After a few days with a new Priv, and after scouring the Forums for help, I'm still confused about how notifications work. I'm distinguishing between three different types of notifications:

1. Drawer notifications
    2. Heads-up notifications
    3. The BB splat on the home screen

To make things more confusing, you can block or enable notifications for any app in Android Settings, Notifications, but for accounts linked to the Hub, you can also control notifications within the Hub settings for that account. For any account in the Hub, enabling notifications gives you drawer notifications, and displays a second setting for heads-up notifications. I.e., you can have drawer notifications with or without heads-up notifications, but not heads-up notifications without drawer notifications. What I can't figure out is the splat. As far as I can tell, enabling drawer notifications, with or without heads-up notifications, gives you the splat on the Hub icon. For non-Hub apps, having the associations unblocked in Android settings gives you the splat for that app.

But is there any way to get splats without drawer or heads-up notifications, to achieve a similar look and feel to BB10? The drawer is way to busy and distracting for me. I'd like to have splats on my home screen without the other kinds of notifications. Is this possible?
    01-12-16 05:53 PM