tested creating a second profile and that works but I don't want to lose all my apps and settings on the original profile.

testing the off on for 5 minutes
    This worked for me too. Thank God!!

02-10-16 08:56 PM
    BlackBerry Launcher is garbage. Switch to Nova.

02-11-16 05:08 AM
    I lost the phone icon. Wish someone would have told me to hold the off button.

In my case I don't think it would have worked. Until the OS is updated to fix the SD bug don't move apps to the SD.

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1058072

I use NOVA to launch and lock the home screen. If you don't lock the screen down the apps will move around on you.

BlackBerry PRIV and 9900 w/Classic backup
    Attached Thumbnails Help - restarted phone and all app icons disappeared off the home screen-87428.jpg  
    02-11-16 05:25 AM
    I lost the phone icon. Wish someone would have told me to hold the off button.

In my case I don't think it would have worked. Until the OS is updated to fix the SD bug don't move apps to the SD.

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1058072

I use NOVA to launch and lock the home screen. If you don't lock the screen down the apps will move around on you.

They do not "move around on you". Stop spreading that myth. You are moving them. I absolutely never lock the screen in Nova, and my icons absolutely never move.

02-11-16 06:22 AM
    They do not "move around on you". Stop spreading that myth. You are moving them. I absolutely never lock the screen in Nova, and my icons absolutely never move.

Yeah it's a "myth" I have an incident number from BlackBerry Support.

So your saying the icons won't move accidently when you put the phone in your pocket or you have never **** dialed a phone?

Get out of your bubble.

And don't tell me what my opinion is or call me a liar. Don't like my post? PM me

You've only been here one month. Think you should do a little research before putting your foot .......

Last edited by Mr4aces; 02-11-16 at 09:38 AM.
    02-11-16 06:46 AM