A vertical purple line has appeared on my Priv's screen from just under my camera lens to the bottom of the screen.
    I have taken a screenshot and if I transfer the photo to a computer you can't see the purple line anymire, so it must be a display issue right? I have taken a photo oh my priv screen below using another device.
    If I press the screen a bit under the camera the line goes away but reappears again shortly after.

What sucks is that my 1 year warranty ran out last week.

Any idea what I can do? Anyone else got this issue?
    Attached Thumbnails help! priv screen issue-872.jpg  
    01-06-17 05:17 AM
    A vertical purple line has appeared on my Priv's screen from just under my camera lens to the bottom of the screen.
    I have taken a screenshot and if I transfer the photo to a computer you can't see the purple line anymire, so it must be a display issue right? I have taken a photo oh my priv screen below using another device.
    If I press the screen a bit under the camera the line goes away but reappears again shortly after.

What sucks is that my 1 year warranty ran out last week.

Any idea what I can do? Anyone else got this issue?
    I'm really sorry to hear that I also ran out of warranty but I have never had that problem it's probably dead pixels or a display problem you should probably call support or take it in to see what they can do
    01-06-17 05:34 AM
    Not dead pixels, that would present as random and / or blobby. If not showing up on screen shot, it's almost definitely a hardware problem in the screen or drivers. Download the BlackBerry Virtual Expert and test the screen. I don't think it will help, but might give you more information.
    Only other thing I can think of is to open device and make sure ribbon cables connections are clean and firmly connected. There are videos on U tube, it doesn't appear to be that difficult, and it's out of warranty anyway.

Before you try any of the above, try holding the power button down for at least 32 seconds, ignore the vibes and screen flashes. This is a simulated battery pull. This bit should have been at top of post, but I don't feel like editing it.
    01-06-17 06:24 AM
    Yes, it does sound like hardware.

I suggest contacting either BB or carrier and see if you can still get warranty service since it is so close to the warranty period. Don't get your hopes up but you can try.

Good luck.
    01-06-17 08:34 AM
    I have exactly the same thing. I just finally sent it out for repair. It is definitely a screen issue. It tends to be intermittent. Try and press your finger on the screen around the top of the line and it will likely change to green or even disappear. Mine came and went for weeks. I was hoping for it to stay before I sent it out to ensure they see the issue. But my warranty is almost up so I sent it in over the holidays. Will see what happens.
    01-06-17 10:44 AM
    It is caused by the overheating of the phone.
    Nothing you can do about it, unless you still have warranty. Hopefully, BlackBerry Mercury will not have this overheating problem.
    01-06-17 10:50 AM