My latest Priv issues: Bluetooth experience worse and less stable connections than before (when casting to our Google home, I would sometimes disconnect, but not very often; now I'm expecting at least one d/c per music session of 10-15min). Double notifs, where for ex I'll get a fb banner notif for my event, tap on it, be taken to the event and said notification, only to have a secondary notif banner drop for the same thing I'm viewing at the very same time. There have been many times when accessing a notification will lead to a loading screen which never completes the loading process, and instead I have to close and re-open the app and manually go into new notifs w/ in the app itself. And most damaging of all: Google play store updates for all my apps has a permanent "error downloading updates" which I haven't been able to get rid of w/ reboots, clearing cache, or any other tricks (don't want to do a wipe and start over, especially if that doesn't fix the problem). As I feared, the Priv doesn't look like it will be usable for much longer
    Last edited by Exedorable; 07-07-19 at 05:48 PM.
    07-07-19 10:58 AM
    Google play updates, update: so between my KEYᵒⁿᵉ and that new Nokia 8 Sirocco, I didn't notice it at first but my secondary (work) email stopped sync-ing. After some refreshing and messing around w/ a few settings, I just deleted and re-added the account - and somehow that gave the Google play store a hiccup it needed. I've got 13 apps w/ updates pending, so

#StillKicking #NotGivingUp #Priv2019 #lol
    Rico4you likes this.
    07-09-19 03:05 PM
    4 hrs and 17 min of screen time w/ 6% remaining, and at least 10-15% of that was just idle off the charger. Still get to have some good days hehe
    07-15-19 02:03 AM
    Perfect example of a pretty terrible day: it's 245pm, I have 7% remaining, and my screen has been on for 1hr 24min. It's listed at 10% overall battery drain, and is 2nd place to a 1st entry that reads 10154 and has an icon if the android robot next to it (it's at 24% lol)
    07-24-19 02:47 PM
    Perfect example of a pretty terrible day: it's 245pm, I have 7% remaining, and my screen has been on for 1hr 24min. It's listed at 10% overall battery drain, and is 2nd place to a 1st entry that reads 10154 and has an icon if the android robot next to it (it's at 24% lol)
    Weird that it's so inconsistent
    07-24-19 02:57 PM
    That Android OS error that is eating up battery life could be app not installed correctly? Or you tried uninstall an app?

1. clear cache in storage ( with 6.0 marshmallow have direct access to this setting in storage)

2. Hold down power button during at least 32 seconds and while device tried boot up 3 times

Good luck
    07-24-19 03:31 PM
    That Android OS error that is eating up battery life could be app not installed correctly? Or you tried uninstall an app?

1. clear cache in storage ( with 6.0 marshmallow have direct access to this setting in storage)

2. Hold down power button during at least 32 seconds and while device tried boot up 3 times

Good luck
    Yo Rico,

There's someone on Reddit who claims that she gets... wait for it...

3 days of battery life on her Priv!

Her secret?

De-Google the phone.

How so?

Simply disable ALL Google apps and delete your Google account(s) from the phone and voila!
    Rico4you likes this.
    07-24-19 05:39 PM
    Yo Rico,

There's someone on Reddit who claims that she gets... wait for it...

3 days of battery life on her Priv!

Her secret?

De-Google the phone.

How so?

Simply disable ALL Google apps and delete your Google account(s) from the phone and voila!
    Hmmm 3 days on a PRIV??!!...beats a KEY2 LOL!

But yes Google Big Brother is Big Drainer! Myself on my PRIV which use daily uninstalled IG and huge improvement.
    07-24-19 05:42 PM
    Hmmm 3 days on a PRIV??!!...beats a KEY2 LOL!

