Hey guys I must have done something in settings but my on screen keyboard comes up when I use my physical keyboard and stays up. It wasn't doing this. How do I get it to stay down when I engage the physical keyboard? Any help is greatly appreciated.
    06-23-17 07:07 AM
    BlackBerry sucks!! They refused to help me with my on screen keyboard as I'm just outside my one year window. I'm not paying that kind of money as I'm sure this is an easy fix in settings. if you guys could help me figure out why my virtual keyboard keeps opening up every time I try and use my physical keyboard that would be awesome. I refuse to ever call BlackBerry again as that is a complete joke to me. Something I'm sure to be rather simple they could not provide an answer to without me paying either 35 or 50 dollars. If I have to I'll do a factory reset to straighten it out but if any of you guys know why this is happening please let me know if you don't mind. I appreciate the help big time. I'm not happy with BlackBerry right now. what a complete utter rip off and absolute joke!!!
    06-23-17 07:41 AM
    Have you looked at your language and input settings. Any new apps? Reboot?
    06-23-17 07:56 AM
    Never mind guys. It's not in settings rather it's on the virtual keyboard itself. I figured it out and I think BlackBerry can kiss my A** over it too. They could have helped me but it's all about the money rather than a loyal customer support for an already struggling company. There is a major reason for that and this is part of it. These companies need to support their devices no matter what as it ended up indeed being a simple fix but only if you knew where to look which wasn't in the keyboard settings which was the automatic thought for me. Support was going to charge me either 35 or 50 dollars for what I finally uncovered which would have took them 3 seconds to tell me. That is a total rip off to me. This very moment I'm not buying another BlackBerry product. That may be subject to change after I cool off but if this happens to you too then simply bring up the virtual keyboard and in the corner you'll see the key with the tiny keyboard on it. press and hold it and then a settings like option will open up and it directly says leave virtual keyboard on when physical keyboard is in use and you either hit the button for yes or no. That simple only if one knows where to find the option which it should be in keyboard settings but it's not. I hope BlackBerry reads this and sees they are a complete rip off for trying to charge me 35 dollars per 3 seconds with of interaction. lol.
    anon(10252394) likes this.
    06-23-17 08:01 AM
    I just did a post explaining exactly where this hidden option is located. Shame on BlackBerry for being a rip off trying to charge me so much for a simple fix that would have taken 3 seconds because their techs would have known where this option was hidden at. It should clearly be in keyboard settings but it's not so I had to keep digging until I finally found it within the virtual keyboard itself only.
    06-23-17 08:05 AM
    Have you looked at your language and input settings. Any new apps? Reboot?
    That was the first place I looked actually. I appreciate you responding and offering the help man. I'm cooled down now as BlackBerry fired me up trying to charge me that kind of money for 3 seconds worth of interaction. A flagship phone should at any time be tech supported for typical user interface issues such as this no matter if the phone is over a year old or is over two years old. First of all this is definitely a settings type option and should have been in normal settings under keyboard. Not within the virtual keyboard hidden like this. Had I not just happen to see the tiny keyboard and thought to press and hold it I would have never found this option to fix it.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-23-17 08:33 AM
    Glad you got it figured out.
    06-23-17 08:36 AM
    Thank you! Who would have ever thought for that type of keyboard setting not to be in keyboard settings lol. Crazy.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-23-17 09:05 AM
    It has always been crazy where some of the settings are located. It is logical, just not always how a consumer thinks.
    @blackberryhelp is where I go when I am stumped. It is free.

