So a while back I've posted that my Blackberry Priv is network locked, I've buyed it second hand, and loving it till this day. Its the STV100-3 varriant.

I really would like to know from with provider it orginaly came from, so I can give the correct network provider its locked to the unluck services online, so I can get an working unlock code.

If any one can help me out would be great!

THANK YOU!
    Last edited by Fret Madden; 05-30-16 at 12:36 PM. Reason: Removed EMEI
    05-30-16 11:47 AM
    You shouldn't be posting your IMEI on a pubic forum..

Someone once told me IMEI.info is useful
    CivilDissident, francees and BLu like this.
    05-30-16 11:55 AM

Agreed, you should remove the IMEI number, that isn't something one should put out there...

The simplest way to try and ascertain what network the device is locked to would be to visit the APN settings and hit up the 'default' settings... On your Priv visit 'Settings' > Under 'Wireless & Network' header select 'More' > 'Cellular Network Settings' > 'Access Point Names' This should show you what is set, but you may want to press the overflow menu (the 3 vertical dots located to the top left of the view in APN's) and select 'Reset to Default' to be sure, but from here you will easily be able to get a read on the locked carrier...

Posted via CB10
    francees and BLu like this.
    05-30-16 12:26 PM
    Here you can see via my Priv APN settings that my device is locked to T-Mobile...

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Attached Thumbnails Help me find out from with provider my PRIV is!-2287.jpg  
    francees likes this.
    05-30-16 12:28 PM
    Here you can see via my Priv APN settings that my device is locked to T-Mobile...

Looks like I won't be able to view the apn settings.
    05-30-16 12:44 PM
    The damned greyed out areas... Is there anything resembling bloatware from another carrier on your device? Any carrier branded apps or games or even anything in bookmarks that would give away what carrier? (I'm assuming there isn't a carrier specific splashscreen at start up or any carrier trampstamps on the device body itself which would be the most obvious...)

Posted via CB10
    francees likes this.
    05-30-16 12:57 PM

That screen doesn't mean anything... Koodo doesn't sell Privs.
    Attached Thumbnails Help me find out from with provider my PRIV is!-1464637450558.jpg  
    05-30-16 02:44 PM
    OP, are you by chance from Canada?
    05-30-16 02:46 PM
    That screen doesn't mean anything... Koodo doesn't sell Privs.
    OP said his phone was still LOCKED to a carrier, meaning that the carrier's APN settings would be in place as default... In this particular case the APN (should we have had access to it) would have meant something...

Posted via CB10
    francees likes this.
    05-30-16 03:05 PM
    OP said his phone was still LOCKED to a carrier, meaning that the carrier's APN settings would be in place as default... In this particular case the APN would have meant something...

Posted via CB10
    Not necessarily. All the APN settings are actually stored on the phone. It's not a reliable test.
    05-30-16 03:07 PM
    Not necessarily. All the APN settings are actually stored on the phone. It's not a reliable test.
    If the phone was factory reset all the defaults would restore including default APN's, this is typical with carrier specific models...

Posted via CB10
    francees likes this.
    05-30-16 03:10 PM
    The damned greyed out areas... Is there anything resembling bloatware from another carrier on your device? Any carrier branded apps or games or even anything in bookmarks that would give away what carrier? (I'm assuming there isn't a carrier specific splashscreen at start up or any carrier trampstamps on the device body itself which would be the most obvious...)

Posted via CB10
    No flash screens, no bookmarks, no bloadware apps installed
    05-30-16 04:20 PM
    OP, are you by chance from Canada?
    I'm not from Canada, I'm wayyyy over from Curacao, I got no idea from where the dude I've bought the priv from got it, didn't get the box so I'm really clueless.
    05-30-16 04:21 PM
    If the phone was factory reset all the defaults would restore including default APN's, this is typical with carrier specific models...

Posted via CB10
    I did factory reset it some time ago, even reload with the old andriod lollipop autoloader b4 andriod M was available.
    05-30-16 04:22 PM
    I'm not from Canada, I'm wayyyy over from Curacao, I got no idea from where the dude I've bought the priv from got it, didn't get the box so I'm really clueless.
    South Caribbean... I'm willing to bet it's a Canadian unit. You have the PRD number on the box by chance?
    05-30-16 04:34 PM

IMEI.info is horribly inaccurate... it said my IMEI is an STV100-2...
    05-30-16 04:37 PM
    South Caribbean... I'm willing to bet it's a Canadian unit. You have the PRD number on the box by chance?
    Didn't get the box.
    05-30-16 04:42 PM
    So a while back I've posted that my Blackberry Priv is network locked, I've buyed it second hand, and loving it till this day. Its the STV100-3 varriant. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...b8cc38d7db.jpg

I really would like to know from with provider it orginaly came from, so I can give the correct network provider its locked to the unluck services online, so I can get an working unlock code.

If any one can help me out would be great!

THANK YOU!
    I think the most possible way is to look at the build code. It's AAF057 as per what i can see on your screenshot. And yours is STV3. Based on what i know, STV3 is the model specifically sold for Asia Pac market.

There are hundreds of network carriers in APAC region but only few have been selling the Priv. Anyone knows a trusted website where we can trace IMEI?

Posted via CB10
    francees likes this.
    05-30-16 07:04 PM
    I think the most possible way is to look at the build code. It's AAF057 as per what i can see on your screenshot. And yours is STV3. Based on what i know, STV3 is the model specifically sold for Asia Pac market.

There are hundreds of network carriers in APAC region but only few have been selling the Priv. Anyone knows a trusted website where we can trace IMEI?

Posted via CB10
    Man if someone can help would be GREAT!!
    05-30-16 07:13 PM

Posted via CB10
    Canada also sells STV100-3 via the carriers.
    francees likes this.
    05-30-16 07:53 PM
    Actually why don't you just call BlackBerry and ask them...

1-866-533-8067

You can call that for free using Hangouts or Skype.
    francees likes this.
    05-30-16 09:27 PM
    Op try *#*#4636#*#*
    francees likes this.
    05-30-16 09:34 PM
    Actually why don't you just call BlackBerry and ask them...

1-866-533-8067

You can call that for free using Hangouts or Skype.
    I've emailed there customer support center (two days ago) still no reply from them.
    05-30-16 10:04 PM
    Op try *#*#4636#*#*
    Well there's no relevant information in that menu.
    05-30-16 10:07 PM
    You may ask one of many unlock service on the internet.

I have a good experience with this place:
    https://www.unlockbase.com/unlock-ph...ackberry/priv/

Check the box that says "I don't know the name and country of the original network provider"
    francees and FF22 like this.
    05-31-16 12:20 AM
38 12