But yes Google Big Brother is Big Drainer! Myself on my PRIV which use daily uninstalled IG and huge improvement.
    I mean realistically with my usage I could go from 4.5 hours of SOT to like 6 or so, but 3 days? Lol

I'm too dependent on the big G's apps anyway (Notes, Contacts, etc)
    Rico4you likes this.
    07-24-19 06:21 PM
    Just got my Priv on Monday. Permit me a couple of observations from owning a long series of Nokias with Symbian, then to Windows Mobile 8, then Microsoft made and an Alcatel with Windows Phone 10. A major complaint for a long time was erratic high discharge with the MS OS's. Software upgrades over time has pretty much licked this problem, but yet, now and then, my MS 950XL will suddenly start using 10% or more per hour. (My battery app gives that VERY useful data, not estimates of life like several Android apps I'm trying. Anyone know of a battery app that shows that?) Normal is 4% or less, sometimes half that.

My point being that these battery drain issues are in the SW, not the processor used, or using wifi or most apps.

The day after I got it and I was showing to friends - bad timing - the thing was scorching hot. OTOH, this AM, after charging to only 90%, with the screen constantly on....and fairly bright....it had dropped to 50% after SIX hours! Screen on all of the time! As a famous philosopher once said, "Go figger."

It's really hard to believe that these phones went into production with this issue. Surely, BB knew it. Inexcusable in this day and age. I bought a 5000ma external battery to keep in my car.
    11-21-19 05:16 PM
    Just got my Priv on Monday. Permit me a couple of observations from owning a long series of Nokias with Symbian, then to Windows Mobile 8, then Microsoft made and an Alcatel with Windows Phone 10. A major complaint for a long time was erratic high discharge with the MS OS's. Software upgrades over time has pretty much licked this problem, but yet, now and then, my MS 950XL will suddenly start using 10% or more per hour. (My battery app gives that VERY useful data, not estimates of life like several Android apps I'm trying. Anyone know of a battery app that shows that?) Normal is 4% or less, sometimes half that.

My point being that these battery drain issues are in the SW, not the processor used, or using wifi or most apps.

The day after I got it and I was showing to friends - bad timing - the thing was scorching hot. OTOH, this AM, after charging to only 90%, with the screen constantly on....and fairly bright....it had dropped to 50% after SIX hours! Screen on all of the time! As a famous philosopher once said, "Go figger."

It's really hard to believe that these phones went into production with this issue. Surely, BB knew it. Inexcusable in this day and age. I bought a 5000ma external battery to keep in my car.
    Read my post #5 for tips to extend battery life on the Priv
    11-21-19 06:35 PM
    Read my post #5 for tips to extend battery life on the Priv
    Thanks, I have already.
    11-21-19 09:31 PM

The PRIV was first BlackBerry Android hardware. Go back and look at first generation Android hardware from different OEMs and stuff like this is common in general terms.
    11-23-19 12:50 AM
    OP: I just noted in two of my threads that after a hard reset it's been sipping battery for the last 24 hours. Discharging at a 30 hour rate!
    11-23-19 04:45 PM
    Do I need to ditch bberry?
    I love my PRIV but it seems that twice a year or so it goes haywire. I unplug from charging and it's instantly at like 93% by 12 in the afternoon it's at like 50%

It gets super hot in seconds.

SLOW AF! Holy hell, it's slow.

What am I doing wrong? Are there things running that I don't know about? In plain non techy English can someone tell me what I need to do?

Tell me like I'm a five year old.
    Are you still using the priv or have you moved on to another device ?
    11-24-19 03:22 AM
    OP, you might want to check my thread on how I suddenly got over 21 hours of battery life. I got my phone wiped by the seller, I had your same issues. I did a second reset, started out great, then went evil. A third reset, and it's acting like a lover. OK, maybe not the best metaphor, a good friend.
    11-26-19 08:19 PM
    OP, you might want to check my thread on how I suddenly got over 21 hours of battery life. I got my phone wiped by the seller, I had your same issues. I did a second reset, started out great, then went evil. A third reset, and it's acting like a lover. OK, maybe not the best metaphor, a good friend.
    But the question is how far can you push the screen-on time on your Priv?

Any phone can get 21 hours is you're barely touching it throughout the day.

In my experience with several Priv's, if the battery's in relatively good shape and you apply all the tips and tricks and use it for light tasks, you could squeeze up to 5hrs - 5.5hrs of screen-on time, maybe even almost 6 if you're very gentle on the processor and are on a stable Wi-Fi most of the time.
    11-26-19 08:45 PM
67 123