I also will do a device search, or ask a seasoned BlackBerry poster here via Direct Mail for help.
    06-23-17 05:18 PM
    How's the blackberry support experience? I never dealt with them before.
    06-23-17 05:27 PM
    Never mind guys. It's not in settings rather it's on the virtual keyboard itself. I figured it out and I think BlackBerry can kiss my A** over it too. They could have helped me but it's all about the money rather than a loyal customer support for an already struggling company. There is a major reason for that and this is part of it. These companies need to support their devices no matter what as it ended up indeed being a simple fix but only if you knew where to look which wasn't in the keyboard settings which was the automatic thought for me. Support was going to charge me either 35 or 50 dollars for what I finally uncovered which would have took them 3 seconds to tell me. That is a total rip off to me. This very moment I'm not buying another BlackBerry product. That may be subject to change after I cool off but if this happens to you too then simply bring up the virtual keyboard and in the corner you'll see the key with the tiny keyboard on it. press and hold it and then a settings like option will open up and it directly says leave virtual keyboard on when physical keyboard is in use and you either hit the button for yes or no. That simple only if one knows where to find the option which it should be in keyboard settings but it's not. I hope BlackBerry reads this and sees they are a complete rip off for trying to charge me 35 dollars per 3 seconds with of interaction. lol.
    Tier 1 support staff have no discretion about waiving the fee. It is 100% outsourced to a call centre.
    06-23-17 06:36 PM
    That figures. Always the case.
    06-23-17 08:18 PM
    Terrible because they wanted to charge me because my phone fell just outside a year window. I don't agree with that policy but I'm not surprised either.
    06-23-17 08:20 PM
    Thanks man. I kept searching the phone as I knew it had to be somewhere. Just not logical at all not to be under 'keyboards' settings to me personally. It's good as I finally found after searching a while.
    06-23-17 08:23 PM
    Thats sux. They tried to charge you for thr keyboard settings? Lol. Thats bad customers service.
    06-23-17 08:25 PM
    Thanks man. I kept searching the phone as I knew it had to be somewhere. Just not logical at all not to be under 'keyboards' settings to me personally. It's good as I finally found after searching a while.
    Reports are that the following still works:

Twitter to @blackberryhelp
    06-23-17 10:43 PM
    Reports are that the following still works:

Twitter to @blackberryhelp
    I don't do twitter but I appreciate the heads up. Ironic they have twitter tech help support but no company BlackBerry tech support. Not sure I'm seeing full logic there but the main thing is I was able to get it figured out without having to pay BlackBerry 35 to 50 dollars for a tech to tell me where a basically hidden keyboard setting resided that would have taken 5 seconds. Definitely not worth the money to me. I also still think they should support their flagship device for not warranty but for customers who actually just have functionality questions about their device for more than one year. I personally don't think its a good way to support the ones that purchased their upper end device only to cut them totally out after just one year. I can see two years but one is rather cheap in my view. Not everyone does twitter. I just find no logic if they offer tech help via Twitter but not by actual tech support. So basically they will give you tech support but they also won't. Bottom line one year is cheap and shabby and I believe there is a reason for that by numbers. Don't get me wrong I very much like the device but I can't say I'll be a loyal customer wh
    06-24-17 02:14 AM
    I don't do twitter but I appreciate the heads up. Ironic they have twitter tech help support but no company BlackBerry tech support. Not sure I'm seeing full logic there but the main thing is I was able to get it figured out without having to pay BlackBerry 35 to 50 dollars for a tech to tell me where a basically hidden keyboard setting resided that would have taken 5 seconds. Definitely not worth the money to me. I also still think they should support their flagship device for not warranty but for customers who actually just have functionality questions about their device for more than one year. I personally don't think its a good way to support the ones that purchased their upper end device only to cut them totally out after just one year. I can see two years but one is rather cheap in my view. Not everyone does twitter. I just find no logic if they offer tech help via Twitter but not by actual tech support. So basically they will give you tech support but they also won't. Bottom line one year is cheap and shabby and I believe there is a reason for that by numbers. Don't get me wrong I very much like the device but I can't say I'll be a loyal customer wh
    When I had a very simple settings question that they wanted me to pay that type of money to get a simple 5 second answer on. Not good business in my eyes but we all have our own opinions.
    krazyatom likes this.
    06-24-17 02:17 AM
    Horrible from the first day I received my Passport just after launch... not one bit of improvement
    06-24-17 04:19 PM
    Horrible from the first day I received my Passport just after launch... not one bit of improvement
    Thank you for the verification. It's not good business. One year of support on a 700 dollar phone is cheap support. I agree with you.
    06-24-17 06:39 PM
    That said the passport is the finest phone I have owned just amazing but shockingly the tailing of an albeit defunct company dragged down by hubris and surely a distressing work environment...
    06-24-17 08:58 PM
    They were good with me. It took a little back and forth to figure out what was wrong. Problem was no Picture Password. As soon as I loaded on my work email account, PP disappeared. It was a protocol setting from Microsoft Exchange. Nothing anyone can do. Stupid Protocol.
    krazyatom likes this.
    06-29-17 06:57 AM